SSJ3 Goku Vs Mystic Gohan-A new viewpoint.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

SSJ3 Goku Vs Mystic Gohan-A new viewpoint.

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:39 pm

I see a lot of people say either Goku>Gohan or Gohan>Goku. Some, to a lesser extent just say they're both ssj3 tier and equal...I...I have a fourth viewpoint. One I think is at least worth sharing.

To recap the two sides arguments-

Gohan is stronger side-

1. Gohan beat up Super buu, and Goku said he'd lose to Super Buu when they left his body.

2. goku didn't kill fat buu

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goku's Stronger side-

1. Gohan's ki wasn't enough to make the spirit bomb kill kid buu

2. Gohan wasn't sent to kill kid buu when revived

3. goku + vegeta was beating up gohan+buucollo.

4. goku beat up gohan's exact copy while in buu's head

Now for my viewpoint. it's too inconsistant to call! Whichever side was meant to be right, Toei made errors...as did the manga which they had to copy from.

Announcer- Kid buu's the strongest!

Supreme kai-kid buu's the strongest!(not talking about dub line)

Goku-Gohan's stronger then buu.(later) Vegeta we can't beat buu!

it doesn't add up to each other. Something has to be wrong. So where does this lead? Well....-

Either one could be right, or they both are. But the evidence is so unclear and strong for both sides thanks to plot hoels that you can't really blame people for believing one side over the other. I mean

Why would kid buu, the final villain for the series not be the strongest buu? That makes no sense -_- (That's a good point)

Why would Goku say He'd lose to super buu if he was above Super Buu? (Another good point)

Both sides have merits. That what I say. I chosen one over the other, but I won't say it because that kills the whole point of this.

So my opinion is they made this so unclear (to the point people argue like children years later) that it's up to interpretation.

Maybe Goku saying he'd lose to buu was a plot hole, maybe the announcer saying kid buu is above super buuhan that was a plot hole. Maybe the spirit bomb SHOULD HAVE beaten buu when gohan gave his ki. Maybe goku could have beaten buuhan if he went ssj3.

As ridiculous as you may find another's sides or points they're still dragonball fans right? maybe just realize it's pointless cycle with this argument. This isn't going to end the debate,but I thought it was a neat viewpoint. Please don't come in hear and say "this is wrong because this guidebook or interview says blank"
I just want to have a more relaxed talk on this that doesn't have to get heated with 6 paragraphs on why 1 fictional dude is stronger then the other. I don't agree with the other side (won't say what side it is) but I get where they're coming from. I doubt Toriyama even remembers who was stronger. He may have forgotten or changed is mind partway through.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: SSJ3 Goku Vs Mystic Gohan-A new viewpoint.

Post by Rubens » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:38 pm

Ok, just to clear this one up:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:4. goku beat up gohan's exact copy while in buu's head
Goku beating Gohan's copy, as Vegeta holding his own vs ssj3 Gotenks and Piccolo... it's 100% filler. But without the filler excuse, let's say they were just copies, so not as strong as the originals - either way, let's not take that seriously.
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:Maybe Goku saying he'd lose to buu was a plot hole, maybe the announcer saying kid buu is above super buuhan that was a plot hole.
That's a dub thing and makes absolutly no sense, I mean, superior to Buuhan, the strongest "djinn" to ever exist? No way.

Anyway, I'll provide my point of view regarding Boo.
What is still ambiguous is the term used by the elder Kaioshin to define Boo, but most sources agree that he means "pure" Boo (kid) to be the most dangerous, not necessarily the strongest; and there has to be a reason for the author to keep Gohan away from the final battle. Summing it up:

- Pure/"kid" Boo: stronger than the first majin Boo (the fat one summoned by Babidi), but apparently weaker than Evil/"super" Boo in terms of raw power; he is higly unpredictable and regenerates himself at will, even from scratch, and he's also very malleable with is own body. He is also very smart, even if he doesn't speak.

- Evil/"super" Boo: possibly the strongest in raw power, but has limited regeneration abilities - he constantly prefers to gather his severed body parts to regenerate over creating new matter, which drains his stamina; that is depicted against Vegetto, who pulverizes Boo's tentacle and the later makes a bit of effort to restore his. Without absortions, he isn't very smart although he can sense ki. He's refered in the manga as the one with a "body perfectly suited for battle".

Now Goku and Gohan.
Both in the manga and anime, against Pure/"kid" Boo, Goku consistently says he can't reach his full power otherwise he would be able to beat Boo. From there, I assume he wasn't all full power either against fat Majin Boo, who he flat out stated that he "probably could've beaten him". But at no point, at least in the manga, Goku manifests no interest about fighting Evil/"super" Boo 1 on 1 and he's always desperate to fuse when he has to fight him. Even when Bootenks reverts to Buucolo, Goku is willing to leave it for Gohan to handle him. Naturally, Gohan outclasses this version of Boo, and is still (possibly) stronger than Boo with Piccolo, Goten and Trunks absorbed.

The question is: if Goku was 100% sure he could reach his full power as ssj3, would he fight Evil/"super" Boo?

Personally, I put things like this:
- Good Boo (weakest) < Majin Vegeta = ssj2 Goku < Fat Boo < Pure/"kid" Boo = ssj3 Goku not at full power < Evil/"super" Boo < ssj3 Gotenks (slightly stronger) < "Ultimate Gohan" / full power ssj3 Goku?*

*What supports this?
- Goku claims to have attained ssj3 form recently (possibly shortly before Buu arc takes place);
- He also claims he had no problems sustaining the transformation in the afterlife, because there he had no stamina issues;
- While alive, he aknowledged he was having a hard time reaching his full power, because the form severely drained his stamina;
- In the movie Wrath of the Dragon, ssj3 Goku far outstrips Gohan and Gotenks. While it is a movie, it happens after Boo arc; it could mean he trained his form in the meantime;
- In BoG he also seems to easily turn ssj3 and shows no difficulties to sustain it, which supports the idea of him training that form after Buu arc.

My conlusion: was ssj3 Goku stronger than "Ultimate" Gohan during Buu arc? No. Hypothetically speaking, could he as/more powerful than Gohan if at full power during the same arc? Maybe.

Anyway, that's just my theory.
Last edited by Rubens on Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:40 pm

Rubens wrote:Ok, just to clear this one up:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote: 4. goku beat up gohan's exact copy while in buu's head
Goku beating Gohan's copy, as Vegeta holding his own vs ssj3 Gotenks and Piccolo... it's 100% filler. But without the filler excuse, let's say they were just copies, so not as strong as the originals - either way, let's not take that seriously.

Anyway, I'll provide my point of view regarding Boo.
What is still ambiguous is the term used by the elder Kaioshin to define Boo, but most sources agree that he means "pure" Boo (kid) to be the most dangerous, not necessarily the strongest; and there has to be a reason for the author to keep Gohan away from the final battle. Summing it up:

- Pure/"kid" Boo: stronger than the first majin Boo (the fat one summoned by Babidi), but apparently weaker than Evil/"super" Boo in terms of raw power; he is higly unpredictable and regenerates himself at will, even from scratch, and he's also very malleable with is own body. He is also very smart, even if he doesn't speak.

- Evil/"super" Boo: possibly the strongest in raw power, but has limited regeneration abilities - he constantly prefers to gather his severed body parts to regenerate over creating new matter, which drains his stamina; that is depicted against Vegetto, who pulverizes Boo's tentacle and the later makes a bit of effort to restore his. Without absortions, he isn't very smart although he can sense ki. He's refered in the manga as the one with a "body perfectly suited for battle".

Now Goku and Gohan.
Both in the manga and anime, against Pure/"kid" Boo, Goku consistently says he can't reach his full power otherwise he would be able to beat Boo. From there, I assume he wasn't all full power either against fat Majin Boo, who he flat out stated that he "probably could've beaten him". But at no point, at least in the manga, Goku manifests no interest about fighting Evil/"super" Boo 1 on 1. Even when he reverts to Buucolo, Goku is willing to leave it for Gohan to handle him. Naturally, Gohan outclasses this version of Boo, and is still (possibly) stronger than Boo with Piccolo, Goten and Trunks absorbed.

The question is: if Goku was 100% sure he could reach his full power as ssj3, would he fight Evil/"super" Boo?

Personally, I put things like this:
- Good Boo (weakest) < Majin Vegeta = ssj2 Goku < Fat Boo < Pure/"kid" Boo = ssj3 Goku not at full power < Evil/"super" Boo < ssj3 Gotenks (slightly stronger) < "Ultimate Gohan" / full power ssj3 Goku?*

*What supports this?
- Goku claims to have attained ssj3 form recently (possibly shortly before Buu arc takes place);
- He also claims he had no problems sustaining the transformation in the afterlife, because there he had no stamina issues;
- While alive, he aknowledged he was having a hard time reaching his full power, because the form severely drained his stamina;
- In the movie Wrath of the Dragon, ssj3 Goku far outstrips Gohan and Gotenks. While it is a movie, it happens after Boo arc; it could mean he trained his form in the meantime;
- In BoG he also seems to easily turn ssj3 and shows no difficulties to sustain it, which supports the idea of him training that form after Buu arc.

My conlusion: was ssj3 Goku stronger than "Ultimate" Gohan during Buu arc? No. Hypothetically speaking, could he as/more powerful than Gohan if at full power during the same arc? Maybe.

Anyway, that's just my theory.
No offense but I think the entire point of the post went over your head.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:46 pm

Ok... I'm sorry then :( , I tried
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:04 pm

[spoiler]
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:I think base saiyans in the buu saga are easily above even semi perfect cell.

I think base vegeta and goku in the fusion saga>ssj3 gotenks. Anime supports this.
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
It's not about speed, you need a level of power+anger then you transfrom. It was fine to me.
Yes and you also have to be close to maxing out your base power to ascend as well.

goku as a kid couldn't do it when krilian died, or roshi or anyone else. He wasn't close to where he needed to be.
It's not about maxing out your base, you just need

1. saiyan blood

2. rage.

3. a high enough power level.

I think hidden power is needed too, you use your rage, tap into that and if you're a saiyan and strong enough you'll unlock the new form.

SSJ is just a multiplier on your base, people think there's a limit to how storng saiyans can be in base, but that's not the case. Base vegeta in the buu saga was stronger then ssj3 gotenks, and even beat his evil clone with piccolo's evil clone. WHIEL SHRUNKEN!

Vegito beat buuhan, who's WAY above ult gohan.

Gohan fought evenly with piccolo in super while in base, and piccolo at that point is like perfect cell level.
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:We can debate this In a more appropriate thread if you wish, but vegeta>gotenks easily. This thread is for super though so let's stay on point.
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:Lines mean nothing in dragonball or else super buu>Goku in the buu saga XD
Lol Super Buu is indeed >> SSJ3 Goku.

Base Goku>>Super buu base.

SSJ3 Gotenks And Piccolo VS Gohan (mystic) and Dabura

Meta Cooler (All 10 billion) vs Buuhan

Tien and Chiatzu, Gohan vs Dr Gero
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
DanielSSJ wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:I see no reason to argue with you. I just wanna debate, have a conversation.

When did bog and such say krillin>tien?

No gohan keeps his power ups in the frieza saga man. He eventually surpassed piccolo when he got more anger boosts, like the rest they stayed. he only stopped being so strong when he used it all up. (energy)

I don't think you get what I mean, the quotes are INCONSISTANT! The actions outway the words. Like think about this

goku says he's afraid of base super buu

but goku beat up fat buu

fat buu<ssj3 goku

super buu base =fat buu

super buu, like fat buu is grey buu and mr buu's powers combined.

also if you think fat buu >goku think of this

fat buu=a little under 2x ssj2 tournament saga gohan.

ssj2 goku>>>>ssj2 gohan >>>ssj2 gohan tournament saga that was used for buu's resurrection.

if you go by ssj3=ssj2 x4 then goku logically has to be over 2x stronger then super buu easily. plus goku even forced the likes of kid buu to heal, who was stronger then the spirit bomb made of gohan's energy... so yeah.....goku>kid buu>gohan>super buu=fat buu>grey bu> mr buu.
- Gohan never keeps his anger boosts. In fact, the series usually makes special note to say that his drops like a stone afterward. The only time where it did last more than a few seconds was when Gohan went Super Saiyan 2.
- It's not in the Battle of Gods or Resurrection F movies, but the promotional material identifies Kuririn as the strongest Earthling.
- Evil Boo is NOT equal to Fat Boo's power. Evil Boo is much, MUCH stronger. My theory is that, for some reason, when Boo absorbs Kaioshin, he doesn't simply add their strength to his own. Because of their godly nature, they affect him on a more fundamental level. In that way, it's more like a fusion. The South Kaioshin, who was the strongest and most suited for battle, caused Pure Boo to power up immensely. The kind and chubby Grand Kaioshin effectively sealed away most of this power when he was absorbed. When Boo split in two and recombined with evil in charge, the rearrangement of the souls and psyches inside him allowed him far greater access to the power granted by South Kaioshin. Regardless of the reason why, the manga makes it clear that Fat Boo is weaker than Pure Boo who is weaker than Evil Boo. I agree that Fat Boo is definitely twice as strong as the Super Saiyan 2 charatcers and half as strong as SS3 Goku.
[/spoiler]
When your entire premise is backed by bizarre assumptions that have no basis in fact, there's not really any point in even having a discussion with you.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:15 pm

Rubens wrote:Ok... I'm sorry then :( , I tried

No it's fine. I'm just saying it's not about if goku or gohan are stronger at all or brining in anime vs manga and such. It's looking at it on a different angle.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:[spoiler]
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:I think base saiyans in the buu saga are easily above even semi perfect cell.

I think base vegeta and goku in the fusion saga>ssj3 gotenks. Anime supports this.
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:
Yes and you also have to be close to maxing out your base power to ascend as well.

goku as a kid couldn't do it when krilian died, or roshi or anyone else. He wasn't close to where he needed to be.

1. saiyan blood

2. rage.

I think hidden power is needed too, you use your rage, tap into that and if you're a saiyan and strong enough you'll unlock the new form.

SSJ is just a multiplier on your base, people think there's a limit to how storng saiyans can be in base, but that's not the case. Base vegeta in the buu saga was stronger then ssj3 gotenks, and even beat his evil clone with piccolo's evil clone. WHIEL SHRUNKEN!

Gohan fought evenly with piccolo in super while in base, and piccolo at that point is like perfect cell level.
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:We can debate this In a more appropriate thread if you wish, but vegeta>gotenks easily. This thread is for super though so let's stay on point.
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote: Lol Super Buu is indeed >> SSJ3 Goku.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
DanielSSJ wrote: - Gohan never keeps his anger boosts. In fact, the series usually makes special note to say that his drops like a stone afterward. The only time where it did last more than a few seconds was when Gohan went Super Saiyan 2.
- It's not in the Battle of Gods or Resurrection F movies, but the promotional material identifies Kuririn as the strongest Earthling.
- Evil Boo is NOT equal to Fat Boo's power. Evil Boo is much, MUCH stronger. My theory is that, for some reason, when Boo absorbs Kaioshin, he doesn't simply add their strength to his own. Because of their godly nature, they affect him on a more fundamental level. In that way, it's more like a fusion. The South Kaioshin, who was the strongest and most suited for battle, caused Pure Boo to power up immensely. The kind and chubby Grand Kaioshin effectively sealed away most of this power when he was absorbed. When Boo split in two and recombined with evil in charge, the rearrangement of the souls and psyches inside him allowed him far greater access to the power granted by South Kaioshin. Regardless of the reason why, the manga makes it clear that Fat Boo is weaker than Pure Boo who is weaker than Evil Boo. I agree that Fat Boo is definitely twice as strong as the Super Saiyan 2 charatcers and half as strong as SS3 Goku.
[/spoiler]
When your entire premise is backed by bizarre assumptions that have no basis in fact, there's not really any point in even having a discussion with you.
Then why did you reply? And that makes no sense, did you read it? No basis in fact? Assumptions? What did I assume? When was I trying to use facts? Do you think I'm trying to say weather one is stronger then the other? you don't seam to get what I posted.

dragonballer
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballer » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:08 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
Rubens wrote:Ok... I'm sorry then :( , I tried

No it's fine. I'm just saying it's not about if goku or gohan are stronger at all or brining in anime vs manga and such. It's looking at it on a different angle.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:[spoiler]

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:

1. saiyan blood

2. rage.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
[/spoiler]
Then why did you reply? And that makes no sense, did you read it? No basis in fact? Assumptions? What did I assume? When was I trying to use facts? Do you think I'm trying to say weather one is stronger then the other? you don't seam to get what I posted.
i have already made two theories in this forum:

1-kid buu's regeneration is far superior to other buus,gohan might be absorbed if he can't finish him,goku's charged combo would be a better option.

2-(anime only),fusion gave vegeta and goku power boost,but as side effect they couldn't go beyond ssj1 until they fight kid buu.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:16 am

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:

1) It was Gohan's genki, just a portion of his ki, that was donated to the Genki Dama. The Genki Dama only draws on an individual's genki, so all that's saying is that his genki wasn't enough to beat Buu.

2) Goku thought that was Vegeta's plan. Vegeta turned it down specifically because he wanted the people of the Earth to take part in their own defense. At no point is it suggested that Gohan being sent to the planet wouldn't have been a better option, just that it wasn't what Vegeta intended to do.

3/4) Anime filler. So contradictory to Toriyama's original plans for the character.

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:15 am

Ultimate Gohan is like 20x stronger than SSJ3 Goku, and that's a conservative estimate.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:57 am

Here's a viewpoint that you may have not considered: address the two of them without talking about Majin Boo. We know that SSJ3 Goku is stronger than Ultimate Gohan in both canon and in-universe products. Goku has seen the extent of his full power in the Otherworld, but it slipped when he powered up on a living body. Ultimate Gohan was nearly tapped out and didn't push it any further against the strongest opponent. For all intents and purposes, Goku has a wider range that peaks on a level that hasn't been used.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:18 am

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:Supreme kai-kid buu's the strongest!(not talking about dub line)

Why would kid buu, the final villain for the series not be the strongest buu? That makes no sense -_- (That's a good point)

Why would Goku say He'd lose to super buu if he was above Super Buu?
- Anime filler.
- Because Toriyama intends it that way ? Maybe having him above Gohan-Boo will far too much for Vegeta and Goku to handle so he'd need to have him just around the level of Goku's full power ?
- Because Goku is not stronger than Evil Boo.

I don't understand how SSj3 Goku vs. Ultimate Gohan is even an argument. This pretty much says it all.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by Khin on Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:21 am

Where's Goku fighting Evil Boo to close the argument? He has only fought him with Gotenks absorbed. The manga? No, it's not the only Dragon Ball product. We have Dragon Ball Kai including his fight when the goal was to make it closer to the manga. We have DB Super continuing the manga and the anime with a statement that should be clear. Now, we have a cute fan made picture obscuring things, when it was supposed to say as much as it shows. Brilliance!
Last edited by Desassina on Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:31 am

Desassina wrote:Where's Goku fighting Evil Boo to close the argument? He has only fought him with Gotenks absorbed. The manga? No, it's not the only Dragon Ball product.
Goku can sense how strong Evil Boo is. He literally said how Boo's power has fallen considerably, meaning he know how strong he is. And they met face to face later, so it would be quite stupid to assume Goku doesn't know how strong Boo is. Just because they never fought, that doesn't mean we can't say who's stronger than who.

The line is Toriyama's intent to let the readers know that even though Boo returned to his normal state, Goku is still no match for him. And that was never proven to be wrong or contradicted.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:42 am

Look, I know that it's cute arguing like this, when it falls down to a single line that was blown out of its context. Goku was not even transformed when he wanted to fuse with Vegeta. He went out of his way to say that if he went outside like that, something bad would happen. I'm a fan of "show, don't tell", specially when the fan made picture was supposed to do both. Like I said, do we have Goku fighting against Evil Boo? Because when it all comes down to it, we have Goku fighting Gotenks Boo. He could have been stronger and weaker than Evil Boo depending on how willing he was to fight. Then we discover that he wants to go all out like he hadn't before.

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:56 am

Right now it's pretty clear how power levels go but I always thought that Goku ssj3 surpassed Mystic Gohan during the time Movie 13 took place.

Also when I saw Bog, I was pretty sure that Goku had eliminated the stamina issues with 3.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:09 am

Desassina wrote:Look, I know that it's cute arguing like this, when it falls down to a single line that was blown out of its context. Goku was not even transformed when he wanted to fuse with Vegeta. He went out of his way to say that if he went outside like that, something bad would happen. I'm a fan of "show, don't tell", specially when the fan made picture was supposed to do both. Like I said, do we have Goku fighting against Evil Boo? He could have been stronger and weaker than Evil Boo depending on how willing he was to fight. Then we discover that he wants to go all out like he hadn't before.
Goku said they'd be done in and is no match for Boo, not that something bad would happen. Also why would Goku be in a transformed state when asking to fuse with Vegeta ?

Like i said before, we don't need an actual fight to know who's stronger than who. We have a line intended by the author to show that Goku is no match for Evil Boo, and that line was never contradicted later on. If we go by your logic, we don't who's stronger between Beerus and Roshi because they never fought. But obviously, there are stuff that shows Roshi is no match for Beerus.
Because when it all comes down to it, we have Goku fighting Gotenks Boo.
Goku didn't fight Gotenks-Boo in the manga.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:29 am

Darkprince410 wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:

1) It was Gohan's genki, just a portion of his ki, that was donated to the Genki Dama. The Genki Dama only draws on an individual's genki, so all that's saying is that his genki wasn't enough to beat Buu.

2) Goku thought that was Vegeta's plan. Vegeta turned it down specifically because he wanted the people of the Earth to take part in their own defense. At no point is it suggested that Gohan being sent to the planet wouldn't have been a better option, just that it wasn't what Vegeta intended to do.

3/4) Anime filler. So contradictory to Toriyama's original plans for the character.

Can you please read the whole thing? You don't seam to get what I posted. I'm not saying one is stronger then the other, this isn't a argument for who's stronger.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:44 am

Khin wrote:We have a line intended by the author to show that Goku is no match for Evil Boo, and that line was never contradicted later on.
And it was explained how in the same panel. He can't go outside as he was shown. If Goku transforms to face Evil Boo, then he's not like that. It's the same thing with fusion.
Khin wrote:Goku didn't fight Gotenks-Boo in the manga.
Then we're not talking, because I don't cling to the manga, even if it's supposed to outline the story for the anime, whose follow up continues the former as well, and was pretty clear about the subject.

Last, but not the least, we don't need Majin Boo to guess who was stronger, and I don't want this to become material for a Versus Topic. We should be arguing the possibility of Toriyama and Toei being correct with in-universe logic.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:16 am

Desassina wrote:And it was explained how in the same panel. He can't go outside as he was shown. If Goku transforms to face Evil Boo, then he's not like that. It's the same thing with fusion.
Are you trying to say that Goku was only referring to his regular state in the line ? Because that would be a ridiculous excuse to ignore the the whole implication. Goku was obviously talking about he and Vegeta in general. The whole line wouldn't make any sense if Goku was just comparing his regular state to Evil Boo. If Goku is stronger than Evil Boo, he could just transform into Super Saiyan 3 when they met later, yet Vegeta still felt the need to remove fatso in order for them to escape; indicating that both of them can't deal with Evil Boo without weakening him further.
Then we're not talking, because I don't cling to the manga, even if it's supposed to outline the story for the anime, whose follow up continues the former as well, and was pretty clear about the subject.
Anime and manga contradicts each other, they're different. What happens in the anime is irrelevant to what happens in the manga.
Last, but not the least, we don't need Majin Boo to guess who was stronger
Without Goku's statement about Evil Boo, things would unclear. And certain arguments could be made towards Gohan being the inferior one. Goku's statement is the biggest implication that he's weaker than Gohan.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:13 am

this argument essentially comes down to people misunderstanding the anime and taking it as canon over the manga.

The manga clearly makes a distinction on who's strongest and it's really not up for debate.

To simplify the argument look only at 2 different occurances.

1. Goku being SCARED TO DEATH to fight super buu even with the help of Vegeta once they left his body.

2. Gohan beating the crap out of super buu with roughly 10 punches and no ki attacks.