Will SSJ Blue stay?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Will SSJ Blue stay?

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:18 pm

Now that we know with the recent evidence that regular Super Saiyan is still being used by Goku(and likely Vegeta aswell ofcourse) Do you guys think SSJ Blue is gone for good? Or do you guys think it will stay? We do know that SSJ Blue is still in the opening of Super with Goku and Vegeta standing next to eachother. We also know that (if it's up to toei) they would like SSJ Blue to stay in the series because they have more reason to sell more merchandise. While on the other hand it's Toriyama's story and he seems to be very fond of regular Super Saiyan..

So do you think it will stay??

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Re: Will SSJ Blue stay?

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:42 pm

There's no reason to think it won't stay. When SSJ2 was introduced SSJ1 didn't suddenly disappear.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:08 pm

I think it's here to stay until the next movie when it'll inevitability be replaced by something else the way it replaced ssjg.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:19 pm

Chuquita wrote:I think it's here to stay until the next movie when it'll inevitability be replaced by something else the way it replaced ssjg.
Well ofcourse it's always possible they could come up with a new form. But as far as creative concepts go i personally can't imagine exactly what they could come up with now. We do know that Toriyama wanted to move away from the concepts of SSJ2 & 3. to keep things simple by focusing on Base and Regular Super Saiyan. (Since they put less strain on the body and thus are perfect states) Then they came up with an even better version of Super Saiyan.. Which is SSJ Blue. (A complete ultimate evolution it seems)
But ofcourse we'll have to see where it's heading in the future.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:27 am

Its here until the next transformation overtakes it, whenever that is.

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Onibaku » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:20 am

I wanted to see more of SSG red Goku though. Hopefully Toriyama focuses on the regular Super Saiyan.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:24 am

I really, really miss ssjg Gokû. That's why I'm so indifferent to bluper saiyan.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:50 am

If merchandise sales are anything to go by, it's gonna be around for a very long time.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:09 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:If merchandise sales are anything to go by, it's gonna be around for a very long time.
Hope you're right.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:26 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:If merchandise sales are anything to go by, it's gonna be around for a very long time.
Hope you're right.
Bandai and Toei would agree with me. :wink:

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:00 pm

Ssj red is probably gone , super will treat blue like ssj3 in dbz Goku will only use it when he has no other choice .

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:13 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Hope you're right.
But one would think that if you introduce a new form only once in the series. it's still a reason to keep selling it as merchandise.. Because now it exists. even though it doesn't have to be used again.
But again i hope you're right and Goku keeps using it for the remainder of the series.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:14 am

Episode 34 confirms they still have access to it. Beerus berates Goku for not going full power and Goku admits he thought he could handle Frost with only Super Saiyan. It'll pop up again at some point.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:15 am

Why wouldn't it ? Only reason why Goku turns SSj against Frost is because he thought SSj will be more than enough to handle him.Turning SSjBlue would be overkill.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:29 am

Next color will be purple or green as something.

Why give efforts to something new. Just change the hair color

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:41 pm

Kishido wrote:Next color will be purple or green as something.
Purple & green are already taken by Broli. :P
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:04 pm

Marco Polo wrote:There's no reason to think it won't stay. When SSJ2 was introduced SSJ1 didn't suddenly disappear.
That's probably even more evidence against since afterwards they made no real distinction and Toriyama forgot and all.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:22 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Hope you're right.
Except those sales are NOT exclusive to Dragon Ball Super or SSJB. Those figures include the sales for all of Dragon Ball, like the Figuarts that are still going through a lot of Z material (Even a Kid Goku release.) as well as releasing stuff like Gold Freeza & SSJB Figuarts, which would honstly be more tied to RoF the movie and not Super. Siting the merch sales as reasons that SSJB may stick around really doesn't work. For all we know...Japanese fans may hate SSJB. At best we can just wait and see if SSJB will stick around to become an icon like regular SSJ or not.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:33 pm

voltlunok wrote:Except those sales are NOT exclusive to Dragon Ball Super or SSJB. Those figures include the sales for all of Dragon Ball, like the Figuarts that are still going through a lot of Z material (Even a Kid Goku release.) as well as releasing stuff like Gold Freeza & SSJB Figuarts, which would honstly be more tied to RoF the movie and not Super. Siting the merch sales as reasons that SSJB may stick around really doesn't work. For all we know...Japanese fans may hate SSJB. At best we can just wait and see if SSJB will stick around to become an icon like regular SSJ or not.
I think the correlation with the surge in merchandise sales in the last few years with the release of new Dragon Ball content since 2013 such as Battle Of Gods, Resurrection F and Dragon Ball Super, is very apparent. If the audience see merchandise tie-ins with a show they may not be particularly interested into, sales suffer. E.g. Kai. But they see content they like and the merch that goes with it, then sales and profit surge. As has been apparent in the last 2-3 years.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:01 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
voltlunok wrote:Except those sales are NOT exclusive to Dragon Ball Super or SSJB. Those figures include the sales for all of Dragon Ball, like the Figuarts that are still going through a lot of Z material (Even a Kid Goku release.) as well as releasing stuff like Gold Freeza & SSJB Figuarts, which would honstly be more tied to RoF the movie and not Super. Siting the merch sales as reasons that SSJB may stick around really doesn't work. For all we know...Japanese fans may hate SSJB. At best we can just wait and see if SSJB will stick around to become an icon like regular SSJ or not.
I think the correlation with the surge in merchandise sales in the last few years with the release of new Dragon Ball content since 2013 such as Battle Of Gods, Resurrection F and Dragon Ball Super, is very apparent. If the audience see merchandise tie-ins with a show they may not be particularly interested into, sales suffer. E.g. Kai. But they see content they like and the merch that goes with it, then sales and profit surge. As has been apparent in the last 2-3 years.
Is there a correlation? Yes, but that doesn't immediately mean that SSJB is the thing everyone is buying into, the correlation can be explained more as BoG, RoF and Super have reignited a lot of passions for Dragon Ball but that doesn't exactly mean that passion is for BoG, RoF or Super and the merchandise tied to them. The passion may be back but it may just be for the Z era merchandise. Without a more detailed breakdown of how the sales are figuring out, I don't think siting said sales is a satisfactory answer to if SSJB is gonna stick around or not. Cause again, there is Z era and even OG era Dragon Ball merch being sold along side the merch for BoG, RoF and Super. Again, I'd say we just wait and see.

But in all honesty, I think SSJB will stick around for a while until its either replaced or they are given some contrived way to get the same power boost SSJB gives in regular SSJ form without the blue hair.
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey