Can Whis/Vados use warp speed in battle ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Can Whis/Vados use warp speed in battle ?

Post by flashback0180 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:52 am

In the games it's mentioned as a transportation technique like instant transmission. But can they use it to speed blitz characters ?

Reviewing the previous DBS episodes whis appears to be very mobile and flexible using it.

Saiyan007
Regular

Re: Can Whis/Vados use warp speed in battle ?

Post by Saiyan007 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:50 pm

Well we know he needs crazy reactions to use that thing seeing as he can see spot things while he's at speeds far faster than the speed of light.

Whis also said he's the fastest in the universe and seeing as how Beerus flew from his temple and into another solar system by himself in a couple of seconds (a FTL feat) I don't see why Whis can't just blitz people.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:09 pm

Shhh before people bring science into this. lol

And before we get Flash analogies of Flash concentrating enough speed to deal a good amount of force to BAAAM.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:22 pm

Whis is strong enough to karate-chop the God of Destruction into unconsciousness with apparently little effort. Unless he's fighting Vados or someone equally powerful, the gap in power (not to mention skill! there's the whole "moving without thinking" thing involved, too) is going to be so huge that he can basically do whatever the heck he wants. XD

And as far as comparing it to Instant Transmission goes, well... Goku used that in battle pretty effectively against Cell (and didn't he use it against Beerus too in at least one version of their fight?), so I don't see why Whis would be unable to use his fast-movement technique in battle if he wanted/needed to.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:22 am

Who knows? We have to actually see them fight first. From the way it seems to work I doubt it would be that useful though, unless they use it to gain some distance on their opponent and counterattack.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147