SSG is a multiplier, not a huge boost

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bacon Skittles
Beyond Newbie

SSG is a multiplier, not a huge boost

Post by Bacon Skittles » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:02 pm

<deleted>
Last edited by Bacon Skittles on Sun May 23, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: SSG is a multiplier, not a huge boost

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:26 pm

The gap between SSJ3 Goku (as well as Gotenks and Ultimate Gohan) and Beerus was so incredibly large, whatever multiplier SSJG gives must be tremendous.

SSJG Raditz would, at the very least, be the same level as SSJ Goku during the Namek saga. The real questions are how long would he be able to maintain that form and whether he has the talent to absorb it.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:28 pm

I don't believe it's a multiplier, it's too ridiculously huge to be one.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:34 pm

Bacon Skittles wrote:So if Saiyan Saga Raditz were to become a SSG I doubt he could even defeat Freeza.
He actually would be able to beat him since a SSJG power is capable of destroying an entire universe.

Meaning it adds a huge multiplier to someone's destructive capacity

Freeza at best could destroy planets,Raditz at the very least could casually destroy a moon.

Giving Raditz the same SSJG power up that Goku got his destructive capacity would be near Universe levels which is many magnitudes higher then a planet destroyer.

The SSJG boost is in a completely other league than any other form in the franchise

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:51 pm

Toriyama did say that Super Saiyan God's strength depends on that of the Saiyan becoming one, but that doesn't mean it's a "multiplier." It could be something cumulative where stronger Saiyans got a more massive increase. It could depend partially on the 5 other Saiyans contributing to the ritual, too.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:54 pm

The power of the person who becomes SSJG is completely dependent on the strength of the Saiyans who pool their energy together. Case in point where the Original Super Saiyan God wasn't strong enough to even defeat a bunch of Oozaru's.

oreos-splash
Not-So-Newbie

Post by oreos-splash » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:47 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:The power of the person who becomes SSJG is completely dependent on the strength of the Saiyans who pool their energy together. Case in point where the Original Super Saiyan God wasn't strong enough to even defeat a bunch of Oozaru's.

This, and I'm starting to believe ssg doesn't multiply your original power, but so much as allows you to use godly ki depending on how powerful your own body is to take it.

Such as if kid Trunks became ssg, he would be immensely powerful, but not as strong as Goku because it's be too much for his body. Super even hints it when Goku explains he keeps getting stronger when fighting Beerus because his body is rapidly adapting to it.

The way I see it, godly ki is a limitless source of power, barred only by how much power a vessel(body) can absorb and manipulate.
those who do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it~ Edmund Burke (at least that's what Google says)

Bacon Skittles
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bacon Skittles » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:26 pm

Shouldn't Vegeta then be significantly stronger than Goku since Goku, already a SSG, was in the ritual to turn Vegeta into one?

oreos-splash
Not-So-Newbie

Post by oreos-splash » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:34 pm

Bacon Skittles wrote:Shouldn't Vegeta then be significantly stronger than Goku since Goku, already a SSG, was in the ritual to turn Vegeta into one?

Makes sense here
those who do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it~ Edmund Burke (at least that's what Google says)

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:50 pm

Bacon Skittles wrote:Shouldn't Vegeta then be significantly stronger than Goku since Goku, already a SSG, was in the ritual to turn Vegeta into one?
According to what Toriyama said in the Battle of Gods animanga, the strength of the Super Saiya-jin God depends on the one undergoing the ritual, and doesn't take into account the strength of those participating in the ritual with the focus.