One character you would like to return

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Re: One character you would like to return

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu May 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Smilodon wrote:Vados! She can't be gone! Image
She's not even that hot, man.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 19, 2016 4:56 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri May 20, 2016 8:47 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:
That's right - i said it.

Korppi

Post by Korppi » Sat May 21, 2016 4:56 pm

MaxZ wrote: Android 8 is seen alive at the end of Z, so that's not true. Unless that was a filler scene, I'm not sure of that.
That's not filler scene.
Android 8 and Suno are seen in the manga, when they help Goku with their energy to use against Kid Buu. Source: http://i.imgur.com/fMyhY1e.jpg.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun May 22, 2016 2:24 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:
Fuck Starrcade 86'
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Sun May 22, 2016 3:16 am

Vince Russo : Greatest mind in the history of the business.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue May 24, 2016 4:32 pm

Cell if he wouldn't steal Frieza's Golden form. He's already a Super Saiyan 2, isn't he?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Akira
Regular

Post by Akira » Tue May 24, 2016 10:21 pm

In the recent Super episodes, Goku is shopping for Chi-chi with a grocery list and falls out of the sky, due to weakened ki. It seems Super Saiyan Blue + Kaio-ken x10 wrecked him pretty badly. I thought for sure there was an opening to have him call kinto'un again, if only temporarily. Alas, we still haven't seen the little cloud of joy since Gohan used it to travel to high school at the beginning of the Buu arc in Z.

It was a fairly telling moment, during the original battle with Vegeta, when Goku finally put two and two together, and realized that he himself was the Oozaru who stomped Son Gohan to death prior to the beginning of the series. He vowed to apologize if he ever saw him again. We got that Anime filler after the 23rd Budokai where Goku introduced Chi-chi to him at the gateway between earth and the afterlife, but he has never been seen since. With all the time between the Cell Games and the Saiyaman introduction, I thought for sure Goku would run into him at the afterlife tournament, or maybe visit him during this time. (At least that's what I was hoping would happen many, many moons ago when I first watched that portion on fansubbed VHS.) So yeah, I'm not sure how they would write it in at this point, but I'd like to see Son Gohan again.

Mr. Popo, we haven't seen him in ages, and I've always thought he was pretty cool. He ate the Kamehameha and dodged Ryu-ken way back when Goku first tried to fight him. We got the cool scenes prior to leaving for Namek where he whisked Bulma away on his magic carpet to Yunzabit to find Kami's spaceship, and that was pretty cool too, but besides prepping the room of Spirit and Time in the Cell arc, there hasn't been much Popo love in recent material, and he's fallen into the background, and then into obscurity.

What ever happened to the Nyoi-bo? One would think that it was left connecting Korin Tower to Guardian's Lookout, but Goku clearly had it with him when he arrived and greeted the others at the 23rd World Tournament. I think it would be cool if they came up with some excuse for him to use it again. In many places in Z series it is seen still connecting the two locations. This probably is a true case of "Toriyama-Sensei forgot".

Of course Lunch, who didn't love the antics that ensued whenever she sneezed?
"Of" =/= "Have"

Contractions:
-Should have = Should've
-Could have = Could've
-Would have = Would've

The heck does "should of" even mean anyway? Think about what those two words mean individually, and then try to read them back to back in a sentence and make sense of it. Are you forming a prepositional phrase, is "should" a part of a larger grouping, or are you just typing random words based on how you think you hear them used verbally? Perhaps take a moment to contemplate this, and see if it becomes as mind jarring for you to look at as it does for me..

Eradicatethesaiyans

Post by Eradicatethesaiyans » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:40 pm

I'd actually like to see Uub/Oob come back. I didn't really like him much at first, but it would be pretty cool to see how Toriyama changes his character from how he was in GT.
Majin Buu: So, hotshot, you want to fight Majin Buu?
Gohan: Fight you? No. I want to kill you.

Gohan: Now I'll show you why my little brother looks up to me.
Majin Buu: He doesn't. In fact, he wonders why you let me absorb him.

Future Gohan: You cannot gain without first suffering the pain of loss.

Gohan: 16, you loved life. You gave everything up to save it. And you were just an Android. I let you die...I can't do that...I won't watch anymore. I...I feel it slipping. And I won't watch this anymore!

Goku: Gohan! You've got to take Cell down now before he can regenerate!
Gohan: Take him down now? No, I think I'll wait. I'm going to let him suffer for a little while.

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:06 pm

Eradicatethesaiyans wrote:I'd actually like to see Uub/Oob come back. I didn't really like him much at first, but it would be pretty cool to see how Toriyama changes his character from how he was in GT.
I wouldn't mind that at all. In GT he wasn't too bad. He was one of the few characters outside of the main cast who had some will to fight in him. I liked that he wanted to fused with someone to help against Omega Shenron. It wouldn't have done much, but its the thought that counts

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:08 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:He's already a Super Saiyan 2, isn't he?
In short yeah but he says he has obtained powers like that of Son Gohan. Toriyama probably foreshadowed this with Cell vs Trunks. Cell said he can do the whole buff thing, it's a simple ki trick if you know how.

I feel, it's something anyone can do if they just know how to with their ki.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:12 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:
In short yeah but he says he has obtained powers like that of Son Gohan. Toriyama probably foreshadowed this with Cell vs Trunks. Cell said he can do the whole buff thing, it's a simple ki trick if you know how.

Didn't Toriyama say that Ssj2 and Ssj3 are just powered up version of the base Ssj Form? If he did, then that basically places them in the same category as the ascended forms. Makes even more sense that Cell could "Power up like Son Gohan"

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:22 pm

MadSaiyantist wrote:
Captain Strawberry wrote:

Didn't Toriyama say that Ssj2 and Ssj3 are just powered up version of the base Ssj Form? If he did, then that basically places them in the same category as the ascended forms. Makes even more sense that Cell could "Power up like Son Gohan"
Pretty much because Super Saiyajin 2 is still Saiyajin 1 but the more appropriate name is Super Saiyajin grade 5. SSJ2 is called 2 because it is the heir & successor of SSJ so it has a worthy title.

So in short, SSJ2 is just grade 5. More powered up.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Scarlet Spider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scarlet Spider » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:51 pm

Grandma Gine.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:24 pm

Scarlet Spider wrote:Grandma Gine.
Dead.

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:48 pm

Torbie

Hands down bring this guy into the mix.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:44 pm

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:50 am

Kinda want to see Super Buu again (maybe as a personality inside Mr. Buu? Though that presupposes that Mr. Buu's existence will even be acknowledged by the new material), even if his creation is effectively impossible, because I like him and he's the only villain who doesn't get boatloads of post-arc material like fillers and what-if video game stories.

Maybe that's for the best, though, considering how Freeza and Cell tend to fare.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:56 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Kinda want to see Super Buu again (maybe as a personality inside Mr. Buu? Though that presupposes that Mr. Buu's existence will even be acknowledged by the new material), even if his creation is effectively impossible, because I like him and he's the only villain who doesn't get boatloads of post-arc material like fillers and what-if video game stories.

Maybe that's for the best, though, considering how Freeza and Cell tend to fare.
I always thought it would have been kinda cool if Buu had absorbed Gohan (consensually) to pass the test for the U6 Tournament, and then we got to see the return of Buuhan.