Is Goku Black a God of Destruction?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Majin Whis

Is Goku Black a God of Destruction?

Post by Majin Whis » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 pm

Hello! You know, after watching the latest episode (56) I may of discovered the connection between Zamasu and Black.

Remember when Whis casually mentioned that Supreme Kai's and Gods of Destruction were connected? If you killed one then the other would die.

So I believe that when Zamasu gained the rank of Supreme Kai he created Black as his own God of Destruction. This explains how they have similar ki but they aren't exactly the same.

What do you guys think? I believe this is a pretty sound theory.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Is Goku Black a God of Destruction?

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:26 pm

I agree.
I think the order of events is: Zamasu kills Gowasu, thus wiping out Universe 10's God of Destruction as well. With no Kaioshin and God of Destruction in Universe 10, Zamasu promotes himself to Kaioshin by taking Gowasu's green earrings and then creates Black to compliment him as the new God of Destruction. Granting Black one of the green earrings and the time ring(in case he needs it), Zamasu then just has Black do the dirty work like a proper God of Destruction, while he watches from afar until now of course.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:04 pm

I doubt Zeno would allow Zamasu to dictate who are the Gods and let him run wild like that, disrupting the balance of the Universe. If Zamasu is giving out titles they're unofficial.
Still it's not that unlikely that Black is a God of Destruction Zamasu recruited. It mustn't be that hard to keep Gowasu alive and run amok. Or trick Gowasu into promoting him.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:49 pm

Well his new form is called Super Saiyan Rosé, Rosé being french for a type of wine not just a colour and all the gods of destruction are named after types alcohol.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:49 pm

dbgtFO wrote:I agree.
I think the order of events is: Zamasu kills Gowasu, thus wiping out Universe 10's God of Destruction as well. With no Kaioshin and God of Destruction in Universe 10, Zamasu promotes himself to Kaioshin by taking Gowasu's green earrings and then creates Black to compliment him as the new God of Destruction. Granting Black one of the green earrings and the time ring(in case he needs it), Zamasu then just has Black do the dirty work like a proper God of Destruction, while he watches from afar until now of course.
There is much logic in this theory. I like it.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:19 pm

It would be cool to see. God of Destruction Black Goku. I find it unlikely based on Mr. LightBing's post, but at the same time I agree with Mr. dbgtFO. So, I'm pretty conflicted.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:32 pm

Zamasu's immortality could be an indication that Black is a God of Destruction of his own creation.

If pain makes Black stronger, hell a lot stronger (seriously he's put Super 17 to shame) then the best way to get ride of him would be to kill Zamasu. Immortality would be the best way to solve that little problem and perfect the ultimate weapon. :twisted:

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:48 pm

The manga revealed that Kaioshin is dead in Trunks' timeline, and as a result, Beerus as well, so it's possible Zamasu replaces him. I wouldn't be surprised if he creates Goku Black by using Goku's deceased body and imbuing it with his essence through the use of his potara, somehow. So yes, Goku Black may very well be the God of Destruction of Future Trunks' timeline, as well as an incarnation of Zamasu himself. It's interesting because if this is the case, Zamasu can still fulfill his duties as a kaioshin without betraying Zeno or the upper gods.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:52 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:The manga revealed that Kaioshin is dead in Trunks' timeline, and as a result, Beerus as well, so it's possible Zamasu replaces him. I wouldn't be surprised if he creates Goku Black by using Goku's deceased body and imbuing it with his essence through the use of his potara, somehow. So yes, Goku Black may very well be the God of Destruction of Future Trunks' timeline, as well as an incarnation of Zamasu himself. It's interesting because if this is the case, Zamasu can still fulfill his duties as a kaioshin without betraying Zeno or the upper gods.
Once again this theory has much logic, again I like it.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:00 pm

What if Zamasu never killed Gowasu, instead as soon as he knew that U7 Kaioshin was killed, he asked Gowasu to let him become the new Kaioshin of U7. So Gowasu helped him get the position and he recruited/appointed Goku as the new God of Destruction, as Goku was the strongest being of U7 even though he was in the afterlife. Because Goku had to fulfill the role of a God of Destruction, his soul was changed by Zamasu himself, who changed Goku's soul to be as his as much as possible. This new being is a full-fledged God, but he still possesses Goku's memories even though he is detached from them. He has a lot of respect for the former possessor of his body and wants to be as close as Goku as possible. He is able to use all of his techniques including transforming into a Super Saiyan (and he is able to achieve SS Rose thanks to his God Ki)

This feels all too complicted and it's probably wrong now that I think about it because Black himself stated he has fought Goku before but not in this body.
It would fit if, before appointing Goku as a God of Destruction, Zamasu fought with him and then he put all of his memories in Goku's body new soul. So Black would have both Zamasu's and Goku's memories.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:35 am

Hakaishins are named after wine - Beerus for Beer and Champa for Champagne. Black doesn't have that. It also seems that the Gods of Destruction are "assigned" by the Omni-King himself. I don't think that Zamasu can self-appoint himself as the Kaioshin of another universe as well as appoint a God of Destruction. It is strange that the Omni-King has not made an appearance if Beerus and the East Kaioshin of Universe 7 are dead. I also think that Zamasu used a person that looked like Goku so that if the Omni-King does find out, he would not blame Zamasu for it. Black is definitely a God though and that's definitely Goku's body or a Saiyan that looks like Goku.

My theory is that there are two different Zamasu - one from the present and one from the future. The present one we know has not completely embraced his dark side yet. He will eventually steal the time ring and the green potara earring. It just hasn't happened YET. While the alternate future timeline where Trunks is from also has a Zamasu. This Zamasu has acquired Goku's body and is doing things the way he wants because there is no Hakaishin to stop him in this universe.

While the present Zamasu who wants his perfect "Utopia" can't achieve his dream in his universe because there still exists the Hakaishins. So he traveled using the time ring to an alternate timeline where there is no Hakaishin - Trunks' timeline. Another reason that validates this theory is that both Black and Zamasu used the same attack - turning their ki into a blade.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:28 pm

It is hard to tell for now, but it is more likely Goku Black might just be a clone of sorts of both Goku and Zamasu.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:05 pm

I still think he's Zamasu - but from a different time (like how Kid and Future Trunks can both exist in the same time). Check the episode thread for the evidence I use to support this.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:42 am

It seems that Zeno appoints Gods of Destruction, and assigns them attendants (Whis, Vados).

It just doesn't fit with what we know.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:01 am

they look nothing like beerus and champa, so how he can be a god of destruction.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:12 am

Friezacooler wrote:they look nothing like beerus and champa, so how he can be a god of destruction.
Beerus and Champa are twin brothers. God of destruction from, let's say, universe 2 or 4 will look different.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:02 pm

What I do not get... Who select the new GoD? Is it the Kaioshin? I doubt it.

Further more... What about the "Whis" of Universe 10?

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:28 pm

Mnich wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:they look nothing like beerus and champa, so how he can be a god of destruction.
Beerus and Champa are twin brothers. God of destruction from, let's say, universe 2 or 4 will look different.
It is an unproven that the characters are different in the various universes. So far every character from a different universe has a character that looks nearly identical to the one from universe 7.

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:32 pm

Has "Goku Black" even called himself by that name? I'm pretty sure everyone who has called him "Black" or "Goku Black" is just going off of the name Future Bulma gave him.

For all we know, Black has a completely different name. The Rosé wine connection is pretty good though. This is the only thing "Black" has called himself and fits into the God of Destruction name pun criteria.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:25 pm

Friezacooler wrote:It is an unproven that the characters are different in the various universes. So far every character from a different universe has a character that looks nearly identical to the one from universe 7.
Whis clearly states that only Universe 6 and Universe 7 are twins of each other. They share species and locations that are independently effected by their own environment. For example, Planet Salad exists in Universe 6, yet is no more in Universe 7. These features will exist in no other universe but the two referenced. If you are referring to Kaio and Kaioshin, then they seemingly exist everywhere, but they are presumably only twinned by their numbered universes equaling thirteen when summed.
MadSaiyantist wrote:Has "Goku Black" even called himself by that name? I'm pretty sure everyone who has called him "Black" or "Goku Black" is just going off of the name Future Bulma gave him.

For all we know, Black has a completely different name. The Rosé wine connection is pretty good though. This is the only thing "Black" has called himself and fits into the God of Destruction name pun criteria.
Goku Black refers to himself as "Son Goku". Indeed, "Goku Black" is a moniker belonging to Future Bluma that Future Trunks adopts and shares.