Will There be a potential "New Part" of the dragon Ball franchise in the future?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KawaiiNeko36

Will There be a potential "New Part" of the dragon Ball franchise in the future?

Post by KawaiiNeko36 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:49 pm

First let me introduce myself. I am KawaiiNeko36. I have never posted on this forum before but have been on it countless times. I mainly theorize and speculate on the Dragon Ball franchise and am a super hardcore fan. But, today I have come to discuss something with you all. So, with that being said, most of us on here should by now know about Dragon Ball Super Right? There are over 400 episodes in the entire franchise as of now and that number will continue to grow of course as Dragon Ball Super continues on. But as of now, I've seen countless fans speculating on when Dragon Ball Super will end...My theory is that it could go on for quite a long time; infact it probably won't end until Toriyama and Toyotaro write a fan-sufficient ending that will satisfy most if not all fans of the series. But just how many manga chapters will it take or more, How many episodes? I happen to think that like most fans that it may be that it will end in the tournament with Zeno-sama because of this one reason. If you have not realized it yet, Dragon Ball ended with a world tournament as well as Dragon Ball Z so that could leave that possibility. But contrary to that I think that it will not end there because technically I believe that Goku and Vegeta are NOT i repeat NOT Berrus's rival. I know what??? Well here's my proof: A tooon of people have been thinking Pan is the Rival, but over time that theory has almost faded away. But I will bring it back with a number of reasons. The first one being was when Beerus asked the Oracle fish about when his rival would appear. The oracle fish specifically replied that it would APPEAR IN 39 YEARS TIME. That there does NOT state that he will necessarily fight the rival. And it already leaves the possibility that the rival is NOT BORN YET. He said that they would appear. But at that time Goku and Vegeta already existed right? and even in their SSJ God Form, they still wouldn't be able to beat them. But if we look back on the one filler episode where pan flew off and everyone was searching for her, as i said she FLEW. Goten was still around 7 when he was learning to fly as was shown in the Buu arc with Gohan Training Videl. So that would already deduce that she is by far the first person to learn how to fly. And she didn't even need to be taught unlike all the other Z Warrirors. And also in that one scene where Future Trunks was looking after Pan, she had already kicked his ass before Gohan came back to check on the two. So that there must prove that Pan is Berrus's rival. Now back to our main topic, would the series really end without introducing Beerus's rival? hat really doesn't make sense now does it? But back to the amount of episodes, so far in each part of the franchise there are around 200-300 episodes. So if the series were not to just end on a short note there would at least have to be somewhere around 200 episodes at least. But then we have to factor in all the filler. And in Super there is noticably A LOT of filler. So therefore I think it will at least end around at least 250 episodes.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: Will There be a potential "New Part" of the dragon Ball franchise in the future?

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:22 pm

Considering it doesn't seem like they want to or plan to go beyond the 10 year gap the story has taken place in I doubt it.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Friezacooler
Regular

Re: Will There be a potential "New Part" of the dragon Ball franchise in the future?

Post by Friezacooler » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:34 am

They should make a dbs kai version. first in which the Looney tunes sillyness is cut out and powerscaling is respected. Lets see if the manga will out do the super anime, in that department. If so we would welcome a re-animition of the super manga.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:20 am

KawaiiNeko36 wrote:First let me introduce myself. I am KawaiiNeko36. I have never posted on this forum before but have been on it countless times. I mainly theorize and speculate on the Dragon Ball franchise and am a super hardcore fan. But, today I have come to discuss something with you all. So, with that being said, most of us on here should by now know about Dragon Ball Super Right? There are over 400 episodes in the entire franchise as of now and that number will continue to grow of course as Dragon Ball Super continues on. But as of now, I've seen countless fans speculating on when Dragon Ball Super will end...My theory is that it could go on for quite a long time; infact it probably won't end until Toriyama and Toyotaro write a fan-sufficient ending that will satisfy most if not all fans of the series. But just how many manga chapters will it take or more, How many episodes? I happen to think that like most fans that it may be that it will end in the tournament with Zeno-sama because of this one reason. If you have not realized it yet, Dragon Ball ended with a world tournament as well as Dragon Ball Z so that could leave that possibility. But contrary to that I think that it will not end there because technically I believe that Goku and Vegeta are NOT i repeat NOT Berrus's rival. I know what??? Well here's my proof: A tooon of people have been thinking Pan is the Rival, but over time that theory has almost faded away. But I will bring it back with a number of reasons. The first one being was when Beerus asked the Oracle fish about when his rival would appear. The oracle fish specifically replied that it would APPEAR IN 39 YEARS TIME. That there does NOT state that he will necessarily fight the rival. And it already leaves the possibility that the rival is NOT BORN YET. He said that they would appear. But at that time Goku and Vegeta already existed right? and even in their SSJ God Form, they still wouldn't be able to beat them. But if we look back on the one filler episode where pan flew off and everyone was searching for her, as i said she FLEW. Goten was still around 7 when he was learning to fly as was shown in the Buu arc with Gohan Training Videl. So that would already deduce that she is by far the first person to learn how to fly. And she didn't even need to be taught unlike all the other Z Warrirors. And also in that one scene where Future Trunks was looking after Pan, she had already kicked his ass before Gohan came back to check on the two. So that there must prove that Pan is Berrus's rival. Now back to our main topic, would the series really end without introducing Beerus's rival? hat really doesn't make sense now does it? But back to the amount of episodes, so far in each part of the franchise there are around 200-300 episodes. So if the series were not to just end on a short note there would at least have to be somewhere around 200 episodes at least. But then we have to factor in all the filler. And in Super there is noticably A LOT of filler. So therefore I think it will at least end around at least 250 episodes.
Hey, would you mind editing your initial post using paragraphs :)?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:16 am

I think Super will easily surpass 100 episodes and maybe even reach 150 but when Toriyama is done I think that's when they'll end Super but I doubt the DB franchise will end with it so we'll more than likely get another show written by Toei.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:16 pm

sintzu wrote:I think Super will easily surpass 100 episodes and maybe even reach 150 but when Toriyama is done I think that's when they'll end Super but I doubt the DB franchise will end with it so we'll more than likely get another show written by Toei.
Not likely I think. TOEI will keep making Dragon Ball Super as long as it makes money.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:49 pm

I'm thinking it may get 1 or two more arcs personally. And really it's primarily due to the weird crunch between arcs we have. It would actually be sometimes years between arcs but the anime appears most of it could have happened with a year and the manga seems like the current and previous could be the same month. It seems like they aren't interested in overwriting EOZ at this point. Plus with the stakes so high and meeting the King of Everything already it might be difficult to continue the series long term. As I keep saying,they can already punch the universe out of existence, it's hard to find new plausible threats

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:22 pm

They will keep it going as long if the show keeps on selling well. I could see them going beyond DBZ if they want too. I don't think over writing GT will be a issue seeing the show has been relevant in a long time. Merchandise for GT can still be made. Just have GT be a different continuity much like how Ultimate Marvel is to 616 Marvel. It's not like Toei and Bandai are going to erase characters from GT for good. You will still have them in the video games.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

BoosterZabi

Post by BoosterZabi » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:35 pm

Friezacooler wrote:first in which the Looney tunes sillyness is cut out
What does this even mean? So in other words 99% of the content in Dragon Ball?

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:21 pm

BoosterZabi wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:first in which the Looney tunes sillyness is cut out
What does this even mean? So in other words 99% of the content in Dragon Ball?
Obviously referring to the smoke grenade escape, Which is a dbs issue only. And fodder humans being able to stall samusa and black, and a fodder like trunks hurting something both Goku and vegea couldn't in stronger forms isn't caring about consistency at all.