List of all of Yamchas victories?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MarCas92
Regular

List of all of Yamchas victories?

Post by MarCas92 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:59 am

Manga:
-Goku (debatable)
-Boss Rabbits henchmen (debatable)
-Chi Chi
-All of his opponents in the pre-lims of the 21st Budokai
-Invisible Man
-All of his opponents at the pre-lims of the 22nd Budokai
-All of his opponents at the pre-lims of the 23rd Budokai
-Saibaman (draw?)

Movies:
-DB Movie 1- Soldiers
-DB Movie 1- Raven (debatable)
-DB Movie 2- Shitsuji
-DB Movie 3 - All of his opponents until Bora at the Mifan tournament

Anime:
-Pilaf dogs
-A dojo full of students before the 21st Budokai
-Some thugs that break into Kami House during the Piccolo Daimao Arc
-Baseball players
-Recoome
-Olibo and some wierd Gorilla with wings

Am I missing any?
Last edited by MarCas92 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: List of all of Yamchas victories?

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:52 am

I guess if you want to include Oozaru Goku as a different victory from regular Goku. But how is his victory against the Rabbit Gang henchmen debatable?
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:13 am

He had a brief spar with Krillin during the androids arc of the anime where his kick slid across Krillin's slick bald head and sent him off balance and landing on his ass. Krillin didn't retaliate. Soo stalemate...?

And in the anime he beat gravity, if that counts.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:35 am

Manga[
N/A

Anime
-Recoome
-Olibu and Monkey-face
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:38 am

Blackstripe
Regular

Post by Blackstripe » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:43 am

I now want someone to photoshop the old "French Military Victories" google image to something appropriate to this thread.

MarCas92
Regular

Post by MarCas92 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:I guess if you want to include Oozaru Goku as a different victory from regular Goku. But how is his victory against the Rabbit Gang henchmen debatable?
Well, Yamcha sneaks up on them and knocks them out rather than actually fight. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure he could've won without needing to surprise them, but I can definitely see some people not calling it an actual fight. I mean if Solid Snake sneaks up on a distracted guard from behind and punches them out, would you say he "won a fight"? I mean, punches and kicks were thrown, but was it even a fight?
How do you get into the Ginyu Force? With a letter of RECOOMEndation!

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:04 pm

MarCas92 wrote:
Gaffer Tape wrote:I guess if you want to include Oozaru Goku as a different victory from regular Goku. But how is his victory against the Rabbit Gang henchmen debatable?
Well, Yamcha sneaks up on them and knocks them out rather than actually fight. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure he could've won without needing to surprise them, but I can definitely see some people not calling it an actual fight. I mean if Solid Snake sneaks up on a distracted guard from behind and punches them out, would you say he "won a fight"? I mean, punches and kicks were thrown, but was it even a fight?
How dare you compare Solid Snake to Yamcha.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:29 am

Its weird how much more powerful Yamcha was than regular humans even back in the first tournament in Dragonball. Watch all the pre-lim fights and Yamcha takes out every opponent as if they were nothing. And keep in mind this is BEFORE Yamcha started training with Master Roshi and he had just been a desert bandit. Its weird.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:18 am

This one is very debatable but everone who went into the desert while he was a bandit before goku, bulma and oolong.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:25 am

It's not debatable at all - he didn't beat Goku there, he ran away before the fight was concluded.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:23 am

Here's what comes to mind:

Yamcha/Puah Vs. Goku/Oolong - No Contest
Yamcha Vs. Goku - Loss
Yamcha Vs. Chichi - Win
Yamcha Vs. Boss Rabbit Men - Win
Yamcha Vs. Pilaf Dogs - Win
Yamcha/Puah Vs. Oozaru Goku - Win
Yamcha Vs. Dojo Thugs - Win
Yamcha Vs. Wolf-Guy - Win
Yamcha Vs. Jackie Chun - Loss
Yamcha Vs. The Invisible Man - Win
Yamcha Vs. The Mummy - Loss
Yamcha Vs. Mo-Hawk Guy - Win
Yamcha Vs. Tenshinhan - Loss
Yamcha/Lunch Vs. Criminals - Win
Yamcha Vs. Tambourine - No Contest
Yamcha Vs. Budokai Mook #1 - Win
Yamcha Vs. Budokai Mook #2 - Win
Yamcha Vs. Shen - Loss
Yamcha Vs. Baseballers - Win
Yamcha/Tenshinhan/Chaozu/Krilln Vs. Phantom Saiyans - Loss
Yamcha Vs. Saibaman - Draw
Yamcha/Tenshinhan/Chaozu Vs. Piccolo - No Contest
Yamcha Vs. Recoome - Win
Yamcha Vs. Vegeta in love - Loss
Yamcha Vs. Dr. Gero - Loss
Yamcha Vs. Kuririn - Win
Yamcha Vs. Cell Jr - Loss
Yamcha/Tenshinhan/Krillin/Piccolo Vs. Super Perfect Cell - Loss
Yamcha Vs. Super Buu - Loss
Yamcha Vs. Olibu/Gorilla - Win

I'd need to think about the movies for a second. But I think he beats someone in DB Movie 2 and 3 and jobs in the rest of them he appears in?
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:47 am

Kid Buu wrote:I'd need to think about the movies for a second. But I think he beats someone in DB Movie 2 and 3 and jobs in the rest of them he appears in?
I just double checked, and his battle record in all the Dragon Ball movies he appears in is not good either. He jobs to Bora in DB Movie 1, he defeats a mook in DB Movie 2, jobs to a mook in Movie 3 and then jobs to Galaxy Soldiers in Movie 8.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:29 pm

We could add Yamcha vs Freeza soldiers in ROF to the movies list, but Toriyama decided to screw him up.
Seriously, if they will bother retelling ROF in Super, this is something they need to fix. Let the guy kick some ass.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:54 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:We could add Yamcha vs Freeza soldiers in ROF to the movies list, but Toriyama decided to screw him up.
Seriously, if they will bother retelling ROF in Super, this is something they need to fix. Let the guy kick some ass.
For real. I never thought I'd live to see Yamcha get Chaozu'd. Seriously though, I know AK can use any character he likes, but Roshi showing up didn't make a lick of sense and neither did Tien (of alll people) telling Yamcha to stay at home.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:28 am

Did Yamcha do any fighting in the Buu saga at all? The only thing I can remember is Olibu and throwing an energy beam at a dinosaur or something.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:33 pm

He was Bulma's boyfriend for a period of time. That's a win.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:33 pm

Sandubadear wrote:He was Bulma's boyfriend for a period of time. That's a win.
His biggest win!!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:13 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
His biggest win!!
With how Bulma acted in Dragon Ball, not really.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:23 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
His biggest win!!
With how Bulma acted in Dragon Ball, not really.
Well at least he got a place to live out of it.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸