(Spoilers) So with the Super ... Destroyed..

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2138
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

(Spoilers) So with the Super ... Destroyed..

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:45 pm

Does this mean that the original dragon balls(our earth dragon balls) have also vanished..? Because keep in mind that the regular dragon balls are actually creations of the original super dragon balls. And thus "should" not be able to exist without the original super dragon balls..

What are your thoughts?
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7854
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: (Spoilers) So with the Super ... Destroyed..

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:50 pm

Nothing implies they should. The Namekian ones might as they're actually made of the Super Dragon Balls chunks being cut down but the Earth ones are nothing but pale imitations of ones from Namek. And we know from the Freeza arc that the Namekian balls being inert didn't stop Popo from using Shenron to revive everyone killed by Freeza and his men.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5478
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Nagano
Contact:

Re: (Spoilers) So with the Super ... Destroyed..

Post by Cipher » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:01 pm

I don't think they're linked like that. At the very least, nothing implies they are.

And at any rate, the Super Dragon Balls were only destroyed in an alternate version of events to come, a future course that's been prevented by Beerus killing Zamasu.

User avatar
Lionel
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1852
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:54 am

Re: (Spoilers) So with the Super ... Destroyed..

Post by Lionel » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:45 pm

I agree in that this is only possible with the Namekian Dragon Balls. Earth's should remain intact. Did Black clarify if he destroyed the Super Dragon Balls in his own universe? We know they did so in the future. So if the Super and Namekian Dragon Balls are intrinsically linked then Future Trunks' timeline is completely cut off from the Dragon Balls unless they are able to persuade the Namekians to provide a Kami for Earth who can reactivate theirs.

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2138
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: (Spoilers) So with the Super ... Destroyed..

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:54 pm

Well ofcourse i'm only just merely speculating here. But maybe Dende(as all namekians of the dragon clan) can magically materialise it out of thin air from those fragments of the original ones.. And as it now stands, everything in this arc is currently set up to create totally desperate situation. So from a dark story point of view, it would be awesome if the earths dragon balls were no longer in tact either. Creating a truly desperate situation. It also sets up a perfect reason to go visit Zarama. Since he hasn't been introduced thus far. And he obviously should be introduced at some point, because it's pointless to just mention him once, never for him to be eventually seen.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
Friezacooler
Regular
Posts: 694
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:13 am

Re: (Spoilers) So with the Super ... Destroyed..

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:04 am

They could simply time travel to get any of the 3 dragonballs, or did Samusa gain same ability as beerus to erase things from all of existence?.

User avatar
Nejishiki
I Live Here
Posts: 2406
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:45 am

Re: (Spoilers) So with the Super ... Destroyed..

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:24 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:It also sets up a perfect reason to go visit Zarama. Since he hasn't been introduced thus far. And he obviously should be introduced at some point, because it's pointless to just mention him once, never for him to be eventually seen.
Well, General Copper & Gichamu were mentioned and neglected use beyond their reference. I don't think Zalama particularly has to appear or else narratives fall apart, as per your suggestion. I'd like to see what he's about, of course. That would make for an interesting arc. It's just divorced from an idea Toriyama is fulfilling checklists. Precedence exists with Dragon Ball never exploring every element it introduces, only the currently necessary (most engaging?) ones.

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2138
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: (Spoilers) So with the Super ... Destroyed..

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:36 am

Friezacooler wrote:They could simply time travel to get any of the 3 dragonballs, or did Samusa gain same ability as beerus to erase things from all of existence?.
They wished for the dragon balls to be destroyed "beyond repair" so basically the dragon commited divine suicide.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
Friezacooler
Regular
Posts: 694
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:13 am

Re: (Spoilers) So with the Super ... Destroyed..

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:11 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:They could simply time travel to get any of the 3 dragonballs, or did Samusa gain same ability as beerus to erase things from all of existence?.
They wished for the dragon balls to be destroyed "beyond repair" so basically the dragon commited divine suicide.
So the dragon destroyed a couple thousands of galaxies, being the character with the best feat from dragonball?.

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2138
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: (Spoilers) So with the Super ... Destroyed..

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:07 pm

Friezacooler wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:They could simply time travel to get any of the 3 dragonballs, or did Samusa gain same ability as beerus to erase things from all of existence?.
They wished for the dragon balls to be destroyed "beyond repair" so basically the dragon commited divine suicide.
So the dragon destroyed a couple thousands of galaxies, being the character with the best feat from dragonball?.
When did i ever mention or imply any of that?
I simply said that he commited divine suicide per their request. Nothing more.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

Post Reply