Why didn't the Kaioshin use Time Rings to escape from Majin Buu?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Why didn't the Kaioshin use Time Rings to escape from Majin Buu?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:41 pm

Let's say they all use them to go 1000 years into the future. Buu and Bibidi then can't find them and would probably figure they had left and gone somewhere else, so they would leave too. Then the Kaioshins could come back and work on a plan.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: Why didn't the Kaioshin use Time Rings to escape from Majin Buu?

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:46 pm

It was implied they were ambushed before they could think of such plans. Bibidi, no doubt, planned his attack in such a way to ensure nobody would escape. It was fairly successful. That's not getting into the fact that they'd have to run towards wherever the Time Rings are stored and I doubt they'd be allowed that luxury with Boo chasing them. Then, there's the fact East Kaioshin was new to everything, so that's one god they'd have to worry about directing in a highly stressful encounter.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:13 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Let's say they all use them to go 1000 years into the future. Buu and Bibidi then can't find them and would probably figure they had left and gone somewhere else, so they would leave too. Then the Kaioshins could come back and work on a plan.

Because they weren't thought of yet in the writing, also it'd be prolonging the inevitable. I see the time rings as only canon to kai and the manga. One of those two anyways. So for Z's canon it makes sense not to use them :3
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Kaioshins travel to the future leaving Buu to destroy. Yeah not gonna happen.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:28 pm

Because the Kaioshin time ring thing was just created whereas the Boo arc was created two decades ago. It doesn't work like that.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:48 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:Because they weren't thought of yet in the writing, also it'd be prolonging the inevitable. I see the time rings as only canon to kai and the manga. One of those two anyways. So for Z's canon it makes sense not to use them :3
TheGreatness25 wrote:Because the Kaioshin time ring thing was just created whereas the Boo arc was created two decades ago. It doesn't work like that.
That's the obvious real world answer, but this is the In-Universe section of the forum. The point is to follow Nejishiki's example and speculate what kept them from using them within the story.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:01 am

Maybe there would be no universe to go to. Buu would have destroyed everything including Beerus (he would be an easy target asleep/unguarded if he didn't attack unrestrained) though definitely not Whis.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:22 am

East Kaioshin was the newbie Kaioshin-in-training who didn't even know about the Time Rings yet, while the others got ambushed and had no time to go find a fancy box full of magic rings when they were too busy getting killed or absorbed by Buu.

Or maybe the Kaioshin of Universe 7 don't even have Time Rings (has anything been said so far by either of the surviving Universe 7 Kaioshin that implies otherwise? Or has it just been Gowasu/Zamasu?) The ones who have them are in Universe 10, after all, which isn't the 7th universe's "twin" like the 6th or anything -- so no guarantee that things match up between them. We already know that in the 10th universe it's possible for a Kaio to be promoted to Kaioshin, as opposed to the 7th universe's "hatch from a fruit, if it's a golden fruit you're a possible Kaioshin and if it's a regular fruit you're a possible Kaio" thing, so it's possible there's other differences between them. Heck, 10th Universe Kaios and Kaioshin apparently look the same rather than being drastically different like in the 7th universe, so maybe their universe's tree has nothing but golden fruit, forcing them to come up with a different system.

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:23 am

because they weren't wearing them, and they obviously didn't have the ability or the time to go and dig around for a box containing the rings in the middle of a battle

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:29 am

same reason they see using dragonballs as an
insult.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:01 am

Because they're none too bright? *shrugs*

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:12 am

or they must have been aware of buu's ability to bust through dimensions.

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:22 am

To prevent any divergence in the time stream (and we know gods are big on that), the rings probably return the user to the exact time of their departure, meaning Buu would still be there. So at most, they could use their time in the future to plan, but they wouldn't be able to escape an attack.

Also, once Buu's absorption capabilities were known, there's the risk of creating a time-travelling Buu.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song