Does this Guide say no one before Beers is FTL? [No]

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Does this Guide say no one before Beers is FTL? [No]

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:07 pm

Helios518 wrote:
irreality wrote:Yeah, that is how I explain it in my head. :D But they, like, *talk* for more than 5 minutes. :P Freeza and Goku aren't valley girls, I assume they talk like normal people.

A "brief" fight onscreen could have lasted 25 minutes, anyway: it might not all have been shown. I still think it is just a stylistic choice: they wanted Gotenks to not be an issue, so get the transformation over an done with.
I don't see why they can't talk very fast, there's been times while they talked while fighting.
If you have them moving faster than light, then yes. There is a huge problem with them conversing while fighting.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:10 pm

Helios518 wrote: I don't see why they can't talk very fast, there's been times while they talked while fighting.
Because they don't usually train their tongue and larynx muscles for superhuman speed? Or their language processing would not be accelerated?

The whole thing stretches plausibility. I just roll with it, but seriously, if that can be explained, people can explain away Tagoma fighting the gang for a few more minutes. (then again, I can't stand Gotenks so I'm quite glad he wasn't around longer).

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Helios518 wrote:
irreality wrote:Yeah, that is how I explain it in my head. :D But they, like, *talk* for more than 5 minutes. :P Freeza and Goku aren't valley girls, I assume they talk like normal people.

A "brief" fight onscreen could have lasted 25 minutes, anyway: it might not all have been shown. I still think it is just a stylistic choice: they wanted Gotenks to not be an issue, so get the transformation over an done with.
I don't see why they can't talk very fast, there's been times while they talked while fighting.
If you have them moving faster than light, then yes. There is a huge problem with them conversing while fighting.
That's not the only problem in fiction but at least it's a good one. Imagine fights lasting for 30 minutes on screen but it was either of no talking or them stopping every time while they talk.
irreality wrote:
Helios518 wrote: I don't see why they can't talk very fast, there's been times while they talked while fighting.
Because they don't usually train their tongue and larynx muscles for superhuman speed? Or their language processing would not be accelerated?

The whole thing stretches plausibility. I just roll with it, but seriously, if that can be explained, people can explain away Tagoma fighting the gang for a few more minutes. (then again, I can't stand Gotenks so I'm quite glad he wasn't around longer).
They don't usually train their tongues (at least we don't) but we've seen times where they do talk while fighting, so something is going on there.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:20 am

I just remebered something.Majin Buu was considered a threat to the whole Universe,if he aint ''faster than light'' or cant even bust a solar system,it will not make any sense since he would need a very very long time to destroy the whole unverse but Rou Kaioshin make it look like Buu will arrive in there place in no time.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:21 am

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:I just remebered something.Majin Buu was considered a threat to the whole Universe,if he aint ''faster than light'' or cant even bust a solar system,it will not make any sense since he would need a very very long time to destroy the whole unverse but Rou Kaioshin make it look like Buu will arrive in there place in no time.
Dont think in the manga buu was stated to be a threat to the universe.Buu destroyed several hundred planets,this was with the help of babidi's ship in a few years.So it would take a very very long time to destroy all the planets in one galaxy.

ofc in the anime kid buu or fat buu was shown to destroy a galaxy in a few years.So in anime's case,ye buu could destroy everything in a universe in the span of a couple of centuries.

So anime buu is solar system buster+

Manga going by cell's statement also solar system if he goes all out proly.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:23 pm

buutenks wrote:
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:I just remebered something.Majin Buu was considered a threat to the whole Universe,if he aint ''faster than light'' or cant even bust a solar system,it will not make any sense since he would need a very very long time to destroy the whole unverse but Rou Kaioshin make it look like Buu will arrive in there place in no time.
Dont think in the manga buu was stated to be a threat to the universe.Buu destroyed several hundred planets,this was with the help of babidi's ship in a few years.So it would take a very very long time to destroy all the planets in one galaxy.

ofc in the anime kid buu or fat buu was shown to destroy a galaxy in a few years.So in anime's case,ye buu could destroy everything in a universe in the span of a couple of centuries.

So anime buu is solar system buster+

Manga going by cell's statement also solar system if he goes all out proly.
Buu was a threat to the universe even in the manga.
Chapter: 509 (DBZ 315), P11.4-6
Context: as Goku prepares to fight Boo
Goku: “Alrii~~iight. I’d better go all out right from the start…! If we get done in, then the entire universe will go ‘poof’…”
Vegeta: “Let me see this ‘Super Saiyan 3’ thing with my own eyes…”
"In that case, the entire universe is done for. Majin Boo will surely come here, too."

[/quote]

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:20 pm

Helios518 wrote: Buu was a threat to the universe even in the manga.
Chapter: 509 (DBZ 315), P11.4-6
Context: as Goku prepares to fight Boo
Goku: “Alrii~~iight. I’d better go all out right from the start…! If we get done in, then the entire universe will go ‘poof’…”
Vegeta: “Let me see this ‘Super Saiyan 3’ thing with my own eyes…”
"In that case, the entire universe is done for. Majin Boo will surely come here, too."

haha,thats stupid ^^ Considering it took buu years to destroy 500-700 planets,i dont see how he could destroy the universe anytime soon.

I think thats the equivalent to humanity blowing up planet earth,they cant do it yet,but I'm sure they might some day lol ^^

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:22 pm

Of course the universe is in danger. Buu is immortal.

Unlike Freeza, who'd just die off before managing to kill everything, Buu won't stop until someone stops him. That's why Buu's a threat.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

MisterGuyMan
Beyond Newbie

Post by MisterGuyMan » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:10 pm

The Kaio Shin can create planets though. So for Buu to be threat to the universe, he has to be able to destroy planets faster than the Kaio Shin can recreate them. Another possibility is that Kid Buu now learned Kibito Kai's teleportation ability. When did Elder Kai say Buu was a threat to the universe? I'm guessing it was before Kid Buu learned to teleport otherwise he wouldn't say Buu will come here too.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:12 pm

MisterGuyMan wrote:The Kaio Shin can create planets though. So for Buu to be threat to the universe, he has to be able to destroy planets faster than the Kaio Shin can recreate them. Another possibility is that Kid Buu now learned Kibito Kai's teleportation ability. When did Elder Kai say Buu was a threat to the universe? I'm guessing it was before Kid Buu learned to teleport otherwise he wouldn't say Buu will come here too.
Or he could just kill the Kaioshin. Buu's got a pretty good track record of doing that.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:41 pm

buutenks wrote: haha,thats stupid ^^ Considering it took buu years to destroy 500-700 planets,i dont see how he could destroy the universe anytime soon.

I think thats the equivalent to humanity blowing up planet earth,they cant do it yet,but I'm sure they might some day lol ^^
The term is pretty vague to use for Buu's speed, we don't know if Buu was going full throttle with his destruction. His travel speed is still impressive especially if the gap between solar systems are anything like ours (nearest one to use is 4 light years away) and a DB character's combat speed is usually much faster than their travel speed.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:30 pm

MisterGuyMan wrote:The Kaio Shin can create planets though. So for Buu to be threat to the universe, he has to be able to destroy planets faster than the Kaio Shin can recreate them. Another possibility is that Kid Buu now learned Kibito Kai's teleportation ability. When did Elder Kai say Buu was a threat to the universe? I'm guessing it was before Kid Buu learned to teleport otherwise he wouldn't say Buu will come here too.
Rou Kaioshin stated that Buu will arrive in there realm soon when he's about to give Goku the potara.