Tiny Details You Didn't Notice

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

t0ffe3m4n
Beyond Newbie

Post by t0ffe3m4n » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:37 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:Hey, I actually found something that I didn't notice before (or maybe I did, but I wasn't on the forums yet): GT has a helluva lot of references to DB/Z.
I'm not quite sure why, but I laughed out loud when I read this.. :lol:

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:42 am

I love the GT endings. And the opening. In fact, I love GT, even though it's a load of crap. It's not so much as an anime sequel as it is a tribute to an anime, at least that's how I look at it. :)
Son Goku wrote:King Chappa's nipples can't seem to decide if they're black or pink! :P
Calm down and let the nipples do as they please. :D
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:55 pm

Well, now that I have all of the DB/Z manga (HA!), I decided to glaze through the Android/Cell Saga volumes when I realized something (I dunno if this has been mentioned before, but whatever): in both timelines, Cell was defeated by someone whose cells weren't part of him (Gohan and Trunks). However, he (Cell) was supposed to have all the cells of the most powerful fighters! Would that be irony?
t0ffe3m4n wrote:
DaemonCorps wrote:Hey, I actually found something that I didn't notice before (or maybe I did, but I wasn't on the forums yet): GT has a helluva lot of references to DB/Z.
I'm not quite sure why, but I laughed out loud when I read this.. :lol:
Yay, I make people laugh!
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:48 pm

DaemonCorps wrote:Well, now that I have all of the DB/Z manga (HA!), I decided to glaze through the Android/Cell Saga volumes when I realized something (I dunno if this has been mentioned before, but whatever): in both timelines, Cell was defeated by someone whose cells weren't part of him (Gohan and Trunks). However, he (Cell) was supposed to have all the cells of the most powerful fighters! Would that be irony?
I thought Cell had Gohan's cells, though. :( Actually, during the season premiere (on CN), I had thought that Cell would have had to be defeated by Trunks, because Cell didn't have any of Trunks' cells.

So, whose cells does Cell have from the cell capturing mini-cell collector bots? :?

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:56 pm

veshira wrote:So, whose cells does Cell have from the cell capturing mini-cell collector bots? :?
Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Freeza and King Cold. I actually thought there was a lot more, but that's all that Cell mentions, so he may have some cells he's not telling about. He uses the Taiyo-ken, so he might have Tenshinhan's cells, but Goku can also use it, so it could just as easily been from Goku's cells. 8)
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Swift
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swift » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:06 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:He uses the Taiyo-ken, so he might have Tenshinhan's cells, but Goku can also use it, so it could just as easily been from Goku's cells. 8)
Actually, here's the dialogue from the manga from right after Cell uses the Taiyô-ken and escapes (paraphrasing, I don't remember exactly):

Piccolo: "I thought the Taiyô-ken was Tenshinhan's move!"

Kuririn: "It's not that hard to do... Goku and I can do it too!"

So, yeah, Cell definitely got it from Goku it looks like. No problems there. I never thought about how Cell was defeated, in all the known timelines, by people whom he had no cells of, though... I like that, great observation.

*can't think of any tiny details of his own to post right now :P *

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:17 pm

So only Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Freeza and King Cold were mentioned? :(

I agree that Tenshinhan's cells must have been collected; Cell said the little bots starting picking Cells from the strongest fighters in the world, starting at the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai, which Tenshinhan won, making him the Strongest Fighter Under the Heavens by title. Why wouldn't Gero use the strongest fighter in the world's cells?

Also, Cell uses Tenshinhan's attacks pretty often. We see him use Taiyoken at least twice, and then when he uses Multi-Form (the Japanese name escapes me; he divides into four Perfect Cells), everyone's like, "Look, it's Tenshinhan's move!"

Actually, didn't Kuririn say he hated it how Cell had some of his cells, or was that just the dub? :?

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:24 pm

The move of Tenshinhan's that Cell used at the Cell Game was the Shiyo-ken (Fist of Four Bodies) that he first (and last used, if you don't count filler) used at the 22nd Tenka'ichi Budokai. But, that was filler. So moooo. :? Filler strikes twice in one paragraph! :evil:

Not sure about the Kuririn bit. Probably a dub statement.

Other than that, Cell never uses the attacks beyond the ones of the people he mentioned. 8)
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:42 pm

I see. Thank you, Great Knowledgable Tori-bot!

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:52 pm

veshira wrote:I see. Thank you, Great Knowledgable Tori-bot!
Thank you, thank you! I will now be signing autographs for only £40 a pop, so if you'll all please get in li... hey... where's everybody going...? :cry:

Expect no less, since I am the Tori-bot! See me and praise me clinging to a palm tree in DB episode 3!! 8) :lol:

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:38 pm

As far as the Anime goes, it's pretty obvious that Cell had more than just the 5 fighters mentioned in the Manga, because he uses Kuririn's and Tenshinhans techniques several times.

The Manga, believe it or not, does leave this possiblity open. In every statement direct from Cell, he says that he has King Cold, Freeza, Piccolo, Goku, and Vegeta's cell's. However, in the title chapter that outlines all the Artificial Humans, it says that he had those 5 and "a number of other lifeforms" which is probably where Toei drew the idea of adding in Tenshinhan and Kuririn.

It is clear, however, that he does have Trunks or Gohans cells. In Trunks case, it's because Cell says that he doesn't. On the latter - he wouldn't have any need for Gohan's cells because he already had Goku's.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:16 am

That's one thing that's puzzled me. Cell says he doesn't have any of Mirai Trunks's DNA because Gero decided they already had enough Saiyan DNA. But how would Gero know that he was a Saiyan? When he shows up the second time, right after the Piccolo/Gero fight, Gero has no idea who he is...
Trunks & Goten forever

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:34 am

Gero started the plans for Cell, but realized he'd never finish them in his lifetime. He then decided to Build Android #19 and make himself an Android as well. The computer decided there were enough Saiyan cells already, not Gero. Gero left it up to the computer I suspect.

t0ffe3m4n
Beyond Newbie

Post by t0ffe3m4n » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:30 pm

Didn't the Cell Jrs. use Masenko-ha? :?:

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:44 pm

t0ffe3m4n wrote:Didn't the Cell Jrs. use Masenko? :?:
I know that they didn't in the Manga, and I'm 99% sure they didn't use it in the Anime. Even so, the Masenko is originally Piccolo's technique, so it would have come from him - not Gohan.

t0ffe3m4n
Beyond Newbie

Post by t0ffe3m4n » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:08 pm

You're probably right. My bad.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:15 pm

It kinda bothers me that there are more comments here than actual substance connecting to the actual topic :x...

Anyway, another one I've noticed for some time is that throughout all of Gohan's history as a fighter, he's never had any signature outfit that was all his own; they were all based on other characters' clothes:

1) Goku's Gi with Piccolo's symbol on it
2) Piccolo's purple clothes
3) Vegeta's Saiyan armor (but that's more of a general thing, I guess)
4) back to Piccolo's purple clothes
5) Kaioshin's outfit
6) back to Goku's Gi

... and when he did get a "signature outfit," it was that dorky Great Saiyaman one. Ah Gohan... getting the short end of the stick no matter what he does...

I'm also pretty sure that he didn't have any of his own attacks... his were either taken from Goku or Piccolo. What a biter :lol:...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:24 pm

DaemonCorps wrote: ... and when he did get a "signature outfit," it was that dorky Great Saiyaman one. Ah Gohan... getting the short end of the stick no matter what he does...

I'm also pretty sure that he didn't have any of his own attacks... his were either taken from Goku or Piccolo. What a biter :lol:...
Justice Kick! :D Actually, I wouldn't even say that his Saiyaman costume was all his, because Bulma made it for him, and she obviously used the stretchy under-suit of the Saiyajin armor, as well as the gloves and boots.

Has it ever accured to anybody that maybe Gohan's a bit of a dork, and maybe even a bit of a mama's/papa's/Piccolo's boy? :wink:

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:35 pm

Well, something I noticed was that, in the Manga, Gohan's training outfit for the upcoming 25th Tenka'ichi Budokai was Green with a white belt - but was changed to the Piccolo color set for the Anime.

I guess that would be his signiture outfit...? :lol:

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:37 pm

veshira wrote:Has it ever accured to anybody that maybe Gohan's a bit of a dork, and maybe even a bit of a mama's/papa's/Piccolo's boy? :wink:
:lol: Piccolo's boy...

Well, he sure was a (whatever you want to put here)'s boy when he was first introduced. My excuse for him was that he was pressured by both of his parents to be a scholar and a fighter, and he just couldn't take it, so he resorted to reverting to becoming well... what he is :cry:.