Supreme Kai's strength

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Supreme Kai's strength

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:33 pm

how strong is he?
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Supreme Kai's strength

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:53 pm

Slightly weaker than Dabura and beginning of Buu saga SSJ2 Gohan.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:43 pm

About as strong as an ant, if an ant was this big.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:12 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:About as strong as an ant, if an ant was this big.
Then he's no match for my finger poke of doom then!

Kaioshin's strength falls between Piccolo's and Gohan's. That's as definitive as it gets.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:33 pm

Yes, he is true Super Sand Lesbian.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:41 pm

I see Kioashin's strength being in low SSJ2 tier given that he was able to survive a beating from Majin Buu (pre-spilt).

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:50 pm

I would not put him SSJ2 tier. He was shitting bricks when he saw Dabura... and Yakon... and Pui Pui...
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:57 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I would not put him SSJ2 tier. He was shitting bricks when he saw Dabura... and Yakon... and Pui Pui...
Yet, he survived Majin Buu laying the smackdown on his candy ass.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:11 pm

He was also able to paralyze Gohan with his telekinesis.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:36 pm

• He was said to be the weakest of the 5 Kaioshin.
  • He said that he was strong enough to kill Freeza with a single blow.
  • Piccolo said that Kaioshin is much stronger than him.
  • After seeing SS2 Goku defeating Yakon, he was couldn't believe that he was surpassed by mortals.
  • He was weaker than Dabra, who was about as strong as Cell.
  • His paralizing abilities were powerful enough to hold SS2 Gohan (who was probably not at full power), but it was quite hard for him.
  • SS or SS2* Gohan's full power was far beyond his.
  • He couldn't pull the Z-Sword, but SS or SS2* Gohan could.
*SS or SS2: It's not clear if Gohan was a SS or a SS2 in these parts of the story. Personally, I believe he was a SS2, but please let's not bring this discussion here, just agree that we disagree.

Kaioshin is stronger than the Super Saiyans in Boo arc IMO, but he is far below the Super Saiyan 2s. He becomes even more powerful after merging with Kibito, who was weaker than base Gohan, but he couldn't provide any help against Gotenks Boo. He was also scared of Pure Boo, so I guess this would place him below SS3 Goku, but probably above the SS2s.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:19 pm

He could fight evenly with Dabura.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:38 am

On par with the Perfect Cell that fought Goku and Gohan.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:54 am

nickzambuto wrote:
Yes, he is true Super Sand Lesbian.
Well, he's at least weaker than Kaka Carmen Electra, the Super Pooper Scooper.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Post by xmysticgohanx » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:17 am

Weaker than Yakon which means weaker than base Goku
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:21 am

I don't think he was weaker than Yakon. He was just being overly cautious.

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:50 am

xmysticgohanx wrote:Weaker than Yakon which means weaker than base Goku
So, Kaioshin is weaker than base Goku... who is weaker than Freeza... who is weaker than Kaioshin...

Are you saying this is just a case of rock paper scissors?

Kamicciolo

Post by Kamicciolo » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:36 am

Being around Super Saiyan Goku/Gohan's level at the Cell Games seemed like a decent level to me (at least as a baseline), with maybe his magic/psychic powers being a little higher calibre just because of his status. Seems like a comfortable level for how relevant he was (lower than Cell/Dabura, but high enough that Buu didn't waste him with a single blow).

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:55 am

xmysticgohanx wrote:Weaker than Yakon which means weaker than base Goku
He wasn't weaker than Yakon.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:59 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote: so I guess this would place him below SS3 Goku, but probably above the SS2s.
If that was the case he would be more helpful than Vegeta against Kid Buu and, thus, had no reason to leave it to just them.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:20 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I don't think he was weaker than Yakon. He was just being overly cautious.
He has the right to be cautious because of Yakon's abilities. Just because your stronger than someone doesn't necessarily still mean you will win.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller