OK how can anyone become close to Goku now?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kishido
Banned

OK how can anyone become close to Goku now?

Post by Kishido » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:08 am

I mean ouf of "normal" characters as Vegeta.

Even if SSGSS Vegeta is slightly stronger as Goku he never will stand a chance without Kaioken. And same goes for everyone else...

I can't see for example Gohan getting so much stronger than Goku that Goku has to use Kaioken

sintzu
Banned

Re: OK how can anyone become close to Goku now?

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:56 am

If Vegeta learned the Kaio Ken or something similar then he'd be able to.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:59 am

sintzu wrote:If Vegeta learned the Kaio Ken or something similar then he'd be able to.
But he wont and you know that. Always in Gokus shadow.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:02 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:But he wont and you know that.
There's a lot of things we thought he wouldn't do like training under someone so if that's the only way to catch up then he'll do it.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:04 am

sintzu wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:But he wont and you know that.
There's a lot of things we thought he wouldn't do like training under someone so if that's the only way to catch up then he'll do it.
And then Goku finds another way to surpass him again.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:06 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:And then Goku finds another way to surpass him again.
And then Vegeta finds another way to catch up again.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:50 am

sintzu wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:And then Goku finds another way to surpass him again.
And then Vegeta finds another way to catch up again.
Manga's last panel with Vegeta saying: "Sooner or later, Kakarrot, I will show you defeat…"

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:51 am

It may just end up being something along the lines of he just never ends up perfecting it. Given what was established, there was only a 10% chance of the pairing of the two being a success, and Goku may just never be able to get it to work more smoothly than that, and ends up considering a 10% chance of success not being worth the 90% chance of utter death.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:16 pm

Unless the Namekian Book Of Legends provides the plot device power up to end all plot device power ups, then no. No one among the Z-Fighters are touching Goku especially now that Super Saiyan Blue/Kaioken is a form that has no real drawback(s).

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:25 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:That Super Saiyan Blue/Kaioken is a form that has no real drawback(s).
Minus the 90% chance of dying when he tries to use it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:48 pm

sintzu wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:That Super Saiyan Blue/Kaioken is a form that has no real drawback(s).
Hujo in the summary of EP39 wrote:If he had made even a tiny mistake, then his power would have gone out of control and killed him, but thankfully he seems to have managed to perfectly control it.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:24 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Hujo in the summary of EP39 wrote:If he had made even a tiny mistake, then his power would have gone out of control and killed him, but thankfully he seems to have managed to perfectly control it.
Yeah, he said that he managed to control it. He did that before he attacked, that was the live or die moment.
Last edited by Kuririn Fan on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:42 am

Goku managed to control it THAT time. Which isn't guaranteed success every time.

It actually reminds me of Grade 3. Goku figured out how to use it, realized its major power advantages, realized its drawbacks, and ultimately went with the safer option of Grade 4. In this case, I have my money on Goku dropping the higher multipliers in favor of a lower, less strenuous boost. Which other characters may eventually be able to contend with.
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:56 am

Tectorman wrote:Goku managed to control it THAT time. Which isn't guaranteed success every time.
And not everyone is going to stand by and let him power up like Hit, if someone attacks him while he's in the middle of powering up it could destroy his body or worse.

I do think he'll train to use it a lot easier but until then, the current way he uses it is very risky especially sine he probably won't be able t defend himself once he goes back to normal so if he doesn't finish the fight he'll be as good as dead.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:39 am

Vegeta ragains his tail and masters Oozaru + SSB. :twisted:
Lord Beerus wrote:Super Saiyan Blue/Kaioken is a form that has no real drawback(s).
Yes,it have,Goku wasn't even sure if he can sustain the form,his body would probably explode if he will go x20 or something.Not to mention,SSB Kaioken will probably drain Goku's energy as much as SSj3.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:51 am

I think vegeta should train for his own form of SSJ GOD.

Maybe SSJ God Vegeta where he can increase his power without draining his stamina like the kaioken does.

Vynak
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vynak » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:41 am

sintzu wrote:
Tectorman wrote:Goku managed to control it THAT time. Which isn't guaranteed success every time.
I do think he'll train to use it a lot easier but until then, the current way he uses it is very risky especially sine he probably won't be able t defend himself once he goes back to normal so if he doesn't finish the fight he'll be as good as dead.
Hope not. Kaioken has always been risky which is a fair tradeoff for how OP the move is. If Goku trains to use it easily, what's to stop him from eventually multiplying it to ridiculous levels as his body gradually gets used to the increased levels. Judging by how ridiculous the gravity training ended up in Z, it's not too far fetched to think this could happen. This would put Goku leagues above everyone, including the gods, with enough time.
Kuririn Fan wrote:
sintzu wrote:If Vegeta learned the Kaio Ken or something similar then he'd be able to.
Let's hope he chooses not to learn it. Goku & Vegeta are the most prominent characters in Super and they don't need to be using the same exact technique in their battles. That would get boring really fast. Vegeta needs to figure out another way to close the gap between them.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:08 am

Vynak wrote:Hope not. Kaioken has always been risky which is a fair tradeoff for how OP the move is. If Goku trains to use it easily, what's to stop him from eventually multiplying it to ridiculous levels as his body gradually gets used to the increased levels.
That's a good point.
Vynak wrote:Vegeta needs to figure out another way to close the gap between them.
He did it before so he'll most likely do it again.

BoosterZabi

Post by BoosterZabi » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:32 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:
After the Buu Saga, I highly doubt anyone even thought that Vegeta would ever catch up to Goku. DBS proved us wrong. Not only did he initially catch up, but he surpassed Goku by the time Goku arrived to start Whis's training. So I would not be surprised if Vegeta happens to create his own version of the Kaio Ken. Remember, Vegeta only saw it once in his lifetime.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:55 pm

BoosterZabi wrote:Not only did he initially catch up, but he surpassed Goku by the time Goku arrived to start Whis's training.
And he did it without the ritual which we thought would be impossible.