Vegeta will defeat Goku

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Professor Gohan

Vegeta will defeat Goku

Post by Professor Gohan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:27 pm

Do you think it will happen in Dragon Ball Super?

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: Vegeta will defeat Goku

Post by LightBing » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:53 pm

What do you mean? Surpass him in strength? If so, he already did twice. When goes Mutated SSJ2 for a bit and in Super there's various hints he's slightly ahead of Goku.

I see no other scenario where Vegeta could defeat Goku, they are friendly rivals now.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:57 pm

I enjoy the moments when Vegeta surpasses Gokû in strength, but unfortunately for Vegeta he can't reach full satisfaction from it because unlike how Vegeta gets upset when Gokû's stronger than him, when it's Vegeta who's stronger Gokû gets excited about it instead. (Like that TFS scene where Vegeta's boasting about how much stronger he is and all he gets back from Gokû is a "Neat!" which only frustrates him instead).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:50 pm

Does it matter? Vegeta's already defeated Goku in the past, so I doubt to see what effect it would have on the story for Vegeta to defeat nowadays. But Whis did comment that Goku always seemed to be one step ahead of Vegeta in Resurrection F.

TheatreStyleKai
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheatreStyleKai » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:12 am

In my opinion, no. Not when it actually counts towards them teaming up to beat the next big baddie. Vegeta is fated to always be at most, one step behind Goku - just strong enough to fuse with in case things get too bad, but never to reach new heights of strength or new transformations first.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:30 am

TheatreStyleKai wrote:Vegeta is fated to always be at most, one step behind Goku - never to reach new heights of strength or new transformations first
He was the 1st to reach Assj and unlike Goku he didn't need a ritual to unlock his God powers.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:26 am

I think if they want Goku and Vegeta to fuse again/work together to defeat somebody, having Vegeta have the edge at that point would be a good way to make it believable, in the context of both of them saying they don't want to work together. Goku never seemed that opposed to the idea, if the threat calls for it, but Vegeta is always reluctant due to his huge pride. However, if Vegeta is stronger than Goku, that pride issue would not be so prevalent, because Vegeta knows that Goku is very strong and if something would be powerful enough to threaten him (who at this point is stronger) I don't think he would be close-minded to "borrowing" that power, because Vegeta does not really have a problem not being the strongest ever, like Goku kinda does, but his problem is being behind Goku. So, in case Vados for example, or someone of that level, turns out to be a villain, Vegeta and Goku would agree to fuse/work together for the greater good.

The build up to them fusing is kinda there and there are hints of Vegeta surpassing Goku in Super. I think that is why those are there, as they compliment eachother storywise and characterwise if that actually happens.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:05 pm

No, he won't, in kanzenban ending he says he'll defeat him one day, the same old shit, so it ain't happening.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:13 am

He already defeated him.TWICE

Sun Wukong
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sun Wukong » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:51 am

Aside from the Saiyan saga, no. He will always be destined to be the character that every big baddie warms up with before they face off & fight Goku.
"I was born in a small village. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers. Foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to speak their language. With each new post my masters changed. Along with the words they made me speak. With each change, I changed too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong. Words - can - kill."
—Skull Face

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:51 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:Aside from the Saiyan saga, no. He will always be destined to be the character that every big baddie warms up with before they face off & fight Goku.

Well with Golden Freezer it didn't happen, and with Beerus the first to get wrecked was Goku.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:04 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:Aside from the Saiyan saga, no. He will always be destined to be the character that every big baddie warms up with before they face off & fight Goku.
Apart from freeza saga that never happened afterwards(i.e vegeta vs freeza,then goku steps in).

In cell games he lost to cell and cell fought trunks afterwards.Then cell immediately fought goku from the get go and then gohan fought after.

In buu saga vegeta fought goku equal as ssj2s then fought buu then u know the rest.

Vs kid buu goku fought first then vegeta stepped in to give goku some time to gather his energy.

ALso vegeta surpassed goku many times BP wise,like many different characters that have surpassed goku in the passed:piccolo,vegeta,gohan,gotenks all have surpassed goku.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:29 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:He will always be destined to be the character that every big baddie warms up with before they face off & fight Goku.
The last big baddie defeated Goku and Vegeta was the one who got the final fight.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:15 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:He already defeated him.TWICE
Yeah but he doesn't consider those victories. Vegeta may have won their matches but he always lost the war.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:46 pm

Twice? Are you counting Ginyu Goku?

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:50 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:
I think he's counting his "loss" to Majin Vegeta. Thing is, Goku could've clobbered Vegeta to paste in an instant if he wanted to and Goku calls the fight to a halt and expresses no interest in continuing after he sense Buu's revival. After that, he gets knocked out when his back his turned to Vegeta so I'd hardly call that a victory.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:52 pm

Lunatic Fringe wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:
I think he's counting his "loss" to Majin Vegeta. Thing is, Goku could've clobbered Vegeta to paste in an instant if he wanted to and Goku calls the fight to a halt and expresses no interest in continuing after he sense Buu's revival. After that, he gets knocked out when his back his turned to Vegeta so I'd hardly call that a victory.
Yeah, i don't consider that a win. It was unfair and Goku had ssj3.

Sun Wukong
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sun Wukong » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:54 pm

Well sorry to burst Vegeta fans bubbles, but you guys are just going over semantics. I'm a Veggie fan too but whether we like it or not DB has always been pretty much Goku's show. Sure there were times that Gohan, Trunks, & others got the lime light for a little while. But it was only to make Goku reappearance even look more amazing (Cell & the Buu sagas).
emperior wrote:

Well with Golden Freezer it didn't happen, and with Beerus the first to get wrecked was Goku.
Who did G. Freezer fight after Vegeta? That's right. Gokuu. Who put down Freeza? Goku. True. But did Vegeta beat Beerus after? No. And it is almost certain that Goku will beat Beerus before Vegeta or if Vegeta does beat Beerus first it would only be to make Goku's fight against opponent x even more fabulous. Just like what happened in the Cell & Buu sagas.
buutenks wrote:
Apart from freeza saga that never happened afterwards(i.e vegeta vs freeza,then goku steps in).

In cell games he lost to cell and cell fought trunks afterwards.Then cell immediately fought goku from the get go and then gohan fought after.

In buu saga vegeta fought goku equal as ssj2s then fought buu then u know the rest.

Vs kid buu goku fought first then vegeta stepped in to give goku some time to gather his energy.

ALso vegeta surpassed goku many times BP wise,like many different characters that have surpassed goku in the passed:piccolo,vegeta,gohan,gotenks all have surpassed goku.
It did happen in the Cell games. Vegeta & Trunks both got whooped by PC. Even after both of them had trained for 2 years while Goku didn't even do it for a whole year. He was stronger than the both of them combined at the Cell games.

He only fought Goku as an 'equal' after he got a massive boost from Babidi & even then Goku was holding back. As Vegeta stated it himself when they were up against Buuhan.

Goku fought K. Buu as an equal. Vegeta was literally a punching bag for K. Buu. Goku could have beaten K.Buu if it wasn't for the plot demanding him to do a spirit bomb. Toriyama wanted to give some panels to Vegeta & Majin Buu. Even though by this point in the story Goku, Gohan, Gotenks, & Majin Buu all could run circles around Vegeta several times.

BP? And have any of those characters been relevant for the long term? Remember Gohan only took down one big baddie. The rest have had been thrown in the dumpster since the buu saga, the whole gt thing. It wasn't up until BoG over 12 years after the buu saga ending did Vegeta become relevant again.

in fact what happened to Vegeta in Cell & the buu sagas was much more worse than what happened to him in the Freeza saga. I mean Goku had a head start & became a SSJ. But in the Cell games not only did Vegeta have a head start he also got to train with already an experienced SSJ. He still got left in the dust by Gokuu.

sintzu wrote:
Sun Wukong wrote:He will always be destined to be the character that every big baddie warms up with before they face off & fight Goku.
The last big baddie defeated Goku and Vegeta was the one who got the final fight.
Who was this big baddie? That defeated Goku & Vegeta beat? I would be astonished.

So as all of you can see. What I posted wasn't dealing with semantics. Just what TOEI & Toriyama prefer with the cast of DB. I mean Vegeta does get a raw deal. No dobut about that. But it could be worse. He could be given the Gohan or Piccolo treatment.
"I was born in a small village. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers. Foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to speak their language. With each new post my masters changed. Along with the words they made me speak. With each change, I changed too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong. Words - can - kill."
—Skull Face

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:56 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:
Who did G. Freezer fight after Vegeta? That's right. Gokuu. Who put down Freeza? Goku.

He didn't fight anyone, he was on his hands and knees after Vegeta beat him out of his golden form then got blown to bits by Goku but that doesn't take away from Vegeta defeating him in battle which is something Goku couldn't do.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:00 pm

Sun Wukong wrote:Posting in Italics
Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you're using italics for everything you're typing? I mean, there's nothing wrong with it, it just seems odd to go to the extra effort of doing so.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".