Would Super Saiyan 4 have been impressive to Beerus, Golden Frieza, Hit, Goku Black, and Zamasu?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Would Super Saiyan 4 have been impressive to Beerus, Golden Frieza, Hit, Goku Black, and Zamasu?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:29 pm

If Goku, Vegeta, and Future Trunks had managed to attain SSJ4 before the beginning of Dragon Ball Super, would it have been enough to at least impress their greatest of enemies?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Would Super Saiyan 4 have been impressive to Beerus, Golden Frieza, Hit, Goku Black, and Zamasu?

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:51 pm

Probably only appearance-wise. I wouldn't put the strength of Super Saiyan 4 above God.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: Would Super Saiyan 4 have been impressive to Beerus, Golden Frieza, Hit, Goku Black, and Zamasu?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:03 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Probably only appearance-wise. I wouldn't put the strength of Super Saiyan 4 above God.
Even so, Super Saiyan 4 might have been enough to let Goku, Vegeta, or Future Trunks to have defeated Hit, Goku Black, and Present Zamasu.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:39 pm

No because it was stated in a guide book that a single Ssj4 was on par with Ssj Vegetto who was far behind Beerus.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:21 pm

sintzu wrote:No because it was stated in a guide book that a single Ssj4 was on par with Ssj Vegetto who was far behind Beerus.
That illogical guide book stated "berhaps" just claiming they aren't sure what they on about. There is also another source stating, that Vegetto is just equal to Gogetta ssj1. so no were near ssj4, cause the powerscaling of GT works as GT being a power up continuation to Z.
Still DB super has to much illogical powerscaling, so can't compare it to Z or GT that take the power difference between characters as a major plot point. While in super ssj1 trunks is able to compete with ssj blue, despite Beerus stating regular ki can't compete with god ki.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:28 pm

I personally like to keep it simple - GT takes place further in the timeline, so if you were to try and combine it and Super's storylines, then SS4 and likewise the foes it gets used against are likely all stronger than Super Saiyan God or even Super Saiyan Blue. Now whether they'd be enough to impress and/or beat Beerus or Whis or the few characters already stronger than Goku/Vegeta in Super though, that's questionable regardless.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:43 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:Probably only appearance-wise. I wouldn't put the strength of Super Saiyan 4 above God.
Even so, Super Saiyan 4 might have been enough to let Goku, Vegeta, or Future Trunks to have defeated Hit, Goku Black, and Present Zamasu.
Based on what?

No seriously what?What has SSJ4 done that has made anyone think it has the power to challenge people stronger than red haired SSJG you know the one that has the power to casually throw around universal energy.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:12 am

In terms of time line, SSJ4 if it was in the same continuity as Super would take place after they absorbed God power in base making Goku in base stronger than Z SSJ3 which he actually is in GT. That being said if all his other current SSJ forms are equivalent due to base being similar then it's possible SSB and SSJ4 could be comparable to one another.

Short answer, we won't know until Super is over.

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:59 am

Technically ssj4 is just like a condensed Oozaru form.
Couldn't you transform into it and clad yourself in god ki aswell. A blue haired ssj4.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:37 am

sintzu wrote:No because it was stated in a guide book that a single Ssj4 was on par with Ssj Vegetto who was far behind Beerus.
No, I think the guidebook was referring to SSJ4 'Goku'. Goku's base is said to be as strong as Buu's in GT.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:13 pm

Personally I think Beerus would be slightly impressed by his power. So instead of defeating in two hits. It would take him at least 3-5 hits. Before Goku going down. Vegeta might have done more damage when in rage mode. Personally and this is my opinion. But I see if Vegeta and Goku fused at ssj4; gogeta ssj4 would be roughly 50% Beerus true power. I say this cause Beerus lies a lot. So when he said Goku pushed him to 70%. He was lying. Personally I see ssjgod Goku to be 20-30% Beerus true power.

This form would be a non factor until they achieved god power. So hypothically they could become ssj4 blue. Which could work.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:18 pm

Well Zamasu originally lost to SSJ2 Goku, so at that point SSJ4 would almost certainly be very impressive to him.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Gokuto

Post by Gokuto » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:59 pm

Nah, I heavily doubt it. The jump between SSJ3 and SSJ4 seems way less than the jump to SSJG, which opened up a whole realm and tier of power.
The multiplier for SSJ4 was at most 10x, while SSJG and SSJB are unfathomable thus far.
You'll laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are - Mr. Piccolo

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:11 pm

Gokuto wrote:Nah, I heavily doubt it. The jump between SSJ3 and SSJ4 seems way less than the jump to SSJG, which opened up a whole realm and tier of power.
The multiplier for SSJ4 was at most 10x, while SSJG and SSJB are unfathomable thus far.
judging from the last 3 episodes a regular sssj1 or 2 trunks was competing with Samusa and Black Goku. Meaning powerscaling in super is all over the place giving GT an automatic win.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:40 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Well Zamasu originally lost to SSJ2 Goku, so at that point SSJ4 would almost certainly be very impressive to him.
Zamasu lost to the same Goku who's base is above SSJ3 Gotenks and possibly SSJG tier makes SSJ4 look impressive?
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:43 pm

We can speculate all day, but since they exist in totally separate continuities, it's impossible to tell one way or the other.
Retired.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:38 pm

Guys. I think he means the heroes from dbs accuring ssj4 before God form. Pre-God Ki they can wipe most of the u6 fighters, final form Frieza, zamasu, and black Goku before becoming stronger. However worthless against hit, golden Frieza, champa, and Beerus.

But after gaining God Ki and imagine that with ssj4? It would be op.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:58 am

Berserker1921 wrote:Guys. I think he means the heroes from dbs accuring ssj4 before God form. Pre-God Ki they can wipe most of the u6 fighters, final form Frieza, zamasu, and black Goku before becoming stronger. However worthless against hit, golden Frieza, champa, and Beerus.

But after gaining God Ki and imagine that with ssj4? It would be op.
Doubt it. Anime's power levels are so wonky they pretty much have all the fodder characters like Assault Frost and Base Cabba at like SSJ3 Gotenks+ tier at the very least.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:06 pm

Adding or clarifying my post, I don't think it's the form itself but the user, Goku himself because he was so strong at base form.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:14 pm

I don't think there is a real answer to this because they exist in two different time periods but I am curious of the two which would be stronger. We just assume that because it is God ki whoever receives it should be a lot stronger because of the increase to power but if Krillin gets it does it make him stronger? I mean all this stuff isn't deeply explained and neither is SSJ4 really so you should make of it whatever you want it to be. Now would those characters be impressed? Most likely no because they weren't impressed with SSJB to begin with I doubt ssj4 would get a different reaction.