Was SSJ4 Gogeta actually a Super Saiyan God?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Was SSJ4 Gogeta actually a Super Saiyan God?

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:31 pm

You guys are really pessimistic. OBVIOUSLY he wasn't actually meant to be a SSJG when that concept didn't even exist. But it is funny how so many coincidences line up, most notably Goku receiving the energy from five pure hearted Saiyans, then fusing with Vegeta to recieve the last bit of energy. In theory he actually SHOULD have been a SSJG, which would account for him being so much more powerful than he should have been (Goku and Vegeta go from being fodder to Shenron to giving him the most firm stomping in the series? Maybe Potara, but fusion dance isn't that strong, Gotenks only gained so much strength because his fusion gave him a new form. Gogeta on the other hand was just Goku + Vegeta, at best he should have been on par with Shenron)

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:07 pm

As far as we know to become a SSJG you need to follow a specific ritual, and not gain the components required gradually. If that were the case Goku would've only needed to have foetus Pan give him energy after he received energy from the other Saiyans, but as we saw there was something very special about 6 Saiyans giving him that energy at once.
On the other hand SSJ4 Gogeta was just a powerful fusion. Several of ten times stronger than the individual SSJ4's, I'm sure I remember that quote from somewhere, but when comparing that to Vegetto it's not massively impressive, as it can be argued Vegetto is thousands of times stronger than either Goku or Vegeta whilst in the same form. If Gogeta became a SSJG it would dwarf what I believe he's been stated to be at.

Kuzregoist

Post by Kuzregoist » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:06 am

If i'm correct in gt 6 of goku's peeps donated energy to him and then he fused with vegeta so maybe he has a similar form but not the same form :crazy:

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:16 pm

Thanos wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:49 am
Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:Beat a God? Yes, he's stronger than Whis.
...I honestly really doubt that. Hell, who knows how he'd even fair against God Goku.
How would that be possible when base Broly > God Goku
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:48 pm

Nope. It's just a design choice inspired by the fur colourations.

He is damn powerful though. Probably leagues ahead of Super Saiyan God if you threw him in the Super universe.