Why didn't Gokuu...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KameRule
Beyond Newbie

Why didn't Gokuu...

Post by KameRule » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:33 am

...use higher grades of Super Saiyan combined with Super Saiyan God as opposed to Kaioken. I mean I'm so glad to see the latter technique return, but Gokuu said himself that if he used it with Super Saiyan Blue it had a 90% chance of completely destroying his body. Whereas higher forms of Super Saiyan clearly don't take such a toll, otherwise he'd use Kaioken instead.

I know that if we got Super Saiyan 3 Blue and such things would get pretty ridiculous after a while, but it just doesn't make an awful lot of sense to me. Toriyama's not drawing 14 pages of manga per week anymore, so I thought that perhaps this story arc might have been a bit better thought out. Or maybe it has yet to be explained?
Master, the batteries inside your Wii Remote are nearly depleted.

Master, there is a 98% chance that the floor is beneath you.

Khin
I Live Here

Re: Why didn't Gokuu...

Post by Khin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:44 am

Toriyama stated that Goku realized how better the SSj than SSj2/SSj3,which is why he only uses the to go Blue.And Goku himself said that Super Saiyan Blue drains his stamina a lot.Regular SSj3 burns energy so fast,just imagine if it's mixed the God ki.It won't be any better than Kaioken.

KameRule
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameRule » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:48 am

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:Toriyama stated that Goku realized how better the SSj than SSj2/SSj3,which is why he only uses the to go Blue.And Goku himself said that Super Saiyan Blue drains his stamina a lot.Regular SSj3 burns energy so fast,just imagine if it's mixed the God ki.It won't be any better than Kaioken.
It might burn energy just as badly, but I don't think it's as likely to cause physical damage to the user as Kaioken.
Master, the batteries inside your Wii Remote are nearly depleted.

Master, there is a 98% chance that the floor is beneath you.

TheUltimateVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:20 pm

SSJB is only possible through the MSSJ. The grade forms are a different power up variation of the SSJ meaning the grade forms are not in conjunction with the MSSJ but separate from it.
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:31 pm

Kaioh-ken is better in terms of raw power as it can multiply higher then the combined boosts of SS2 and 3 but has its own risks to, like you know dyeing.

But it appiers all that ki training with Whis is paying off.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:53 pm

realistically all goku would need to do is just stay as a ssj while using god ki to produce different auras

SSJ God Green = SSJ2 + SSJ GOD

SSJ God Orange - SSJ3 + SSJ GOD

just stay in those forms all day to reduce strain and master the forms

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:19 am

The SSJ you know now currently is not the same before BOG. Right now, SSJ is the absorption of the gosh powers
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:06 am

because he has integrated the SS2 and SS3 in his regular SS.
Just like how he integrated the various grades into FPSS at CG.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:50 am

apex_pretador wrote:because he has integrated the SS2 and SS3 in his regular SS.
when was it stated or shown goku integrated those forms into his regular ssj? From the battle with beerus it's clear he can still go ssj2 or ssj3 but he chooses not to now.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:56 am

apex_pretador wrote:because he has integrated the SS2 and SS3 in his regular SS.
no, it's not intergration. It's SSJ = SSG
Kuro Tenshi

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:44 am

Captain Strawberry wrote:
toriyama said that he'd not be using SS2 or SS3 from now on because they are just powered up variations of regular SS, nothing more, and they can achieve that level of power and more by just focusing on regular SS.
jplaya2023 wrote:
when was it stated or shown goku integrated those forms into his regular ssj? From the battle with beerus it's clear he can still go ssj2 or ssj3 but he chooses not to now.
no, that's mean that a SS3 goku from post BoG will be more powerful than beerus? Or atleast much more powerful than a SSB? No way.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:58 am

apex_pretador wrote:
Captain Strawberry wrote:
toriyama said that he'd not be using SS2 or SS3 from now on because they are just powered up variations of regular SS, nothing more, and they can achieve that level of power and more by just focusing on regular SS.

I'm aware of the statement but according to Super, his SSJ powers merged with the red hair and his power didn't decrease.
Kuro Tenshi

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:35 am

Personally I would kind of preferred if he had done this. I never really liked KK or at least not stuff like KK10. But I guess a lot of people do and stuff like that was probably big with power level speculation especially with kids talking about it with their friends. So I can understand bringing it back.
Captain Strawberry wrote:The SSJ you know now currently is not the same before BOG. Right now, SSJ is the absorption of the gosh powers
A form first achieved by the Legendary Napoleon Dynamite.

MajinBrolyYamcha

Post by MajinBrolyYamcha » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:36 am

SSJ God Blue = Mssj + SSJ God
SSj God Green = SSj2 + SSJ God
SSJ God Orange = SSj3 + SSJ God
SSJ God Black = SSj4 + SSJ God

SSJ God Silver = SSj5 + SSJ God

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:56 am

I assume that Goku and Vegeta only use Super Saiyan as a way to channel the power of Super Saiyan God and that it's actual power has little, if any, bearing on the strength of Super Saiyan Blue. Since each Super Saiyan level just accesses a progressively larger, but still finite, reservoir of power, going Super Saiyan 2 or Super Saiyan 3 would add their strength to Super Saiyan Blue, not multiply it. A hypothetical SS Blue 2 or SS Blue 3 would be functionally as strong as the regular version. They would just drain more energy.
Something like...
Goku - 1
  • SS - 50
    SS3 - 400
    SS Blue - 50,000
    SS Blue 3 - 50,400
Kaioken's defining feature is to multiply one's power, and it apparently works with God Ki as well, so the technique is more effective than mixing a higher level with Super Saiyan God.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)