Stupidest action by a character?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Stupidest action by a character?

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:34 am

n the entire universe, anime and manga and films...what was the WORST decision done by a character? Honestly I can see everyone picking GOku for his actions in the buu saga or Vegeta for transformation passes......but can anything top Goku telling Frieza that he'll let him leave the earth in ROF? I mean another 4 months would make WHIS look like Yamcha.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Re: Stupidest action by a character?

Post by ssjjanemba » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:37 pm

Goku giving Cell a senzu bean comes to mind.
Hi

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:02 pm

Oh, God. Practically anything from the Android/Cell arc could count.

But if I had to choose one, it would be Garlic Jr. getting himself trapped in the Dead Zone forever in the Garlic Jr. arc. Seriously, what kind of dipshit would reveal the source for how he would escape the Dead Zone in the first place and not expect them to destroy it?

What a colossal fucking idiot.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:14 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Oh, God. Practically anything from the Android/Cell arc could count.

But if I had to choose one, it would be Garlic Jr. getting himself trapped in the Dead Zone forever in the Garlic Jr. arc. Seriously, what kind of dipshit would reveal the source for how he would escape the Dead Zone in the first place and not expect them to destroy it?

What a colossal fucking idiot.
Revealing the Makyo Star wasn't as dumb as opening the dead zone again. Dumbest move y a villain but not as dumb as Goku trying to spare Fireza again in ROF.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:14 pm

Gokuu forgetting that Sorbet did 0 damage to him.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:21 pm

Cetra wrote:Gokuu forgetting that Sorbet did 0 damage to him.
That's more like real world stupidity by toriyama

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:41 pm

Goten forgetting that he can fly.

No, seriously. Movie 11. Goten and Trunks are trying to look through a window but are too short, so Trunks stands on Goten's shoulders. Goten complains that he wants a turn. Yes, this is after he learned how to fly.

Really?
Last edited by Polyphase Avatron on Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:49 pm

Vegeta shaving his mustache in GT.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:58 pm

Uub flying off with a stranger.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:12 pm

Goku not going SSJ3 and stopping Vegeta's goddamn foolishness? Close second is not destroying Fat Buu when he had the chance.

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:19 am

Goku struggling with 40 tons

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:03 am

Perfectionist-Cell wrote:Goku struggling with 40 tons
That's more like a plot hole.

Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avery » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:00 am

nickzambuto wrote:Vegeta shaving his mustache in GT.
Hey! Vegeta shaving his mustache was so smart it completely blew everything he did in the Freeza arc out of the water.
Unfortunately, growing a mustache in the first place was so dumb it completely blew everything he did in the Cell arc out of the water.
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:17 am

Goku deciding to drop his power to pretty much zero when he's in front of Golden Freeza.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:17 am

Doctor. wrote:Goku deciding to drop his power to pretty much zero when he's in front of Golden Freeza.
He was still a SSJB. The entire scene makes no sense.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:26 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:He was still a SSJB. The entire scene makes no sense.
It makes sense within the film's narrative (Goku gets sucker punched earlier for doing the same thing). Also, we have that anime-only scene of Krillin throwing a rock at Goku and it hurting even while SSJ.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:38 am

ssjjanemba wrote:Goku giving Cell a senzu bean comes to mind.
Personally I always thought that was a calculated risk that made sense. Maybe he knew Gohan wouldn't go all out unless pushed and if he didn't then a weakened Cell would beat him. But a fresh over confident Cell wouldn't go for the kill and would give him the push he needed (though it took a lot more than thought). Then again maybe I'm just giving Goku to much credit.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:40 am

LuckyCat wrote:
It makes sense within the film's narrative (Goku gets sucker punched earlier for doing the same thing). Also, we have that anime-only scene of Krillin throwing a rock at Goku and it hurting even while SSJ.
There's also Butta and Jheese thinking Goku had defeated Recoome, because the later dropped his guard. So they believed a 5.000 warrior was able to one-shot another with 40.000 or more.

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:08 pm

Krillin destroying a controller to destroy #18 over one little kiss when he's a grown man at 29. It works out alright in the end, but in the moment it was dumb as hell. I don't really think Goku giving Cell the Senzu is as dumb since Cell at full strength was more likely to coax the anger out of Gohan by making him mad.

Trunks realizing that his speed wasn't affected by his bulging muscles is also quite stupid if you ask me, you'd think he'd be able to realize that considering he spent the full year n the RoSaT. Cell doing the same and giving into rage was stupid too since he berated Trunks for the same mistake. Also, Freeza attacking Goku from behind when he was sawed in half was dumb too, he should've known that wouldn't work.
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

Blackstripe
Regular

Post by Blackstripe » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:30 pm

LightBing wrote:
LuckyCat wrote:
There's also Butta and Jheese thinking Goku had defeated Recoome, because the later dropped his guard. So they believed a 5.000 warrior was able to one-shot another with 40.000 or more.
Yeah, apparently there have been subtle hints throughout the series that you can be hurt by much weaker opponents if you let the ki drain from your body.