What if you gained a Saiyan transformation? Who would you use it against to test your power?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

What if you gained a Saiyan transformation? Who would you use it against to test your power?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:00 pm

You can choose from all of the Dragon Ball canons as a source.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: What if you gained a Saiyan transformation? Who would you use it against to test your power?

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:01 pm

Probably Goku and Vegeta, since they'd be the most resilient and willing.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: What if you gained a Saiyan transformation? Who would you use it against to test your power?

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:10 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:You can choose from all of the Dragon Ball canons as a source.
I'd want SS God so I could lose weight at my whim. I'd test it out with my phone's camera
Retired.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:37 am

I would test it against those punching machines from the Boo Arc. I'd get a real kick out of seeing how much punching power I have when I'm trying to tap the machine as lightly as possible. If I wanted to test myself against another character, though, it would be Boo Arc Son Gohan. I say this because even if I became a Super Saiyan, I still wouldn't know how to fly and I know that he's a pretty good teacher.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:39 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:You can choose from all of the Dragon Ball canons as a source.
I'd want SS God so I could lose weight at my whim. I'd test it out with my phone's camera
For me, it would be a little different. As my answer is currently tied between these three of my absolute favorite Saiyan transformations; Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 4, and Super Saiyan Blue. But in the case of testing my strength against someone, it would be in order respectively to correspond with me not being able to make a decision between my favorite transformations. Super Saiyan Future Vegeta from when he was about to kill an injured Super Saiyan Future Goku with a Final Flash, Future Zamasu from when he was about to kill Future Gowasu with his God Split Cut, and whoever had manipulated Démigra into becoming evil in the first place or Goku Black, if he was still somehow born despite me killing Future Zamasu.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:53 pm

I'd test out Super Saiyajin's power on Taopaipai because I highly doubt that any of us have ki levels reaching, much less exceeding, 10.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:56 pm

Black Hawk wrote:I'd test out Super Saiyajin's power on Taopaipai because I highly doubt that any of us have ki levels reaching, much less exceeding, 10.
I disagree entirely. Your yuki requires training! It's true that we are limited in regard to physical strength. There's no doubt that we will hit a wall in development eventually. That says nothing about our overall potential with ki. It can amplify your mind, body, soul, and technique beyond human heights. It takes the proper steps, dedication, and patience to expertly hone it. You want to test your Super Saiyan ability? Well, that's one of the most ki-minded enhancers featured in the series. To transform at all, you'll need perfect shouki and intense rage, a contradictory, but possible concept. I assure you won't be able to turn it off and on like a light switch at first try. With that considered and containing the inspiration to upskill your rivals, why settle for a battle power of 10? A Saiyan's growth is said to immeasurable by machinery. Do away with that scouter model. It doesn't paint the entire portrait. The universe is your ceiling to jump through with exuberant genki. Those around you won't be satisfied with the small taste of energy Super Saiyan initially grants, I guarantee you that. Join the competition and discover what you can accomplish. Break past the standards other Saiyans couldn't achieve battling with their own contention. It's what Goku and Vegeta did.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:36 pm

Nejishiki wrote:
Black Hawk wrote:I'd test out Super Saiyajin's power on Taopaipai because I highly doubt that any of us have ki levels reaching, much less exceeding, 10.
I disagree entirely. Your yuki requires training! It's true that we are limited in regard to physical strength. There's no doubt that we will hit a wall in development eventually. That says nothing about our overall potential with ki. It can amplify your mind, body, soul, and technique beyond human heights. It takes the proper steps, dedication, and patience to expertly hone it. You want to test your Super Saiyan ability? Well, that's one of the most ki-minded enhancers featured in the series. To transform at all, you'll need perfect shouki and intense rage, a contradictory, but possible concept. I assure you won't be able to turn it off and on like a light switch at first try. With that considered and containing the inspiration to upskill your rivals, why settle for a battle power of 10? A Saiyan's growth is said to immeasurable by machinery. Do away with that scouter model. It doesn't paint the entire portrait. The universe is your ceiling to jump through with exuberant genki. Those around you won't be satisfied with the small taste of energy Super Saiyan initially grants, I guarantee you that. Join the competition and discover what you can accomplish. Break past the standards other Saiyans couldn't achieve battling with their own contention. It's what Goku and Vegeta did.
Not gonna lie; that was actually really inspirational. I'll change my target opponent from Taopaipai to No. 16.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:07 pm

At first when I saw this thread I thought you meant who to test it on in the real world... lol

But back to the topic I'd probably just test it on Goku; because why not?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:30 pm

Tien. He's pretty straight laced but would take a fight seriously too. He'd be a great sparring partner.