DB Characters Can Bust *insert celestial object here*!

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyLSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Re: DB Characters Can Bust *insert celestial object here*!

Post by BrolyLSSJ » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:31 pm

Here is a good thread Bust (With Examples)
Dragon Ball Multiverse (Not the comics)<Where to find me!
"GROWING STRONGER! YES...STRONGER!-Broly

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:45 pm

BrolyLSSJ wrote:Because power scaling logic......and plus that's the only way hardcore fans can even argue they can par with entities from other series but if you ask for a feat the hardcore fanboys wont pos them so they retain the concept of Power scaling and calculations to post and make assumptions/speculations which are in their favor.

Me personally I dont think goku is a planet buster like most others we get bashed upon because we like feats and official statements than Speculations,Assumptions,Power scaling, and fan calculations is that wrong? No just means we aren't over powering a character who hasn't gotten the power to do what another has.....[

My sides :lol:

So can king piccolo could beat Vegito since Vegito never destroyed a city?Can Freeza beat Whis since Whis has shown no destructive capabilities?

See when you make statements like these you come across looking rather silly.

Yes Goku has never destroyed a planet,moon,island,city or anything really but that's what power scaling is for it exists in fiction and in real life as well.

Saying Goku isn't a planet buster because he's never done it although he's flat out more powerful than people who can casually destroy planets is just flat out erroneous

I also guess BOZ piccolo could beat SSJG Goku since he destroyed the moon :lol:

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:08 pm

Cetra wrote:Peter Venkman = Ghost Buster
lmao brilliant :lol: :lol: :clap: 8)

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:13 pm

BrolyLSSJ wrote:Because power scaling logic......and plus that's the only way hardcore fans can even argue they can par with entities from other series but if you ask for a feat the hardcore fanboys wont pos them so they retain the concept of Power scaling and calculations to post and make assumptions/speculations which are in their favor.

Me personally I dont think goku is a planet buster like most others we get bashed upon because we like feats and official statements than Speculations,Assumptions,Power scaling, and fan calculations is that wrong? No just means we aren't over powering a character who hasn't gotten the power to do what another has.....
No offence pal but that's absolutely ridiculous to think goku can't blow up planet considering he has gone toe to toe with beings that can that's like me saying The one above all in marvel isn't omnipotent because he never shown anything on that level but everybody knows he's can.Hell rune king thor never blew up galaxy but he's stronger than odin you know a guy who has feats of doing it on that level power scaling exist for a reason..

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:36 pm

Hmm, if Beerus can destroy a Universe that put's him around Galactus level. He is definitely, definitely, infinitely more powerful than Odin in the Destroyer Armour, even if he had the Uni-Mind + Asgard AMP & The Odin-Sword.

a lot of characters in Dragonball are planet busters or star busters, or even beyond, solar busters. This type of power puts Saiyan Saga Vegeta at around Thor level. Frieza could be nearing Odin Force Thor.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:47 pm

h0kuten wrote:Hmm, if Beerus can destroy a Universe that put's him around Galactus level. He is definitely, definitely, infinitely more powerful than Odin in the Destroyer Armour, even if he had the Uni-Mind + Asgard AMP & The Odin-Sword.

a lot of characters in Dragonball are planet busters or star busters, or even beyond, solar busters. This type of power puts Saiyan Saga Vegeta at around Thor level. Freeza could be nearing Odin Force Thor.
Yeah...no :lolno: thor going by his consistent high end feats would beat that version of vegeta like he owed him money hell odin force thor would slaughter freeza you'll need golden freeza to give that version thor a decent fight at all :lol: and beerus is sure as hell ain't galactus level as much as i want it to happen let's see how super progress before putting him at that level all he has for that are statements for universal level he need feats to back it up at least.

Also odin would skin beerus alive :lol:

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:54 pm

pacz360 wrote:
h0kuten wrote:Hmm, if Beerus can destroy a Universe that put's him around Galactus level. He is definitely, definitely, infinitely more powerful than Odin in the Destroyer Armour, even if he had the Uni-Mind + Asgard AMP & The Odin-Sword.

a lot of characters in Dragonball are planet busters or star busters, or even beyond, solar busters. This type of power puts Saiyan Saga Vegeta at around Thor level. Freeza could be nearing Odin Force Thor.
Yeah...no :lolno: thor going by his consistent high end feats would beat that version of vegeta like he owed him money hell odin force thor would slaughter freeza you'll need golden freeza to give that version thor a decent fight at all :lol: and beerus is sure as hell ain't galactus level as much as i want it to happen let's see how super progress before putting him at that level all he has for that are statements for universal level he need feats to back it up at least.
Thor is only a planetary threat. So is Vegeta. I fail to see the difference here.

Odin Force Thor is capable of surviving attacks that would kill a normal Thor. So he could tank Vegeta (Saiyan Saga) -or planetary, level fighters, without dying. However, even Odin Force Thor probably only makes it up to Ginyu before finding a match.

Beerus is already started as a Universe buster. Odin is a casual, galaxy buster, and is capable of fighting Galactus (Well fed) a decent fight. Odin in the Destroyer and all those amps has to be nearing Galactus' level of power. However, even Galactus is a Universe level threat at best. Not a Universe buster, whom Beerus was quoted to be.

Beerus vs Old King Thor w/ The Necro-Sword

Should be a good fight. One is stated around Galactus' level, while the other already beat Galactus.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:22 pm

h0kuten wrote:
pacz360 wrote:

Thor is only a planetary threat. So is Vegeta. I fail to see the difference here.

Odin Force Thor is capable of surviving attacks that would kill a normal Thor. So he could tank Vegeta (Saiyan Saga) -or planetary, level fighters, without dying. However, even Odin Force Thor probably only makes it up to Ginyu before finding a match.

Beerus is already started as a Universe buster. Odin is a casual, galaxy buster, and is capable of fighting Galactus (Well fed) a decent fight. Odin in the Destroyer and all those amps has to be nearing Galactus' level of power. However, even Galactus is a Universe level threat at best. Not a Universe buster, whom Beerus was quoted to be.

Beerus vs Old King Thor w/ The Necro-Sword

Should be a good fight. One is stated around Galactus' level, while the other already beat Galactus.
Your severely underastimating Thor if you think he only a planetary threat and as Odin force Thor he stops at the ginyu which is wrong Thor when written at his best or at least consistent has gone toe to toe with surfer,sentry,beta ray bill etc guys who have shown to destroy planets,stars and such and even has god blast which help go against beings above his weight class again as much as beerus being universal would make me crack a smile he simply needs to show something on that level plus statements are nice and all but he needs some feats that put him near that level at the very least for people to believe it ya know.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:43 pm

Personally I think this kind of speculation is silly. If the plot requires destroying something, whether it be a moon, planet, solar system, galaxy, universe, or what-have-you, it will get destroyed. Conversely, if the plot requires something not be destroyed, they won't be able to destroy it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:06 am

Silver Surfer is not impessive in the least. Beta Ray Bill is simply a Thor clone. So neither is a great example. A sun level threat would probably be around Final Form Frieza level -still, not very impressive.

The strongest Heralds are laughably inferior to Thanos -he killed the Silver Surfer, whom was beaten by a Skyfather level fighter. Skyfathers are typically, Galaxy busters.

Silver Surfer could probably go until the Android Saga.
Thanos & Odin Force Thor would go until The Cell Games.
Odin in his Destroyer Armour + Surtur, wielding their swords (Odin-Sword & Twilight Sword), probably make it until the Boo Saga.
Rune King Thor + Necro Thor + Galactus + Tyrant + In-Betweener, probably go until the Gods of Dragonball Z.

Anything like the high level Celestials or Cosmic Entities or beyond are still too powerful at this point.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:24 am

I like dbz as much as the next guy but you're just downplayin at this point

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:31 am

Saiyan007 wrote:I like dbz as much as the next guy but you're just downplayin at this point
Statements are true until contradicted.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:04 pm

Saiyan007 wrote:My sides :lol:
Mocking other forum members is not okay. There are other ways of criticizing someone's points.
h0kuten wrote:
Saiyan007 wrote:I like dbz as much as the next guy but you're just downplayin at this point
This here is not a conversation. Elaborate and explain what he's downplaying. Provide an actual rebuttal beyond your personal mantra regarding "statements."
-Rachel

h0kuten
Banned

Post by h0kuten » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:12 pm

TripleRach wrote:
Saiyan007 wrote:My sides :lol:
Mocking other forum members is not okay. There are other ways of criticizing someone's points.
h0kuten wrote:
This here is not a conversation. Elaborate and explain what he's downplaying. Provide an actual rebuttal beyond your personal mantra regarding "statements."
There doesn't have to be a conversation. It's story-telling fact.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:30 pm

h0kuten wrote:
TripleRach wrote:
h0kuten wrote: Statements are true until contradicted.
There doesn't have to be a conversation. It's story-telling fact.
Yes, there does have to be a conversation. This site and it's forums are here for DISCUSSION, not for you to throw down personal mantras and asinine rules that you think we have to follow. Think you're right? Fine, back up your words with actual points instead of throwing down stupid 'rules of story telling' that no one else buys but you, or telling people they're arguments are wrong cause you have these asinine rules, or flat out dismissing others opinions because you think you're right. Stop moving goal posts. The point of these forums is to DISCUSS AND DEBATE DRAGON BALL! Not constantly tell you that you're right and stroke your ego. Multiple mods have told you to back up your claims with actual points and partake in what the forums are here for but instead you decide to back talk and tell them that they're wrong and you're right. Fine, if you believe that then PROVE IT WITH ACTUAL POINTS! Otherwise people will just start to ignore you because you add NOTHING to the conversation and you'll just keep making a fool of yourself.

There, rant done. I apologize if this comes off as mini modding and I'll take a warning or whatever for it but I honestly think this needed to be said. Have a nice day!
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:39 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:The only thing that busts in Dragon Ball is some of the fandoms nuts when they wank over the strength of people like Beerus, Broly, Omega Shenron etc. Who seriously cares if "X character is a Y buster"? Why is the term "busting" some freakin embraced by some of the Dragon Ball fandom? What does "busting" even mean? Fans pay too much attention to what characters can destroy that they forget that there is story to be enjoyed. Dragon Ball doesn't run on numbers, it runs of adventure, comedy, action and characterization. And some fans don't seem to realize that.
I think some fans really want DB to stronger then it is normally. Some fans wast too much time on their hands on stuff like this because they want to go around and be like "Goku is stronger then Superman now!".
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:17 pm

h0kuten wrote:There doesn't have to be a conversation. It's story-telling fact.
Who established this? Who decreed it as a fact? No, you don't count. Show us an actual academic source or authority that establishes this as an irrefutable fact. Otherwise, nobody has any reason to take that excuse, or any post you make that relies on it, seriously at all.
Last edited by Zephyr on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:19 pm

When I started this little thread I was wondering what the possible reason was for certain fans to set down rules that DBZ characters had to be these sorts of astral busters and then I ironically get this particular response.

Rather than get a truly constructive post towards what I'm looking for I get yet another ridiculous "This guy is so strong that he busts universes! Duh!" argument with no intent to answer my question but just so another piss fest can be made as to why DB characters MUST be on par with powerful cosmic characters. It's like a particular someone read the title then skipped over everything I said and then decided that it's a thread dedicated to wanking DB character's strength.
I give up. :|
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:53 pm

theherodjl wrote:When I started this little thread I was wondering what the possible reason was for certain fans to set down rules that DBZ characters had to be these sorts of astral busters and then I ironically get this particular response.

Rather than get a truly constructive post towards what I'm looking for I get yet another ridiculous "This guy is so strong that he busts universes! Duh!" argument with no intent to answer my question but just so another piss fest can be made as to why DB characters MUST be on par with powerful cosmic characters. It's like a particular someone read the title then skipped over everything I said and then decided that it's a thread dedicated to wanking DB character's strength.
I give up. :|
No one but one guys wanking dbz characters in here if you want you could on the obd they seem to be reasonable on where dragon ball is in terms of power besides that it happens with every series really when ever a character did something that seems op in their show people are going to think that hot shit in reality it isn't.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:23 pm

I still don't buy that Vegeta was going to blow up the Earth completely. He was likely going to destroy Goku and the Earth's core so that he can escape. If he blows up the Earth then he dies in space since he has no way on getting back to Freeza's HQ. His pod would be gone, he still wants to go to Namek to get the Dragon Balls in order to become immortal and kill Freeza. He's not idiot and won't kill himself just to beat Goku at the time.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/