When Did Kaioshin Learn the Kai-Kai Technique?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragonballer
Beyond Newbie

When Did Kaioshin Learn the Kai-Kai Technique?

Post by dragonballer » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:26 pm

It was Kibito's skill.

Wizard Sesame
Beyond Newbie

Re: since when does kaioshin know kaikai?

Post by Wizard Sesame » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:36 pm

I had the same thought. I simply just made it that when the pair separated magically, they each transferred a bit of knowledge to one another, kai kai being what Supreme Kai received. That's my headcanon, at least.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: When Did Kaioshin Learn the Kai-Kai Technique?

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:31 pm

Whis made it sound Kai Kai was a ability Kaioshin was suposed to have. Perhaps due to his age, he didn't learn it until being merged with Kibito.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:41 pm

I would say he acquired it during the fusion, however the other fusion users haven't learned techniques from their fusees. It is true that Kibitoshin lasted years, that might have something to do with it.
The other possibility is that Kibito taught him after they defused.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:54 pm

I don't see why Kaioshin can't have a rich existence full of various interests we're not privy to in the series proper. Like, we don't know him, you know? We don't know his life. We don't know what he's about.

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Re: since when does kaioshin know kaikai?

Post by Mac » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:05 pm

Wizard Sesame wrote:I had the same thought. I simply just made it that when the pair separated magically, they each transferred a bit of knowledge to one another, kai kai being what Supreme Kai received. That's my headcanon, at least.
Well, that sounds good enough to me.

dragonballer
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballer » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:42 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:Whis made it sound Kai Kai was a ability Kaioshin was suposed to have. Perhaps due to his age, he didn't learn it until being merged with Kibito.
it seems the other kaioshins and even daikaioshin didn't know kai kai since they didn't use it to escape from majin buu.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:59 pm

Cipher wrote:I don't see why Kaioshin can't have a rich existence full of various interests we're not privy to in the series proper. Like, we don't know him, you know? We don't know his life. We don't know what he's about.
It could become questionable that he was limping toward Gohan instead of just teleporting. But then, that's easily resolved by him having been pretty battered up at that part, so he could have simply not had enough ki.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:10 am

Oddly, in DBZ ep.241 it actually does sound like Kaioshin's the one to say "Kai-Kai" when they take Gohan off to the Kaioshin Realm. An anime-only thing, and it goes against him later identifying it as Kibito's technique, but there you have it. Or am I simply mishearing?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:32 am

I'm pretty sure that Kaioshin is listed as being a user of Kai-Kai. He's a transcendental authority figure whose position supersedes that of the regular Kais and adjudicator for the dead, King Yemma. Who knows how many years of written and unwritten history he's been witness to; this includes the comprehension of techniques. The more reasonable question to ask might be where Kibito acquired it. It's possible he originally learned it from Kaioshin.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:11 am

Lionel wrote:I'm pretty sure that Kaioshin is listed as being a user of Kai-Kai. He's a transcendental authority figure whose position supersedes that of the regular Kais and adjudicator for the dead, King Yemma. Who knows how many years of written and unwritten history he's been witness to; this includes the comprehension of techniques. The more reasonable question to ask might be where Kibito acquired it. It's possible he originally learned it from Kaioshin.
No. Kaioshin(merged with Kibito) tells Goku and Vegeta, that it was Kibito's ability, when they discuss how to get to New Namek after Kid Buu blew up Earth.
I smell a retcon.

dragonballer
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballer » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:34 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Lionel wrote:I'm pretty sure that Kaioshin is listed as being a user of Kai-Kai. He's a transcendental authority figure whose position supersedes that of the regular Kais and adjudicator for the dead, King Yemma. Who knows how many years of written and unwritten history he's been witness to; this includes the comprehension of techniques. The more reasonable question to ask might be where Kibito acquired it. It's possible he originally learned it from Kaioshin.
No. Kaioshin(merged with Kibito) tells Goku and Vegeta, that it was Kibito's ability, when they discuss how to get to New Namek after Kid Buu blew up Earth.
I smell a retcon.
if kaioshin knows kai kai,he should be really really stupid to not use it when fat buu showed up.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:47 pm

I guess someone figured that the Future Trunks arc was turning out a little too good so far, and hadn't met its "needless inconsistencies" quota yet. I'd prefer to go back to when Kaioshin and Kibito being split back up was just pointless, instead of contradictory.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:51 pm

I guess he learn it from Kibito off screen or he may learn after fusing with Kibito for so long.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:20 pm

It's 100% plausible that he learnt it from being fused with someone who already knew it and used it several times while fused.

It's not an inconsistency if it's more likely to happen than not, just because it's not spelled out.

When Kuririn and Yamcha learned the Kamehameha we didn't think it was a mistake, we just thought "oh cool they learnt that move"

As someone pointed out he could have been taught it by Kibito/Elder Kai post split from Kibito, although I prefer the fusion answer.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:24 am

is there any evidence to suggest Supreme Kai didn't always know Kai-Kai?

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:21 am

MaxZ wrote:is there any evidence to suggest Supreme Kai didn't always know Kai-Kai?
dragonballer wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
I smell a retcon.
if kaioshin knows kai kai,he should be really really stupid to not use it when fat buu showed up.

ssj4nick

Post by ssj4nick » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:28 am

We don't know when , maybe it is related with the potara fusion with Kibito as formentioned. However why should we care ? He could have learned it even after the fusion .