I want YOUR opinion of the Two-Base Theory

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EmmaWinters

Re: I want YOUR opinion of the Two-Base Theory

Post by EmmaWinters » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:02 pm

brett wheeler wrote:
Ajay wrote:Brett Wheeler, while I'm sure you have interesting things to contribute to this forum, many of your posts (including the ones in this thread) are borderline incomprehensible.

Proper capitalisation, comma usage, and previewing your posts prior to submission will go a long way in tidying up your posts, and helping others understand what you're trying to say.

If English isn't your native language, then by all means let us know as we are lenient in that regard, but otherwise please rereview the forum rules -- in particular rule #2 -- before posting again.

Thanks! :thumbup:
English is my native language, I just have problems with sentence structure. I'm sorry, I will try to fix it. I just have never been good at it and end up making more mistakes than needed trying to, but I will try to fix it. Thanks, and again, sorry.
It's okay, not everyone can be a great writer. Even so, please try to adhere to the fundamentals of grammar. As Ajay mentioned, checking your posts for spelling and punctuation issues before you comment will make a world of difference.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:16 pm

Bullza wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
Bullza wrote:The entire theory is complete nonsense. There's nothing to support it at all and the only reason such a theory exists is so fans can have an excuse for why some characters are stronger than they think they should logically be.
What about Gohan [Cell Games] > Gohan [Black Goku arc] ~ Piccolo ~ base Goku > SS3 Gotenks apparently now being a thing?
What makes you think that? Goku is stronger than any of those guys.

More like Base Goku > SSJ3 Gotenks > Base Gohan (RoF arc) > Piccolo = Base Gohan (U6 arc) > Base Gohan (Black arc)
A tired Frost was stronger than base Vegeta and not several dimensions above Piccolo, and Goku thought he and Piccolo could have a good contest in seeing who could harvest better, so it's implied that, at least, Piccolo is pretty close in power to base Goku/Vegeta.

Piccolo is weaker than Gohan. Gohan is stated to have gotten back to training so he wouldn't be quite as useless, there's no reason to assume he stopped and regressed from where he was in the U6 arc.

Gohan is weaker than he was at the Cell Games.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:59 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:
MaxZ wrote:I believe that the ability to "keep your ki from leaking out" can be turned on and off, resulting in wildly different power levels in base form.
The problem is that when you don't let your ki leak out none can sense your ki. Goku's ki (vs. Freeza) could be sensed.
Has the Ki leaking thing even been referenced lately or did that go the way of the dodo and get retconned like the 6-10-15 scale? I ask because it doesn't functionally make much sense nor is it explain as others have pointed out with the crazy aura. Also does that mean SSG also doesn't leak ki naturally?
Whis says Goku and Vegeta must power-up while not letting their ki leak out, that's when they first sensed their own god ki. Also, when they train in Whis' staff they can only move in god ki dimension using this principle. So, there should be two types of ki, one which they don't leak out and the god ki.

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:07 pm

EmmaWinters wrote:
brett wheeler wrote:
Ajay wrote:Brett Wheeler, while I'm sure you have interesting things to contribute to this forum, many of your posts (including the ones in this thread) are borderline incomprehensible.

Proper capitalisation, comma usage, and previewing your posts prior to submission will go a long way in tidying up your posts, and helping others understand what you're trying to say.

If English isn't your native language, then by all means let us know as we are lenient in that regard, but otherwise please rereview the forum rules -- in particular rule #2 -- before posting again.

Thanks! :thumbup:
English is my native language, I just have problems with sentence structure. I'm sorry, I will try to fix it. I just have never been good at it and end up making more mistakes than needed trying to, but I will try to fix it. Thanks, and again, sorry.
It's okay, not everyone can be a great writer. Even so, please try to adhere to the fundamentals of grammar. As Ajay mentioned, checking your posts for spelling and punctuation issues before you comment will make a world of difference.
OK I will try, punctuation isn't really my strong suit where I don't know where to stop in sentences but I will try my best. As for grammar, I can use auto correct if I have to much trouble with that. So again sorry and thank you for not getting mad

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:38 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:A tired Frost was stronger than base Vegeta and not several dimensions above Piccolo, and Goku thought he and Piccolo could have a good contest in seeing who could harvest better, so it's implied that, at least, Piccolo is pretty close in power to base Goku/Vegeta.

Piccolo is weaker than Gohan. Gohan is stated to have gotten back to training so he wouldn't be quite as useless, there's no reason to assume he stopped and regressed from where he was in the U6 arc.

Frost could have still been above Vegeta who could be above Piccolo. A couple days prior to the Tournament Piccolo was shown to be on par with Gohan who was likely weaker than the Gohan who was on par with Tagoma. Vegeta defeated Tagoma easily.

I don't think the Harvest scene means too much. Wasn't he going to have a competition with Goten too?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:40 pm

Just so you guys know, this isn't exactly relevant to the two-base theory.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:49 pm

I don't want to act like a moderator when it isn't my place, but my thread seems to have divulged into a debate rather than each person stating their personal opinions. I really was hoping this wouldn't happen. If everyone could please respect the focus of the topic it would go a long way.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:56 pm

As an actual moderator, I concur. This isn't meant to be a debate thread. We have another thread in the Super section entirely dedicated to discussion about the incomprehensible mess that is the series' power levels.

On another note... oy vey, the "two-base" theory itself is still getting a lot of blunt and borderline hostile dismissal in the thread. I really don't get it. It's just a fan-theory, and there's always going to be a lot of those when a story like Super leaves people with so many gaps in logic and unanswered questions.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:19 pm

It's a nice theory, but I simply don't agree with it. I just choose to follow the idea that the enemies are much stronger than before instead. Its natural Dragon Ball progression.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:36 pm

Bullza wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:A tired Frost was stronger than base Vegeta and not several dimensions above Piccolo, and Goku thought he and Piccolo could have a good contest in seeing who could harvest better, so it's implied that, at least, Piccolo is pretty close in power to base Goku/Vegeta.

Frost could have still been above Vegeta who could be above Piccolo.
Yes. But Piccolo is not extremely far off, otherwise that fight wouldn't have lasted five seconds. It would be like Vegeta vs Frost.
A couple days prior to the Tournament Piccolo was shown to be on par with Gohan who was likely weaker than the Gohan who was on par with Tagoma.
No. He resolved to not slack off at the end of the ROF arc, so if anything he should be stronger.

Gohan [Cell Games] >>> Gohan [Black] >= Piccolo ~ Gohan [U6] > Gohan [ROF]
I don't think the Harvest scene means too much. Wasn't he going to have a competition with Goten too?
He wanted to have Goten help, but he didn't say that he and Goten would have a close contest like him and Piccolo.
Anime Kitten wrote:Just so you guys know, this isn't exactly relevant to the two-base theory.
It seems pretty relevant, as without the "theory", the scene in question is an explicit contradiction. Gohan at the Cell Games is pretty much confirmed as stronger than Piccolo, and Piccolo was pretty much confirmed as being around base Goku and Vegeta. Not that this would be Super's only contradiction or anything.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:43 pm

What says that tired Frost is stronger than Base Vegeta?

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:49 pm

Analytic wrote:What says that tired Frost is stronger than Base Vegeta?
Vegeta going SSJ, otherwise why not just fight in base?

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:55 pm

TheMikado wrote:
Perhaps it wouldn't be an easy fight and he just wanted to end it instantaneously and overwhelmingly?

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:33 pm

Analytic wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Perhaps it wouldn't be an easy fight and he just wanted to end it instantaneously and overwhelmingly?
Which doesn't make sense in the context of the next fight against Magetta when going SSB would have done the same thing in effect rather than leaving him exhausted.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:16 pm

Weren't both Goku and Vegeta saving Super Saiyan Blue for Hit? Let's not forget that this is a competition for the warriors. Barring a few exceptions, there's no fun in the participants instantly ending battles to some people's chagrin. However, as I point that out, maybe a new thread should be created. ChiefWamsutta only wanted individual opinions in this thread, not a debate.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:36 pm

The topic creator and Kaboom have both reminded everyone not to turn this thread into a debate. I don't want hand out warnings for something as tame as this, so one more free reminder to keep things on topic. If you want to continue to debate strengths/battle powers, take it to the appropriate thread.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:47 pm

What if instead of two, there was a whole range that we could consider their base? Think of it like this: when Goku turns SSJ, he could have 50x his battle power, so why not stick to 40x and remain in his regular state? Since I had depicted Gohan's Ultimate form as containing the power of SSJ and SSJ2, which were switched out for his regular looking form, then Goku would do the same with his God power. The old transformations would be shortcuts for when they are purposely lowering their power, like Cell used the equivalent of Grade II against Trunks when he had access to his full power without deformation.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:09 pm

I rewatched a part of ep27 (no, not the part of Vegeta punching Freeza into the ground) and when Roshi said "Vegeta also reached Ssjg", Goku replied back by saying he did it on his own so what if the Blue form isn't Ssj with god Ki but is Ssjg but instead of red hair it's blue due to the user reaching it on their own ? that would explain why they're able to still use normal Ssj even though they can use blue which we thought was normal Ssj but with blue hair due to their Ki.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Personally, I don't like the theory because it doesn't make much sense. If they had a second type of base form, the "saiyan beyond god" form that was actually stronger than ssj3, why wouldn't they use it instead of the super saiyan forms, considering it would (probably) be less energy consuming? I think the term "saiyan beyond god" applies to, upon his training with Whis, a saiyan that improved his ki by either tapping into godly ki (upon transforming) and absorbing part of said ki (I defend a similar process for the super saiyan forms), and/or by refining and building his ki. The question that I need to be answered is whether Vegeta can turn into super saiyan god/red or not. If he can, then that's their second base.

As for the Goku vs Trunks spar... it wasn't much of a spar: Goku just showed his transformations and 1-shot Trunks. Trunks said his ssj3 form was more than enough for Black. Goku just used regular ssj against the latter and after the fight, Trunks said Black was a little stronger than in the future. I perceive that goku was holding back with those transformations against Trunks.

In the end, I think it's just good old holding back or supressing on their base forms but, back to the universe 6 fighters, I admit it's odd having Goku and Vegeta turn ssj when they technically should be able to 1-shot them (except Hit) so for now I have no explanation for that other than saying they were purposedly holding back to keep the full extent of their power a mystery for Hit.

On a side note, it would have been better if before the tournament Piccolo and Buu were trained by Whis and the universe 6 guys trained by Vados. Now that would have been something, if not only to make Piccolo much stronger.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:02 pm

Rubens wrote:The question that I need to be answered is whether Vegeta can turn into super saiyan god/red or not. If he can, then that's their second base.
Vegeta has achieved the power of a God through training, but he doesn't have the SSJG form, while Goku's power was stretched by it. Basically, it's a parallel to Kaioken, which was part of Goku's arsenal before the two of them got SSJ. Our only mistake was to label their power "God Ki", as if it held a different signature like Dende or Kaioshin's. Nitpicking aside, I believe that when they can't be sensed by others, it's only their battle power reaching an "infinite" amount, as if you were asked to grasp the size of an universe. Freeza was able to tell, because he was high enough to understand that quantity, along with Beerus and Whis.