GT Perfect Files + Shadow Dragons info?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

GT Perfect Files + Shadow Dragons info?

Post by successoroffate » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:18 pm

Before I get into this, I just want to say that I'm aware of Herms translation of the files and I'm not here to criticize any of his work (If anything I am grateful he did it). But, I was googling around and I found what seems to be a really old DB website and within such website, there seems to be a translation (not sure if it's accurate) of the Perfect Files. After reading it, I found some information that I personally wasn't aware of. To be completely honest, I am not taking this as an accurate translation but it really got me thinking. So, let's start:

Evil Dragons
For a long time, the original Dragon Balls were used no more than once in a hundred years. But, with the advent of Gokuu and friends, Shenlon has been summoned countless times over the last 50 years. This has caused a build up of negative energy within the Dragon Balls. Pretty soon, the Balls will crack open and release that energy. The negative energy will then attract 7 evil Dragons from a neighboring galaxy. Each Dragon has a DB somewhere within its body, and is named after their corresponding Dragon Ball's true name. That is, the Dragon with the #2 Ball is called "Ryan-Shinlon."

Neighboring galaxy?? I always thought the DBs created the Shadow Dragons and they didn't existed before. This is actually kind of cool to know (if true).

Notes Concerning Tsufuru-jin
Planet Plant has a gravity ten times heavier than Earth's. Because of this, the Tsufuru-jin do not grow very tall. Most of them do not get much taller than Gokuu is as a child. (Note that when Baby had Shenlon create planet Tsufuru, the gravity was kept at Earth-normal.)

Again, the Tsufuru-Jin being short, I was never aware of this, Not sure if they mentioned anything about the gravity on any of the episodes though.

Why did the staff create SSJ4?
(Roughly) To have something more powerful than Baby, which was supposed to be more powerful than any Saiya-jin or Tsufuru-jin. So, the staff said, "Let's do SSJ4!" Further, they decided to tie this in to "the Legendary once in a thousand years Super Saiya-jin" concept. Which led to Gokuu being given a red body instead of the normal golden one.

The "Legendary Super Saiya-jin" was supposedly something that only came around once every 1000 years. But, in the manga and TV series, Trunks, Gokuu, Gohan, Goten, and Vejiita can all go to Super Saiya-jin 1. Gokuu and Gotenks (the Fusion of Goten and Trunks) have gone SSJ3. The Perfect File authors (and V-Jump magazine) hint that because so many people have gone SSJ, it can't be the TRUE "Super Saiya-jin" mode described in the legend. And therefore, Brolii from the movies has no claim to the title of "THE Legendary Super Saiya-jin". Instead, Gokuu's success at becoming the strongest Saiya-jin of all, with the Super Gokuu 4 form, makes him arguably the TRUE "Legendary Super Saiya-jin."

So, is this where the theory about the Legendary SSJ and SSJ 4 connection comes from? It seems we almost got a Gold SSJ 4.

Notes Concerning the Show Itself
The opening credit sequences are based on the image drawings that Akira Toriyama and the Toei Studio staff created to show the animators what the DBGT universe should look and feel like. After the scriptwriters wrote the first five episodes, the artists drew up the opening credits.

I don't know if this is the way it's supposed to go (writing the episodes first and then drawing the opening credits) but it seems it worked out for the best cause the opening does have that "Grand Tour" Feeling all over it.

Here's the Website:
http://tsoj.manga.org/db/dbgtperf.html

If these are old news then feel free to disregard and I apologize in advance.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Re: GT Perfect Files + Shadow Dragons info?

Post by Herms » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:18 am

successoroffate wrote:Neighboring galaxy?? I always thought the DBs created the Shadow Dragons and they didn't existed before. This is actually kind of cool to know (if true).
It's a complete mistranslation. What's actually said in Japanese is that the Minus Energy will turn into evil dragons who will destroy the galaxy.
Again, the Tsufuru-Jin being short, I was never aware of this, Not sure if they mentioned anything about the gravity on any of the episodes though.
Them being short due to the planet's high gravity is mentioned in DBZ episode 20.
I don't know if this is the way it's supposed to go (writing the episodes first and then drawing the opening credits) but it seems it worked out for the best cause the opening does have that "Grand Tour" Feeling all over it.
Toriyama's contributions to GT are fully outlined on this page.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:51 pm

Herms wrote:
successoroffate wrote:Neighboring galaxy?? I always thought the DBs created the Shadow Dragons and they didn't existed before. This is actually kind of cool to know (if true).
It's a complete mistranslation. What's actually said in Japanese is that the Minus Energy will turn into evil dragons who will destroy the galaxy.
Them being short due to the planet's high gravity is mentioned in DBZ episode 20.
Thank you! And sorry for the misunderstanding.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

generalred3
Not-So-Newbie

Post by generalred3 » Tue May 10, 2016 10:46 am

Extremely interesting information. I always find this type of GT behind the scenes information really cool because I don't know much about it. I always wanted to know why they chose the design they went with for SSJ4 and so on. Good find, thanks!

Huzy123

Post by Huzy123 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:52 am

Herms wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:18 am
What about the section saying why the staff created SS4? Is that a mistranslation too?