SSJGSS confirmed stronger than SSJ4?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

SSJGSS confirmed stronger than SSJ4?

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:34 pm

I heard the new Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butouden (3DS) confirmed Blue God is stronger than Red Monkey, any one else here about this?

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: SSJGSS confirmed stronger than SSJ4?

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:07 pm

If by Red Monkey, you mean SS4, it is not very surprising. There is [official?] stuff suggesting that using Potara with Vegeta provides a greater increase in powerlevel than SS4 does for Goku. SSG was a new untouchable realm of power at the time it debuted, so it seems even greater than Potara.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:33 pm

It won't surprise me since SSj4 hasn't been really that relevant since 1997. Super will likely have Goku go SSjGSSj2 and SSjGSSj3. They will be like "This is Goku's strongest form ever! Stronger then any of his past forms before!!!!".
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:34 pm

The Potara is said to be even greater than Super Saiyan 4. This infers the boost each transformation provides. However, we all know that the Super Saiyan God boost is infinitely greater than The Potara.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:45 pm

h0kuten wrote:The Potara is said to be even greater than Super Saiyan 4. This infers the boost each transformation provides. However, we all know that the Super Saiyan God boost is infinitely greater than The Potara.
Not really. Bebi Arc SSJ4 Goku is already implied to be equal if not slightly stronger than Super Vegetto. SSJG is indeed stronger by a good margain, but by just how much is a unknown. Saying its infinite is a rather bloated claim.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:47 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
h0kuten wrote:The Potara is said to be even greater than Super Saiyan 4. This infers the boost each transformation provides. However, we all know that the Super Saiyan God boost is infinitely greater than The Potara.
Not really. Bebi Arc SSJ4 Goku is already implied to be equal if not slightly stronger than Super Vegetto. SSJG is indeed stronger by a good margain, but by just how much is a unknown. Saying its infinite is a rather bloated claim.
It references the boost each transformations provides, NOT how strong the wielders are in comparison to one another.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:51 pm

The exact wording:
Merging With Vegeta!
"After Goku and Vegeta use a merging item to merge, they become Vegetto! They can furthermore become a Super Saiyan, making them Super Vegetto! After the two strongest people merge, they become the greatest master in the universe! Perhaps even stronger than Super Saiyan 4!"
The use of the word "perhaps" excludes the possibility of the statement being taken as irrefutable fact -- "Perhaps" x>y doesn't confirm a thing.

That being said, I have no problem with SSGSS being>SSJ4. I just don't think using that particular source/statement is a good way to go about proving it. :)

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:53 pm

Baby arc Base Goku is infinitely stronger than BOG Base Goku, SS4 Goku is probably around a SS3 Vegetto, while SSG Goku is probably much stronger than SS3 Vegetto, so SSG is a stronger transformation, in my opinion.
Galan007 wrote:The exact wording:
Merging With Vegeta!
"After Goku and Vegeta use a merging item to merge, they become Vegetto! They can furthermore become a Super Saiyan, making them Super Vegetto! After the two strongest people merge, they become the greatest master in the universe! Perhaps even stronger than Super Saiyan 4!"
The use of the word "perhaps" excludes the possibility of the statement being taken as irrefutable fact -- "Perhaps" x>y doesn't confirm a thing.

That being said, I have no problem with SSGSS being>SSJ4. I just don't think using that particular source/statement is a good way to go about proving it. :)
Naw. It clearly has to be taken as definitive fact and mean specifically Boo arc Super Vegetto and not potara in general of a higher form of Vegetto, any one who says other wise is a "biased GT fanboy". :)
Last edited by SSJ2FutureGohan on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:53 pm

They are labelled as the greatest master in the Universe, that's definitely not ambiguous.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:56 pm

h0kuten wrote:They are labelled as the greatest master in the Universe, that's definitely not ambiguous.
Until these guys showed up.

Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:57 pm

h0kuten wrote:They are labelled as the greatest master in the Universe, that's definitely not ambiguous.
When Vegetto was originally formed during the Boo arc(which is what that entire passage is in reference to) he was "the greatest master in the Universe." That particular statement has no bearing whatsoever on transformations/characters that we saw(or are currently seeing) later in the series, however.
Last edited by Galan007 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:58 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Until these guys showed up.

Common sense dictates a previous statement isn't applicable to 'something' that didn't exist at the time it was stated.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Toriyama's statement that Beerus (Before the Whis reveal) was the most powerful being in the history of DBZ.

The statement on Vegetto has been overwritten.

Haji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: Preferably somewhere in Kansai,Chuubu or Kanto. Someday!

Post by Haji » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:17 pm

To me, Vejitto is still the stronger character. Just imagine if Gokuu and Vejita used Potara now. I think you would have a warrior that could take on Whis and Birus.

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:26 pm

ssj4 is a potential unlock, so it will always be the strongest possible form that a saiyan can utilize.

GT gokus saiyan god form would be weaker than ssj4 since ssj4 unleashed all of the dormant power of his godly body.

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Haji wrote:To me, Vejitto is still the stronger character. Just imagine if Gokuu and Vejita used Potara now. I think you would have a warrior that could take on Whis and Birus.
This probably isn't possible.

IMO it's because the SSJG ritual isn't compatible with the Potara, doing so would cause them to defuse, like when Vegetto defused inside of Buu for some absurd reason.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:53 pm

h0kuten wrote:
Haji wrote:To me, Vejitto is still the stronger character. Just imagine if Gokuu and Vejita used Potara now. I think you would have a warrior that could take on Whis and Birus.
This probably isn't possible.

IMO it's because the SSJG ritual isn't compatible with the Potara, doing so would cause them to defuse, like when Vegetto defused inside of Buu for some absurd reason.
How would the SSJG ritual not be compatible with the Potara? Nothing about the SSJG ritual contradicts the mechanics of the Potara.

Truhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Truhan » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:56 pm

That's not what he meant. He just said that God Ki doesn't seem to stack up normally, because a fetus made the difference in Goku's ritual. It's one argument that I've heard, but it doesn't hold much ground when Goku and Vegeta are now at base.

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:01 pm

Vegetto doesn't have Godly Chi. I also don't think Toriyama would let fans create a plot device.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:11 pm

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:ssj4 is a potential unlock, so it will always be the strongest possible form that a saiyan can utilize.

GT gokus saiyan god form would be weaker than ssj4 since ssj4 unleashed all of the dormant power of his godly body.
Nope, Goku's God potential is completely different from his normal potential.

God Goku potential> Gohan potential> Goku potential.