Are Goku and Vegeta really the strongest in U7?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

Are Goku and Vegeta really the strongest in U7?

Post by Xeztin » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:01 pm

Are Goku and Vegeta, (not counting Whis and Beerus) really the strongest in U7? If so does that mean we will not have any more Earth threats in U7, unless an old foe is brought back to life via the Dragon Balls ? I think Toriyama wrote himself into a corner on purpose with this, as he had the whole 12 universes thing planned. I can understand Whis/Beerus being the strongest in U7, but I really don't think Goku should have come close to even putting a scratch on Beerus, let alone being acknowledged as the strongest in U7 that Beerus has faced. If that's the case unless Goku and Vegeta are gone, Earth will never be in danger again, and unless a being is "Built" or recently born with a huge amount of power, (or laying dormant, like Buu) then no one in U7 will ever be a threat to Goku. The only way it could be is if a person uses the Dragon Ball's and wishes to be stronger than Goku, or the Strongest in the universe. Aside from that it seems as if Toriyama felt there's no where left to go after Buu in U7, which is why he came up with the 12 universes and the God's of Destruction. I believe Beerus said they are stronger opponents than even them in the BOG movie, but it was also mentioned that he was the strongest of the God's of Destruction. I can understand normal people being stronger in other Universes, but let's say we explore all 12. Where do we go from there? I realize Toriyama can come up with anything if it came to the point, where more content was wanted after exploring them all, just like he did with the whole God of Destruction thing to being with. Though would it really make sense at this point? If Goku and Vegeta spend as much time in U6 as they did U7 then it's safe to say we won't ever visit all 12. I think we can mark up U7 as being "Completed" at this point if Goku and Vegeta are the strongest. What if DB get's a spin-off following new characters? if there are only 12 Universes, and we explored them all, even if we had stronger villains, and new races, wouldn't visiting the same place's get annoying? though I understand that there are millions of planets in each Universe, and not all of them can be explored, so it'd have it's own freshness I suppose, though being in the same Universe it would probably feel like been there done that. I think other Universes are perfect for a DB spin-off to be honest, new races, and new adventures after Goku's and friend's are over. IF they somehow explore all 12 in Goku's time though, and they wanted to do a Spin-off would they simply say there is a MEGAverse that hold's 12 universes, and there are 12 Megaverses or something along the lines of that?

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Re: Are Goku and Vegeta really the strongest in U7?

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:38 pm

Beerus says Goku is the second strongest person he's ever fought, so yes, by the time of BoG. Golden Freeza was stronger than both in RoF though. That's why the next opponents are from U6.
but it was also mentioned that he was the strongest of the God's of Destruction
This is never said.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:21 pm

Sandubadear wrote:Beerus says Goku is the second strongest person he's ever fought, so yes, by the time of BoG. Golden Freeza was stronger than both in RoF though. That's why the next opponents are from U6.
but it was also mentioned that he was the strongest of the God's of Destruction
This is never said.
Ignore that line, must have been a mistranslation my mistake.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:24 pm

It's entirely possible for a stronger being than Whis to appear in Universe 7. I mean, first Vegeta was the "mightiest warrior in the universe (tm)," than Freeza, then Cell, then Gohan (literally called "strongest of warriors"), than Beerus for, like, 45 minutes, then Whis. It's no great stretch of the imagination to think that they'll pump out someone even stronger.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:14 pm

If needed any competent writer can find a way for a new villain to arise, it's called creativity. Freeza was literally the strongest in the universe with godly, incomprehensible power and the ultimate opponent, but that didn't last long.

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:56 am

I actually think we won't see characters stronger than Beers and Whis. If characters like that do appear, than it will be the gods of destruction or their attendants from the other universes.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:09 am

Proly ye,though technically,freeza is the strongest power level wise.

Currently(according to ROF movie)

Whis>Beerus>Freeza>Goku=Vegeta

Power level wise anyways.

And for what you r saying.heh,it would take years to explore many universes.Currently we will get bog rof and uni 6 sagas.

What will be in the future,whos knows.

Scarlet Spider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scarlet Spider » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:37 pm

It makes me wonder.

If there's stronger opponents out there that can even outclass SSJB, such as what Golden Freeza showed us, wwhat will Vegeta and Goku do? I know they would prefer to fight alone. Fusion is probably out of the question. Since they lack Potarra and Vegeta would refuse the dance. Will they use God Ki to access SSJB2? I know Troyiama says SSJ2 and SSJ3 are "flawed" extensions but honestly I feel that only SSJ3 is flawed.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:23 am

Scarlet Spider wrote:It makes me wonder.

If there's stronger opponents out there that can even outclass SSJB, such as what Golden Freeza showed us, wwhat will Vegeta and Goku do? I know they would prefer to fight alone. Fusion is probably out of the question. Since they lack Potarra and Vegeta would refuse the dance. Will they use God Ki to access SSJB2? I know Troyiama says SSJ2 and SSJ3 are "flawed" extensions but honestly I feel that only SSJ3 is flawed.
I'm guessing that since SSJ 2 and 3 were not separate forms, but only levels or extensions of the original SSJ form, then I don't think we will ever see a SSJB2. I hope whatever form he get's next is completely different like SSG or SSJ4 was. I Hope it's not just stronger blue haired versions of the original Super Saiyan line up.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:43 pm

I do think that moving to other universes for conflict is the series' acknowledgement that, even if there could be a few other fighters popping up in their tier of power (ex. Freeza, though he's also implied to be a remarkably special case), yeah, they're at the very tippy top of power in Universe 7. They were already getting there in the Boo arc, where Vegeta has the realization judging from Kaioshin's reactions that they're among the strongest mortal beings to ever exist. Beerus' power far exceeds that and is justified by his position, which requires he be an unstoppable force, even among gods -- now that Goku and Vegeta are in that realm, it's become much more difficult to justify others popping up in great numbers to match them.

Not impossible, of course -- but this is the first time we've had them acknowledged as the strongest in the universe with such a complete picture of said universe (a lot of that riding on the justification for Beerus' power and the extraordinary gap between him and previous opponents, including already-strongest-mortal-creature-level Boo).

On a storytelling level, there's still a lot of focus on their wanting to beat Beerus -- using him as a sort of goalpost, which is an interesting and unique dynamic for the series -- so I don't see any other Universe 7 threats popping up to eclipse him and Whis at this point. Freeza is an obstacle and helps show the result of some of their training; it makes sense for a second act, but you can only do that so many times.

EDIT --

Re: The question in the title of thread: It's quite literally Freeza at this point, outside of Beerus and Whis -- his full-power Golden form has a slight edge over Goku -- but since he's been killed again and Goku and Vegeta are likely to keep increasing in power, yeah.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:23 pm

Dont think Buu is a mortal,considering hes ageless i believe.

Buu may even be older than Beerus,who apparently seems to be hundreds of millions years old.

Bacon Skittles
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bacon Skittles » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:14 pm

Scarlet Spider wrote:It makes me wonder.

Kaikoen x 1 million?

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:04 am

buutenks wrote:Dont think Buu is a mortal,considering hes ageless i believe.

Buu may even be older than Beerus,who apparently seems to be hundreds of millions years old.
I should've picked a different term. I meant among non-gods/beings outside the afterlife -- in the "normal" universe, so to speak.

Which was to say that even in the Boo arc they were stroooooongly implied to be at the very top of power in their universe. The Kaioshin, although we don't get to see it much in the series, are still tremendously powerful -- vastly eclipsed only, at current, by Boo, Freeza, Beerus, Whis and the main cast. (And slightly by Dabra and Cell, but the confrontation with Cell is what the characters credit for kicking them up into god range in the first place.)

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:56 pm

If characters like Shisami exist, then perhaps there could be an unknown fighter out there that could take out a god without cheating (damn Sorbet)

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:02 am

Cipher wrote:the confrontation with Cell is what the characters credit for kicking them up into god range in the first place
Wouldn't the Piccolo Daimao arc technically have that honor? :P

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:17 pm

Its a matter of imagination. You could make Goku and Vegeta fight new opponents with special powers that allow the latter to be on par of the former.