If Perfect Cell remembered he had Kaio-Ken...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

h0kuten
Banned

If Perfect Cell remembered he had Kaio-Ken...

Post by h0kuten » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:59 pm

If he remembered he had the Kaio-Ken and he trained heavily for 7 years until Babidi shows up. How would it change the series?

P.S. He has Frieza's Cells in him and Frieza is now a confirmed prodigy.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: If Perfect Cell remembered he had Kaio-Ken...

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:00 pm

Cell's already doing a Super Saiyan-ish powerup. He probably doesn't use it for the same reason Goku never uses it again after he becomes a Super Saiyan, whatever that is.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:03 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Cell's already doing a Super Saiyan-ish powerup. He probably doesn't use it for the same reason Goku never uses it again after he becomes a Super Saiyan, whatever that is.
Perfect Cell can regenerate, so I presume he could do the Kaio-Ken because he has a more durable body. I honestly think Toriyama just forgot. It's one of those weird/random things that would be hard to remember.

Kaio-Ken is an unused concept for an entire Saga until Cell becomes Perfect.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:05 pm

h0kuten wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:Cell's already doing a Super Saiyan-ish powerup. He probably doesn't use it for the same reason Goku never uses it again after he becomes a Super Saiyan, whatever that is.
Perfect Cell can regenerate, so I presume he could do the Kaio-Ken because he has a more durable body. I honestly Toriyama just forgot. It's one of those weird, random things that would be hard to remember.

I imagine he could do it, but since the Super Saiyan transformation draws on the same well of dormant power that Kaio-Ken does, they don't stack. With Cell doing a Super-Saiyany thing already, I would assume that he doesn't bother with Kaio-Ken because the other is more efficient.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:08 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
h0kuten wrote:
Perfect Cell can regenerate, so I presume he could do the Kaio-Ken because he has a more durable body. I honestly Toriyama just forgot. It's one of those weird, random things that would be hard to remember.

I imagine he could do it, but since the Super Saiyan transformation draws on the same well of dormant power that Kaio-Ken does, they don't stack. With Cell doing a Super-Saiyany thing already, I would assume that he doesn't bother with Kaio-Ken because the other is more efficient.
Thats an in universe explanation. I'm talking about an out of universe explanation. But let's pretend he could. Do you think he could defeat Boo? With 7 years of training and a Kaio-Kenx20.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:13 pm

h0kuten wrote: Thats an in universe explanation. I'm talking about an out of universe explanation. But let's pretend he could. Do you think he could defeat Boo? With 7 years of training and a Kaio-Kenx20.
With seven years of training, I think he could beat Buu without Kaio-Ken, if Freeza's training gains are any indication. The guy has a pure Saiyan's drive to improve, and the accumulated skills of all of the relevant fighters, and a much higher baseline power, so I can see him getting much stronger through 7 years of training than Goku or Vegeta did.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
h0kuten wrote:

Where does it say that the Kaioken draws dormant power? Could you please guide me to a source. I always assumed it was like a super rush of adrenaline, that's why it damaged the body.

If Cell trained(disregarding the Freeza potential), I think he would be able to beat Majin Boo and maybe Pure Boo. But would lose to the other stronger forms. With Kaioken, he defeats everyone bar Vegetto.

Sayo-chan
Regular

Post by Sayo-chan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:31 pm

If Freeza can be on par with God Goku in four months, Cell can do it two. Now, as for Kaio-ken, I don't see him as having a reason to use it. He's pretty much equal to Gohan. He's confident in himself. I would imagine he'd have the ability to use it, perfected, like he did with everyone else's abilities that had room for improvement.
Most Dragon Ball fans are incapable of making a logically sound argument.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:25 pm

Wouldn't made a difference if Cell had the Kaioken. And once again, I must question why so many people hype up Cell becoming unbelievably strong through training. Yes, Cell has the DNA of the like of Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, Piccolo etc; but it doesn't automatically grant Cell access to all of their potential. I mean, hell, if GT is any indication, Cell's potential is not that high.

iop890
Not-So-Newbie

Post by iop890 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:57 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: I mean, hell, if GT is any indication, Cell's potential is not that high.
If GT is any indication, Freeza's potential is even lower.

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:59 pm

iop890 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I mean, hell, if GT is any indication, Cell's potential is not that high.
The material that builds on the manga says differently. Hence why GT is not canon. So basically, 'Frieza's potential is high'.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:00 pm

iop890 wrote:
Or it is different, and it actually indicates how strong Goku is :D
h0kuten wrote:
iop890 wrote:
The material that builds on the manga says differently. Hence why GT is not canon. So basically, 'Freeza's potential is high'.
We should really forget this word at this point. After Super and all. And neither contradictions, nor inconsistencies don't make something not-canon. Author's words do. Or words of the person/people who own the brand.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:02 pm

Mystic Tien wrote:
iop890 wrote:
Or it is different, and it actually indicates how strong Goku is :D
In GT Goku doesn't have to work to achieve anything he did. Meanwhile in the new material, Goku is at work. GT is shit.

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:05 pm

h0kuten wrote: In GT Goku doesn't have to work to achieve anything he did. Meanwhile in the new material, Goku is at work. GT is shit.
Em... Isn't it the other way around? In BoG Goku receives a great power up... for nothing. And in GT Goku trains to become stronger, achieve SSJ4 and overcome his limits? And again, how this kind of a minor thing may make something being shit? This also means that Red Ribbon Army saga is shit, and so is Buu arc, with Gohan getting power-up from nowhere. Heck, even in Frieza saga both Gohan and Krillin got their potential unlocked.
Last edited by Mystic Tien on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:06 pm

h0kuten wrote:
iop890 wrote:
The material that builds on the manga says differently. Hence why GT is not canon. So basically, 'Freeza's potential is high'.
GT is canon. Anime canon. And GT didn't nerf cell. he was in hell and couldn't train. That's like saying gohan is better then vegeta because he didn't train in hell while Gohan trained with the Z sword.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:08 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
GT is canon. Anime canon. And GT didn't nerf cell. he was in hell and couldn't train. That's like saying gohan is better then vegeta because he didn't train in hell while Gohan trained with the Z sword.
Well, we should forget the word "canon" at this point, but yes, GT is certainly a part of anime, as everything says so, and nothing indicates otherwise. People's personal preferences really shouldn't indicate what is canon, and what is not, unless they decide it solely for themselves.
Marco Polo wrote:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:15 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:GT is canon. Anime canon. And GT didn't nerf cell. he was in hell and couldn't train. That's like saying gohan is better then vegeta because he didn't train in hell while Gohan trained with the Z sword.
Yes, Cell could train in hell. According to GT and the Z anime filler, you keep your body in hell. And judging from what Cell said when he and Freeza was about to take on Goku in hell, they both trained. And Base Goku still treated the both of them like they were nothing. Meaning Cell hit a wall pretty damn fast.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:19 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:GT is canon. Anime canon. And GT didn't nerf cell. he was in hell and couldn't train. That's like saying gohan is better then vegeta because he didn't train in hell while Gohan trained with the Z sword.
Yes, Cell could train in hell. According to GT and the Z anime filler, you keep your body in hell. And judging from what Cell said when he and Freeza was about to take on Goku in hell, they both trained. And Base Goku still treated the both of them like they were nothing. Meaning Cell hit a wall pretty damn fast.
They trained a new technique,but I don't see the people in hell capable of getting stronger.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:20 pm

Cell told Goku he powered up when Goku confronted him in Hell.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:23 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
They trained a new technique,but I don't see the people in hell capable of getting stronger.
Well, they were obliviously quite confident about taking on Goku, which indicates they got stronger in some degree.