What if Kami Trained

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Krillin1994
Regular

What if Kami Trained

Post by Krillin1994 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:03 am

In the events leading up to Piccolo merging with Kami, surely his gains would have been far superior if Kami had strengthened himself up.

Kami essentially knew from piccolo's saiyan arc sacrifice that he would eventually merge with piccolo once more, so why didn't he prepare for that by training so the resultant nameless namek would be stronger?

He seemed to be aware of cell before other people, heck as guardian of the Earth he could have prevented this from happening if he spent some time inside the time chamber instead of sitting until he chose to merge with piccolo.

People say that Vegeta is stupid in this arc and all of the heroes are. But the actual guardian of the Earth could have made piccolo strong enough to destroy cell in his first encounter, or even if not due to Cell's regeneration he could have made piccolo strong enough to destroy 17.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Re: What if Kami Trained

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:08 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:In the events leading up to Piccolo merging with Kami, surely his gains would have been far superior if Kami had strengthened himself up.

Kami essentially knew from piccolo's saiyan arc sacrifice that he would eventually merge with piccolo once more, so why didn't he prepare for that by training so the resultant nameless namek would be stronger?

He seemed to be aware of cell before other people, heck as guardian of the Earth he could have prevented this from happening if he spent some time inside the time chamber instead of sitting until he chose to merge with piccolo.

People say that Vegeta is stupid in this arc and all of the heroes are. But the actual guardian of the Earth could have made piccolo strong enough to destroy cell in his first encounter, or even if not due to Cell's regeneration he could have made piccolo strong enough to destroy 17.
The issue with kami was he was really really old. And from what I believe he was a dragon type while piccolo sr was the fighting side of him. Yes he fought in dragon ball but relied on his actual power. He could have trained if be used the dragon balls to make himself younger or had asked for immortality ages before. I mean hypothetically if he did train as was young. at the prime of his life he might have been around piccolo's power level during namaek after merging with nail. Then yah they would have gave piccolo a greater boost. Because kami wss around 200-400 power level. If he was in the couple thousands or hell a couple million. Piccolo might have been strong enough to go against perfect cell or maybe (very unlikely majin buu)

DanielSSJ
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:05 am

I'm not sure how powerful Kami would've become if he had trained, but I imagine that he'd only reach a couple thousand at best, because A) he's a Dragon Type Namekian, not a Warrior Type like Piccolo Jr., and B) He was really old, so I think that his power would've grown much more slowly and gradually that if he was still in his prime.

Besides, there's still the idea that merging together would only double their power, based on how the Grand Elder said that Kami halved his power when he split in two, so it might not have mattered at all.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:42 am

I think the idea that fusing with Kami would only double Piccolo's power regardless of how strong Piccolo was at the time is pretty unfounded, and it really doesn't make much sense if you think about it. Remember that there's also comments that if Piccolo had reunited with Kami, then he'd never be defeated by an ordinary Saiyan (it'd have to be a Super Saiyan) and he'd even be able to stand up to Freeza (first form, presumably? but still pretty damn impressive considering that the Piccolo who arrived on Namek couldn't have been any higher than the ten-thousands.) Heck, the Namekian elder might have been able to see some of the power Freeza was hiding in his upper forms (this is the "bring out dormant power" guy after all -- if he can draw hidden power out, he ought to be able to sense what's there, too), so it's possible he meant that Namek-era Piccolo could've been in the millions if he had fused with Kami beforehand. Which would make sense, considering that the Piccolo/Kami reunion is always considered to be a bigger thing than fusing with Nail was and even just fusing with Nail brought him over the 1 million mark. It'd be a little odd if the fusion that's supposed to be "the big one" for Piccolo actually gave Piccolo way less power than just finding some random strong guy and fusing with him.

But yeah... fusing with Kami doesn't seem to be a "set multiplier" thing for Piccolo. Fusion period doesn't seem to be a set multiplier for anybody, really. Maybe it roughly doubled his power in the Android/Cell saga time period when he'd already grown super powerful on his own, but I suspect the boost would've been a lot larger if the gap between his and Kami's power wasn't so big at the time they fused. It would have to be a lot more than just a 2x boost to raise him up from "over 3000, maybe stronger than Nail but maybe not" to "so strong he could fight (first form? second form? third form??) Freeza."

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:03 am

I really find Kami's character to be more stupid in this arc than I thought really.

He was very reckless in leaving Earth without a Guardian.
He was reckless leaving Earth without Dragonballs, (I had always assumed the nameless namekian would be able to)

If he knew that he would need to fuse with Piccolo he could have trained, or during the three years of peace he could have wished himself younger so his strength would skyrocket.

He waits almost a whole day to fuse with Piccolo allowing Cell to get even stronger. (Piccolo may have been able to win if he met Cell sooner)

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:26 pm

Kami was too old , far from his peak . King Piccolo was much younger than him yet lost most of his strength he had at his prime . I doubt he could ever come close to Sayain saga Piccolo , even if he trained for all hisv life .