How did Majin Buu copy Vegeta's technique?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragonballer
Beyond Newbie

How did Majin Buu copy Vegeta's technique?

Post by dragonballer » Tue May 31, 2016 11:15 pm

i was reading ssj3 goku vs fat buu and i realised something strange. goku said majin buu copied vegeta's technique,but i don't remember vegeta showing that technique in front of buu.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: how did majin buu copied vegeta's technique ?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:57 am

It's a plot hole. Toriyama forgot that when he wrote that scene.

If you want a strictly in-universe answer though, I suppose you could say that Goku was wrong about it being Vegeta's technique and it was just a similar ki-blast-spam attack.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:21 am

This just shows how creative Vegeta's techniques are.

But yeah, it's just a weird line. I still wonder how Vegito knew the Ghost Kamikaze was Gotenks' technique.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:49 am

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:But yeah, it's just a weird line. I still wonder how Vegito knew the Ghost Kamikaze was Gotenks' technique.
At least that scene was filler.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:36 am

As far as I know it's not filler. What Goku's talking about is the ki barrage Buu used. People forget that's mainly Vegata's thing, yes other members of the caste use it now and again but it is a part of his fighting style.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:47 am

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:But yeah, it's just a weird line. I still wonder how Vegito knew the Ghost Kamikaze was Gotenks' technique.
Didn't Goku watch the Gotenks fight from heaven?
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:41 am

Kid Buu wrote:
Didn't Goku watch the Gotenks fight from heaven?
He only saw the fight after they left RoSaT and Gotenks only used the ghosts inside of it.
In the anime Gotenks uses it twice outside RoSaT and Gotenks-Buu also uses it against Gohan.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:59 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:It's a plot hole. Toriyama forgot that when he wrote that scene.

If you want a strictly in-universe answer though, I suppose you could say that Goku was wrong about it being Vegeta's technique and it was just a similar ki-blast-spam attack.
Well, it's not like the entire fight is shown on-panel. We don't see every punch or anything. In-universe, he used it off-panel.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:12 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:It's a plot hole. Toriyama forgot that when he wrote that scene.

Well, it's not like the entire fight is shown on-panel. We don't see every punch or anything. In-universe, he used it off-panel.
Eh, I'd rather just call it a small plot hole. The alternative is to assume Vegeta used a ki-spamming attack on Goku...which happened off panel, and then Vegeta used the same ki-spamming attack again on Boo...which also happened off panel. And the kicker is that it's not like this was some kind of unique-looking attack. It was just a flurry of ki blasts, which anyone and everyone can do.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Re: How did Majin Buu copy Vegeta's technique?

Post by Darkprince410 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:47 pm

I personally find it more bizarre that Goku would even make a big deal of it anyway. We've several fighters, Goku included, using the same "rapid fire" sort of attack before, and it's not like the blasts themselves were anything beyond just regular ki blasts, so it seems strange to me that he'd seemingly make a big deal of Buu using "Vegeta's attack" when it was never anything remotely special or unique to him anyway. Sure, he resorted to it a bit more often than others, but it was hardly anything like a signature move.