Vados question.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Vados question.

Post by ssjjanemba » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:03 pm

If you're not reading the DBS chapters, then stop reading since there is spoilers.

Anyways after reading chapter 5, has it been confirmed that the strongest character in Dragon Ball is Vados? Because that would make Vados the first female character to be the strongest in Dragon Ball :D pretty cool.
Hi

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Vados question.

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Um... #18? I mean, it may not have lasted long but she was at one stage, she was the strongest character in the DB Universe. Along with her brother, but she was at the top of the pile, regardless. :)

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:42 pm

Anyways after reading chapter 5, has it been confirmed that the strongest character in Dragon Ball is Vados?
Either her or Whis, yeah. She was apparently stronger than him 1000 years ago, but Whis seems to think it's possible that he's caught up to her since then, so who actually is the strongest currently isn't known for sure.

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Um... #18? I mean, it may not have lasted long but she was at one stage, she was the strongest character in the DB Universe. Along with her brother, but she was at the top of the pile, regardless. :)
I totally forgot about 18.
Hi

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:48 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Um... #18? I mean, it may not have lasted long but she was at one stage, she was the strongest character in the DB Universe. Along with her brother, but she was at the top of the pile, regardless. :)
#16 was much stronger than both #17 and #18, and they were all introduced at the same time.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
#16 was much stronger than both #17 and #18, and they were all introduced at the same time.
But that wasn't revealed until Imperfect Cell arrived during #17 and Piccolo's battle. For all we knew at that time, #18 was the strongest character in the DB universe, along with #17.

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:42 am

I just wonder how tall she is and if she wears those heels when fighting or training.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:46 am

Huh.

That is pretty cool.

And not just strongest at the time, but immediately presented as the strongest (or at least top tier) across multiple universes.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:35 am

Cipher wrote:And not just strongest at the time, but immediately presented as the strongest (or at least top tier) across multiple universes.
We don't know that. We have no idea how strong are the people of the 6th Universe, not to mention the rest of the Universes. There could be dozens of guys stronger than Vados & Whis in U6 alone.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:49 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Sandubadear wrote:
But that wasn't revealed until Imperfect Cell arrived during #17 and Piccolo's battle. For all we knew at that time, #18 was the strongest character in the DB universe, along with #17.
#17 was actually stated multiple times to be stronger than #18. So, technically, she was never the strongest.

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:45 pm

Valdos is not the strongest Whis clearly denied her being stronger than him.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:06 pm

We don't know about the other 12 worlds, so I doubt she is the storngest.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:12 pm

Perfectionist-Cell wrote:Valdos is not the strongest Whis clearly denied her being stronger than him.
That's not quite true. All we know for certain is that a thousand years ago, Whis was weaker than her, but given that he's been training in that thousand years, there's room for that to be different now. It's not that he definitively is above her now, as much as it is that, because he's trained, the difference between them might (emphasis on might) not be the way it used to be.

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:11 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:We don't know about the other 12 worlds, so I doubt she is the storngest.
I know, but at the moment she should be the strongest.
Hi

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:44 pm

For the time being i put Whis and Vados as equal.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.