Hypothetical Gogeta (Boo saga)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ahill1
Regular

Hypothetical Gogeta (Boo saga)

Post by ahill1 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:41 am

How strong do you guys think a hypothetical Gogeta from the Boo saga would be? Still end up weaker than Boohan, as implied by Boohan himself and Goku? Or nah, Gogeta is too badass to lose to a guy like Gohan-Boo?

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Hypothetical Gogeta (Boo saga)

Post by nickzambuto » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:42 am

The latter. Gogeta is far too badass to lose.

mr.fredsolo

Post by mr.fredsolo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:10 am

Maybe Gogeta would actually kill Buu if time starts to run out but given how slow the passage of time is in Dragon Ball, 30 minutes should be long enough to ensure things go the same(meaning he beats the crap out of Buu until he gets himself purposefully absorbed).

I don't know if there's any reason to believe Gogeta would act any different than Vegito.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:20 am

If Goku and Vegeta had indeed used the Fusion Dance technique instead of having merged into Vegito with the Potara then Gogeta would have been able to defeat both Super Buu (in his base and especially Heroes Absorbed form) and Kid Buu before the latter would have even attempted to destroy the Earth.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:52 pm

I'm curious if Gogeta would be capable of purifying Evil Boo just as he did Janenba. It fits in line with the fusion's logic. They (Vegetto and Gogeta) don't seem to attempt for a kill and there's no doubt Gogeta's components would want to spar with him on friendlier terms. It's the reason Oob exists, after all. I think that's more in tune with the philosophy the martial artists tend to share. While it's on my mind, Boo was still inside of Evil Boo, yes? That leaves potential for a turning. Let's not forget Pure Boo spit him out since his nature held him back.
Last edited by Nejishiki on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:55 pm

Nejishiki wrote:I'm curious if Gogeta would be capable of purifying Evil Boo just as he did Janenba. It fits in line with the fusion's logic. They (Vegetto and Gogeta) don't seem to attempt for a kill and there's no doubt Gogeta's components would want to spar with him on friendlier terms. It's the reason Oob exists, after all. I think that's more in tune with the philosophy the martial artists tend to share.
"Purifying?" He blew him up.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:57 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Nejishiki wrote:I'm curious if Gogeta would be capable of purifying Evil Boo just as he did Janenba. It fits in line with the fusion's logic. They (Vegetto and Gogeta) don't seem to attempt for a kill and there's no doubt Gogeta's components would want to spar with him on friendlier terms. It's the reason Oob exists, after all. I think that's more in tune with the philosophy the martial artists tend to share.
"Purifying?" He blew him up.
I mean, whatever it was that was going on with the oni. I didn't have a better choice of word. He was the base of Janenba, so I was implying that regular Boo would just come back the same way after being attacked with that technique.

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:25 pm

What do you guys think of Boohan's and Goku's implications about Gogeta not being enough?

Chapter: 503 (DBZ 309), P8.8
Context: Goku tries to get Vegeta to use the Potara with him, but Vegeta refuses
Goku: “Knowing you, I thought you might say that…! There ain’t any other way to beat Majin Boo!”

Chapter: 503 (DBZ 309), P9.2
Context: as Goku heads to Vegeta with the Potara
Boo: “Now there’s another human with great power! But naturally he’s no match for me, even if they merged!”

mr.fredsolo

Post by mr.fredsolo » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:08 pm

ahill1 wrote:What do you guys think of Boohan's and Goku's implications about Gogeta not being enough?

Context: Goku tries to get Vegeta to use the Potara with him, but Vegeta refuses
Goku: “Knowing you, I thought you might say that…! There ain’t any other way to beat Majin Boo!”

Boo: “Now there’s another human with great power! But naturally he’s no match for me, even if they merged!”

Buu was being overconfident. Even if Gogeta is weaker than Vegito, any fusion between Goku and Vegeta should be powerful enough to match and probably surpass Boohan.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:09 pm

ahill1 wrote:What do you guys think of Boohan's and Goku's implications about Gogeta not being enough?

It doesn't sound like Goku is actually saying Gogeta would be no match, rather there is no time to do the fusion dance because Vegeta did not know how and didn't want to do it. Rou Kaioshin stated the fusion dance's weakness was that it didn't last forever like the potara does rather than

Chapter: 501 (DBZ 307), P11.6
Context: Goku asks how long Potara-based fusion lasts
Elder Kaioshin: "The Potara don't have such a weakness. It's eternal! You'll never return to normal again!"

While he does think that the effect of the potara will make a superior fighter strength-wise, Rou Kaioshin does not diss the strength of the fusion dance as if it was a weakness.

Boo's statement is probably just him stroking his own ego, he may have been presuming that Goku + Vegeta would create a similar result to Gotenks in the heat of the moment not realizing that Goku and Vegeta are quite a bit more powerful than their sons themselves as well as more intelligent fighters too. Goku does state this.

Chapter: 506 (DBZ 312), P13.1
Context: still talking about how they’re no match for Boo
Goku: “…But there is one way we can win!”
Vegeta: “You want to say Fusion, right? Well who cares about that?!”
Goku: “Huh? You know about it?”
Vegeta: “I saw it from the afterlife…You’ve got to be joking! You think I’d perform those ugly poses…?! Anyway, I thought I told you that I’m not going to merge with you a second time.”
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:14 pm

logic: Gogetta leaves the battle with a black eye.
hype cause of janemba , he would stomp Buuhan and vegetto.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:46 pm

Well as far as I'm aware there is no really difference in regards to power between either types of fusion, the only ones being the time limit of the fusion dance and the fact that different fusions seem to have different blends of the participants personalities (if you ignore GT). I've heard speculations and theories but no hard proof.

So at the end of the day Gogeta would have handle Buu just as well as Vegetto but maybe in a different way.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:34 pm

I don't have Goku and Vegeta as twice stronger than Goten and Trunks, so the same applies for Gogeta and Gotenk as well. I have him equal to Ultimate Gohan, so he will obviously get destroyed by Gohan-Boo.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:59 pm

Hard to say what Toriyama's original plan for the arc was. We know he wanted Gogeta to show up and power wise he isn't strong enough to beat Boohan even with Super Saiyan 3. This leads to two possibilities. He was going to give Gogeta a rival boost of some kind or he might not have had Gohan get absorbed by Boo but simply beaten up and taken out of the fight.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:00 pm

Any prior guesses or expectations about a Goku-Vegeta Fusion's strength kind of went out the window as soon as Old Kaioshin explained Vegetto's strength:
Ye Olde Strength Checker wrote:Chapter: 504 (DBZ 310), P9.2-3
Context: as Vegetto beats up on Gohan-absorbed Boo
Kaioshin-Kibito: “H-he’s strong!!! Majin Boo there is helpless!!! To think that merging with the Potara would be this incredible…!!”
Elder Kaioshin: “Idiot, it’s because it was those two that they were able to go so far. Two of the top 3 masters in both the living world and afterlife have merged, after all. What’s more, two rivals have joined together. That’s definitely strongest.”
In a nutshell, something about Vegeta and Goku makes for unexpectedly strong Fusions, with little to no regard for the Fusion method used. Old Kaioshin clearly attributes Vegetto's abnormal power to primarily Goku and Vegeta, and unlike what the younger Kaioshin assumed, the Potara's superiority is treated as a secondary cause. If Vegetto is extra-strong because of Goku and Vegeta, then there's no reason why Gogeta shouldn't be extra-strong too. It's not that Gohan-Boo and Goku were wrong, just that there was an then-unknown extra factor that they couldn't have predicted. Even Vegetto himself was surprised at his own strength, and I'm sure Gogeta would have been much stronger than expected too if he were the one to appear.

So all things considered, if Goku-Vegeta Fusions are extra potent, then the sky's pretty much the limit for Gogeta's strength. The only actual requirement is that he's still somewhat weaker than Vegetto, since just about everything out there still says that Potara is the stronger Fusion method.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:42 pm

Kaboom wrote:Any prior guesses or expectations about a Goku-Vegeta Fusion's strength kind of went out the window as soon as Old Kaioshin explained Vegetto's strength:
When Vegetto was dominating Boo, the latter was going to say "It wasn't supposed to be that way", to which Vegetto pretty much reads his mind and says he is also surprised. So I'd say Boo's statement is backed up here.
Kaboom wrote:In a nutshell, something about Vegeta and Goku makes for unexpectedly strong Fusions, with little to no regard for the Fusion method used. Old Kaioshin clearly attributes Vegetto's abnormal power to primarily Goku and Vegeta, and unlike what the younger Kaioshin assumed, the Potara's superiority is treated as a secondary cause. If Vegetto is extra-strong because of Goku and Vegeta, then there's no reason why Gogeta shouldn't be extra-strong too. It's not that Gohan-Boo and Goku were wrong, just that there was an then-unknown extra factor that they couldn't have predicted. Even Vegetto himself was surprised at his own strength, and I'm sure
That's your interpretation. Old Kai's line doesn't have to necessarily be referring to a fusion between Goku and Vegeta being stronger than expected. He could've just meant that Vegetto is so strong because Goku and Vegeta are already that strong to begin with, meaning a fusion between two fighters exactly as strong as Goku and Vegeta would end up as strong as Vegetto. You can't expect two "weak" fighters would get you the same result. That's why Kibitoshin is called an idiot, because all he has to do is look at himself.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:19 pm

ahill1 wrote:That's your interpretation.
So? It's there, it works, it doesn't twist or ignore anything, and best of all it's an option that doesn't impose any extra dumb strict and arbitrary limits on Gogeta beyond the default "still weaker than Vegetto" one. Why not look at it that way when it allows so much freedom?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:29 am

Gogeta would destroy Boohan...
Vegetto is much stronger than Gogeta...For sure...
But Vegetto was WAY to much stronger than boo (his base form was far enough to play arroun with Boohan), so Gogeta SSJ2 or maybe SSJ3 could do the same...
Vados Sama!

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:39 am

I consider Gogeta at his strongest to be weaker than Gohan-Boo based on this statement:

Boo: “Now there’s another human with great power! But naturally he’s no match for me, even if they merged!

I don't see why people are saying that Boo was being overconfident when not long before he was actually admitting to a fusion of Goku and Gohan being risky. It doesn't seem reasonable to me that he would randomly go from a "If they fuse it could be risky, so I should stop them just in case." mindset to a "If they fuse, they'll definitely kick my ass, but I'll just not worry about it and gloat to nobody but myself that they're no match for me instead!" mindset out of nowhere.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:56 am

Analytic wrote:I consider Gogeta at his strongest to be weaker than Gohan-Boo based on this statement:

Boo: “Now there’s another human with great power! But naturally he’s no match for me, even if they merged!

I don't see why people are saying that Boo was being overconfident when not long before he was actually admitting to a fusion of Goku and Gohan being risky. It doesn't seem reasonable to me that he would randomly go from a "If they fuse it could be risky, so I should stop them just in case." mindset to a "If they fuse, they'll definitely kick my ass, but I'll just not worry about it and gloat to nobody but myself that they're no match for me instead!" mindset out of nowhere.
According to movie 12 & 13 and the Daizenshuu it is like this, Gogeta >> Janemba > Hirudegarn > Mystic Gohan.
There are two movie villains strong enough to defeat Mystic Gohan(the majority of Boohan's strength) much like Bootenks did and both of them were considerably weaker in comparison to SSJ Gogeta.
So I would say Boohan was being overconfident and unaware of just how strong Gogeta would actually be.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: