Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2098
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:04 am

The Super Dragon Balls were formed in Year 41. Of the Divine Calendar. NOT the Age calendar the series had been using up to this point.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 7909385216

Now i have my own theory. and i really really want that to be the case. My theory is that the Divine Calendar really is a lot easier then everyone of us will think. As opposed to that horrible "Age" calendar.

So when they say Year 41. It really is Year 41. (As in the first 41 years in existence) let's say the Universe/Time itself began on Year 0. (Start of the calendar) And everything was created around that time. Then 41 years later Zarama created them. And thus are now almost 14 Billion years in existence!

I really Really hope i am right! xD
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7766
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:42 pm

That's the same thought I had, when I read it was the Divine Calendar, rather than the Earth one.
I too think that'll be the case.

User avatar
Speedster
Regular
Posts: 522
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:15 pm
Location: Planet Earth

Re: Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by Speedster » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:02 am

Toriyama has mentioned in interviews the phrase "time immemorial" a few times like for example when he said that Buu 'existed since time immemorial'. Now this phrase literally means 'beyond the reach of memory' but depending on the context can be perceived as 'without an origin' or 'since forever' or 'always existed''. Also though probably hard for the human mind to conceive the universe is not a three dimentional being with a time origin. Instead it is a four dimensional being that has always existed. What we perceive as the "creation of the universe" is just a "reshaping of zero" - remember the total energy of the universe is in all likehood zero. In other words the universe used to be nothing (zero) but "once upon time" (either due to 'divine intervention' or randomly/naturally) it became a system of positive and negative energy entities totalling to zero. The negative energy comes in the form of gravity (gravitational energy) and the positive energy accounts for anything we see as matter (or energy in its various forms other than gravitational).

User avatar
apex_pretador
I Live Here
Posts: 2074
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:17 pm

Re: Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:16 am

When I heard AGE 41 line, I thought it meant 41 years after the formation of U6 & U7.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2098
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:40 am

Well since our universe is nearly 14 Billion years in existence. (13.8 to be exact) and the Dragon Ball Universe i believe was said to be based on ours. One can assume the dragon ball universe/multiverse has likewise been around for nearly 14 billion years. (For the sake of convinience) and if Akira Toriyama mentions the Phrase "Time Immemorial" one can also assume it means "the beginning of time"..
Now previously the Highest given number given by basically any official dragon ball media is 100 million years.. (this was in reference to snakeway and the north kaio's planet) which that Ogre working for King Yemma said: "King Yemma is the only person who managed to cross this road in the last 100 million years.."

That was previously the highest given number in any dragon ball related media..
However that wasn't until Dragon Ball Super where Beerus came around and decided to throw things up a notch!
Lord Beerus: "I've lived for hundreds of millions of years."
So there you have it Lord Beerus is AT LEAST over 200 million years old. And probably below 1 Billion.(otherwise he wouldn't have said hundreds of millions) so he's anywhere between 200 million and 1 billion.
Whis may even be older then him. (If we take Mr. Popo for example)

So my top 7 oldest characters is as follow.
1. Kid Buu/Zarama ofcourse.
2. Vados. (Older sister of Whis)
3. Whis(assuming he's older than Beerus)
4. Lord Beerus/Champa. (Hundreds of millions of years)
5. Old Kai/Bibidi
6. Babidi. (Existed for "tens" of millions of years)
7. Kaioshin/Kibito.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
Low Tone G
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1708
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:34 am

Re: Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:26 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Well since our universe is nearly 14 Billion years in existence. (13.8 to be exact) and the Dragon Ball Universe i believe was said to be based on ours. One can assume the dragon ball universe/multiverse has likewise been around for nearly 14 billion years. (For the sake of convinience) and if Akira Toriyama mentions the Phrase "Time Immemorial" one can also assume it means "the beginning of time"..
Now previously the Highest given number given by basically any official dragon ball media is 100 million years.. (this was in reference to snakeway and the north kaio's planet) which that Ogre working for King Yemma said: "King Yemma is the only person who managed to cross this road in the last 100 million years.."

That was previously the highest given number in any dragon ball related media..
However that wasn't until Dragon Ball Super where Beerus came around and decided to throw things up a notch!
Lord Beerus: "I've lived for hundreds of millions of years."
So there you have it Lord Beerus is AT LEAST over 200 million years old. And probably below 1 Billion.(otherwise he wouldn't have said hundreds of millions) so he's anywhere between 200 million and 1 billion.
Whis may even be older then him. (If we take Mr. Popo for example)

So my top 7 oldest characters is as follow.
1. Kid Buu/Zarama ofcourse.
2. Vados. (Older sister of Whis)
3. Whis(assuming he's older than Beerus)
4. Lord Beerus/Champa. (Hundreds of millions of years)
5. Old Kai/Bibidi
6. Babidi. (Existed for "tens" of millions of years)
7. Kaioshin/Kibito.
Zarama?
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11377
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:28 am

Low Tone G wrote:Zarama?
Zarama is the Ryujin/Dragon God that created the Super Dragon Balls, as explained in the first post.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
Low Tone G
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1708
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:34 am

Re: Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:35 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Low Tone G wrote:Zarama?
Zarama is the Ryujin/Dragon God that created the Super Dragon Balls, as explained in the first post.
We know that for sure? Or from a single tweet?
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11377
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:01 am

Yes. My fiance summarized the leaked Korean version of the latest Super chapter like a week ago and Herms tackled the Japanese text a few days ago once it surfaced. All of it is in the respective topics in the Super section of the forum.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5968
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:11 am

TBH I don't take anything in the manga seriously until it appears in the anime... because in this case the latter seems a lot more "official".
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:16 pm

Re: Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by Tsufuru » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:16 am

i think such informations come direct from toriyama , i mean the manga's artist wont create new characters on his own.

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2098
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:44 am

Tsufuru wrote:i think such informations come direct from toriyama , i mean the manga's artist wont create new characters on his own.
That's absolutely true.
HUGE plot points such as new characters/designs as well as Kibito Shin defusing had to have come from Toriyama himself. There's no question about that.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 14019
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:07 pm

The manga is a sneak preview on what is going to happen in the show. Toyable is drawing things from the scripts given by him. The U6 stuff seem to be based on what Toriyama has wrote for the show. Toriyama did said that he has written " a strange new story".
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5968
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:38 am

Like I said, I'll go with the versions that actually appear in the anime, not the "sneak preview" that often turns out differently.

(Mainly it's just my way of hoping the plot holes will get fixed).
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
Professor Gohan
Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:01 am

Re: Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by Professor Gohan » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:47 pm

Old Kaioshin is around 200 million years old.

Was he the first East Kaioshin that served? Or could there have been a generation(s) of (East) Kaioshin before him?

In other words, were there other Kaioshin when Kid Boo and Zarama started everything?

And does that mean "Kid Boo vs. Kaioshin, on Kaioshin world" needs to be retconned, in order to make the question above work?

How's does that mix-up work?

User avatar
apex_pretador
I Live Here
Posts: 2074
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:17 pm

Re: Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by apex_pretador » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:08 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
1. Kid Buu/Zarama ofcourse.
2. Vados. (Older sister of Whis)
3. Whis(assuming he's older than Beerus)
4. Lord Beerus/Champa. (Hundreds of millions of years)
5. Old Kai/Bibidi
6. Babidi. (Existed for "tens" of millions of years)
7. Kaioshin/Kibito.
A few inconsistencies here :

1. Old kaioshin is MUCH older than bibidi
2. Kaioshin is much older than babidi & most likely kibito. He MAY be older than or comparable to bibidi
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2098
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:40 pm

apex_pretador wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
1. Kid Buu/Zarama ofcourse.
2. Vados. (Older sister of Whis)
3. Whis(assuming he's older than Beerus)
4. Lord Beerus/Champa. (Hundreds of millions of years)
5. Old Kai/Bibidi
6. Babidi. (Existed for "tens" of millions of years)
7. Kaioshin/Kibito.
A few inconsistencies here :

1. Old kaioshin is MUCH older than bibidi
2. Kaioshin is much older than babidi & most likely kibito. He MAY be older than or comparable to bibidi
Wrong. Kaioshin is only over 5 million years. And (according to Herms' Guide here on Kanzenshuu) Babidi is "tens" of millions of years old. And Bibidi (being his father/creator) must be even older than that. That's why i put him around the same tier as Old Kaioshin. Though he may even be older than that. (We don't know) And the same guide mentions that Kibito is over 5 million years old aswell.


And Professor Gohan. that's wrong. I don't know where you got that from. But Old Kaioshin is not over 200 million years old.
But rather. Over 75 Million Years Old.

As you can see guys. I always check my facts xD
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by Doctor. » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Elder Kaioshin knew of the Namekian balls, so Porunga is older than Kaioshin and Kibito.

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11377
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: Theory about the "Divine Calendar"..

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:56 pm

Doctor. wrote:Elder Kaioshin knew of the Namekian balls, so Porunga is older than Kaioshin and Kibito.
No. It's stated that Porunga was created by the Namekian Eldest we meet in the Namek Arc, and Namekians don't live that long.

Elder Kaioshin likely knew of a different set, or sets, from long before the Namekian cataclysm.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Post Reply