Does Son Gokuu Use/Own a Wallet?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Does Son Gokuu Use/Own a Wallet?

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 15, 2016 1:48 pm

Gokuu and Vegeta don't really seem like the sort to have a wallet, yet we know Gokuu has a friver's license. At the same time he really is not the sort to carry around photos or money, so I have to wonder if he has a wallet. In fact, did his license expire while he was dead?

Gohan seems like the sort to have a wallet. I bet it is brown. Conservative and not noisy.
Last edited by JulieYBM on Sun May 15, 2016 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Ryuman
Regular

Re: Does Son Gokuu have a wallet?

Post by Ryuman » Sun May 15, 2016 7:12 pm

Do they even have pockets in their regular outfits? I guess Goku would tuck it into his shirt or belt if he had one...

Either way, I don't think he needs one. There's nothing important he would care to carry around.

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Sun May 15, 2016 7:15 pm

A very important question you'd see Toriyama answer in the olden days of his Q&As at the end of volumes.

I personally think Goku has a wallet. His gi doesn't seem like a safe place to stow away straight-up cash money due to there being no pockets. Gohan likely helped him get a credit card and a bank account for the money Mr. Satan gave to the Son family. We honestly don't know much about Goku's thought process on buying things he wants because he isn't very materialistic, even as an adult. His attitude towards buying a special wallet, however, would likely be "I don't really care... It's just a place to put money, ain't it?!"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 15, 2016 7:19 pm

If Goku did have a wallet, where would he even keep it? Hi gi has no pockets.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun May 15, 2016 7:21 pm

Wallet? To hold what money? Driver's License? He'll only need it when he's driving-which he doesn't do. Pictures? If he wants to see somebody, he'll just go see them.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sun May 15, 2016 8:02 pm

I think chi chi has a wallet not goku. She probably just hands him money when she sends him to buy something. I also think the reason goku gave up driving is because of giving the license test again.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun May 15, 2016 9:56 pm

Hmm...I think I'd have to side with Sodhi and say that Chi Chi is probably the one that has a wallet. Chi Chi probably also likely went and took a driver's test herself at some point after Goku was dead for the second time, thus Goku never had to bother with it again.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 15, 2016 10:03 pm

I agree, I think Chi-Chi would handle the money issues. That being said, Gokuu went shopping in Dragon Ball Super Episode #43...how did he pay? Cash, debit or credit? Is Chi-Chi the sort to use credit when she has money? She seems awful proud. I bet Gokuu bought witha debit card. By storing money in a bank or credit union the frugal Chi-Chi can build interest, increasing her savings. So, Gokuu used a debit card...but does he store itin a wallet or does he store it in his dougi loosely?

It's a difficult question. He does seem like the sort to find it a bother.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon May 16, 2016 1:31 am

Lord Beerus wrote:If Goku did have a wallet, where would he even keep it? Hi gi has no pockets.
The same place he kept those senzu in BoG(look up Bubbles giving Goku a senzu after the clash with Beerus on Kaio's planet).

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Mon May 16, 2016 2:44 am

Lord Beerus wrote:If Goku did have a wallet, where would he even keep it? Hi gi has no pockets.
Maybe his gi has hidden pockets on the inside, like a jacket.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Re: Does Son Gokuu Use/Own a Wallet?

Post by Hitiro » Mon May 16, 2016 3:19 pm

Does Goku need a Wallet? He could just Shunkan-Idou back to the house and pick up the money then come back. :lol: