Infinite stamina vs Regeneration

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Regular

Infinite stamina vs Regeneration

Post by AvatarReiko » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:03 pm

We've seen characters utilising both of these abilites in DBZ but which one is more useful and efficent in battle? Which one would you choose?

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: Infinite stamina vs Regeneration

Post by Draconic » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:30 pm

I would go with infinite stamina. While regeneration comes in handy, it is also said to drain a lot of ki (which is why I hate how overused it was by Buu and Cell), and it also takes up some time and concentration to do, so in mid-battle it would be pointless. With infinite stamina not only you could be clever and outwit your opponent to let him drain himself fighting while you carefully defend and counter attack, but it also means that you could train harder in order to achieve levels where your body wouldn't be able to be easily damaged, which puts you in the position of not needing regeneration in the first place.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:36 pm

Infinite Stamina. It was gave the Androids and Majin Boo the decisive advantage in battle, as they could fight for as long as they want and never get tired. And eventually, your opponent will. And that will give you the prime opportunity to kill you opponent. Plus, regeneration can be too taxing on you body as it can decrease your ki and it can put you in a position where you'd be off guard.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:37 pm

Infinite Stamina. And if you survive, you might find someone who can make you a robot prosthetic.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:22 am

This is like the Android 16 vs. Imperfect Cell fight.I''ll go with Infinite stamina.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:29 am

In a human, having regeneration like Buu's would result in infinite stamina as a byproduct, due to recovering from fatigue acids.

So I'm going with regeneration.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:50 am

Having an endless reservoir of power in which to draw upon is a unique advantage that seems like it would have more applications than if you were to simply regrow your limbs. For those with the resources and creativity to survive in combat you could really pose a serious challenge. It could also theoretically allow someone to condense as much power as they're capable of physically handling in their hands to use in a projectile attack.

Also, I would like to say hello. This is my first post on the forum.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:34 am

Stamina. Who needs a full 8 hours when you've got infinite stamina. I could sleep only 2 or 3 a night and gain so much extra time to do stuff if I had infinite stamina.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Stamina here. I'm thinking the real-world equivalent is having a coffee buzz all the time. Also, since it has come up, Cell probably has both stamina and regeneration. In fact, Cell has been shown to get stronger from regeneration.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:19 pm

You mean in db verse or real life?

Db verse,infinite stamina is useless if the guy u r fighting is going to punch your head off,so reg would be better at escaping and living to fight another day if u r smart ofc.

To bad,cell become an idiot after he became more powerful than piccolo lol.

In real life,well regeneration would make u an super elite soldier or well anything in battle.While infinite stamina would help u in sports.

Basically ud be like that cod character,u get shot 10 times but u hide behind a wall and poof back up ^^.

Ofc also depends what kind of regeneration,piccolo lvl u can still die,cell can still die but very hard to kill,would proly require a nuclear weapon to kill u off for good.kid buu level,u cant be killed period,ud come back from dust ^^.

Edit;Comparing to cod character.

Piccolo lvl reg,get shot a few times,hide behind wall to reg,cell level,get shot but quickly regenerate and keep fighting.kid buu level u get shot u keep shooting back cos it doesnt bother u ^^.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Regeneration, because you see with buu you got a limited amount of unlimited ki. Buu can use like 60% of his ki on an attack and just restore his energy back to 100%. He can lose half his body after somebody charges up a super powerfull move using up almost all their energy and make it seam like nothing in seconds.

The stamina thing didn't help androids vs stronger opponents to victory, but buu...yeah buu used that shit to the point even fat buu beat majin vegeta who's MUCH stronger then him. It's also why super buu survived long enough to see ssj3 gotenks and lasted until the form disappeared. Because it's the cheapest thing in the series with his candy beam and absorption.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:31 pm

Infinite stamina. The fight between Piccolo and 17 says it all. they had about an equal power level, 17 had infinite stamina, and Piccolo could regenerate. If Cell hadn't stopped that fight this could have gone to 17 simply because he never wears down, and it was clear that with each blow Piccolo was slowly getting tired. It was a valiant effort by Piccolo though, and he really utilized great techniques in that fight.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:18 am

Regeneration, by a country mile. Why? Just watch this video...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +vs.+buggy

That there's pretty much the perfect demonstration of why regeneration would be amazing in a real life fight. Infinite Stamina is only helpful for as long as all of your body parts are fully functioning. The moment someone, say, cuts off your arms, or shoots you in the heart, gouges out your eyes, or breaks your leg? You've pretty much lost the fight right there, regardless of how much stamina you have.

This is of course, not even getting into the surprise factor. Most people aren't going to expect you to be able to regrow your limbs, so that's something you can REALLY take advantage of. In fact, I honestly think Piccolo might have actually been able to beat #17 at some point, just because #17 wouldn't know about that.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

VegetaSSJG

Post by VegetaSSJG » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:42 am

Infinite stamina:
  • In battle:You'd be able to wear out your opponent and land the finishing blow.That's about it.But if you weren't strong enough in the first place,you still be killed by your opponent in little time.
    IRL:You won't have to sleep,productivity would skyrocket,you'd be able to train infinitely and gain physical prowess,going through a marathon would be a breeze,etc.
Regeneration:
  • In battle:Depends on what type of regen it is.If it's infinite regeneration(something like Zombieman's regen from One Punch Man) and you can't be killed at all,well,I just said it,you can't be killed at all.But if it's anything like Buu's or Piccolo's,you'd wear yourself out and you'd be killed anyway if you weren't strong enough in the first place.Unless you were able to receive zenkais.
    IRL:Basically nothing could kill you except for a nuclear meltdown of some sort or nukes.Your body cells would heal from diseases instantly,injuries now mean nothing,and fatigued/damaged muscle cells would recover instantly.Also,you could utilize this in strength training exercises for efficiency(heal damaged tissue and fatigued muscle cells quickly)Only downside is you'd have to pay for a lot more food as an energy source for regen.
(I know my profile picture doesn't match my account name, now go away)

My pages-YouTube, Tumblr, DeviantArt, Twitter:
https://elink.io/p/booyacy