How Could Fusion Return In A New & Exciting Way?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

theherodjl
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1567
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:12 pm
Location: The Planes of Lexington

How Could Fusion Return In A New & Exciting Way?

Post by theherodjl » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:58 pm

There's the fusion dance: potara earrings, Namekian conjoining between 2 warrior-types, Androids taking in each other's parts like #13 or taking in whole other's bodies like Cell, Boo's gummy merging with other wads of his being containing people, and then whatever process Dr. Lychee's computer did to fuse the hatred of all villains to make Hatchback.
How could fusion appear in a different fashion to create another powerful warrior?
My bet would be something along the lines of temporarily giving one person the powers of multiple fighters that must be returned to their owners eventually, because this particular fusion process creates an unstable powerplant of Ki that continuously rises and inevitably explodes killing the user if careless.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4255
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: How Could Fusion Return In A New & Exciting Way?

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:42 am

Looking at the new Dragonball Fusions Game:

EX-Fusion (via Metamo-Ring)

Maxi Fusion (Fusion of 5, lasts long enough to unleash a strong attack)
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

User avatar
Friezacooler
Regular
Posts: 694
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:13 am

Re: How Could Fusion Return In A New & Exciting Way?

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:39 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Looking at the new Dragonball Fusions Game:

EX-Fusion (via Metamo-Ring)

Maxi Fusion (Fusion of 5, lasts long enough to unleash a strong attack)
Fusion return, sounds like a interesting title for Janemba's rebirth XD.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20967
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: How Could Fusion Return In A New & Exciting Way?

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:15 pm

I doubt it. Fusion is exactly what the name means. Two characters fusing together to become one. I don't know how you can revolutionise or spice up a premise like that.

theherodjl
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1567
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:12 pm
Location: The Planes of Lexington

Re: How Could Fusion Return In A New & Exciting Way?

Post by theherodjl » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:05 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I doubt it. Fusion is exactly what the name means. Two characters fusing together to become one. I don't know how you can revolutionise or spice up a premise like that.
In that case then any variant or upgrade of SSJ in past, present, and future is simply just SSJ. There's no reason that SSJ can be revolutionized or spiced up simply because SSJ is it's name, spiky hair and an aura with a corresponding color. Nothing to change it's definition or premise.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Wizard Sesame
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:19 am

Re: How Could Fusion Return In A New & Exciting Way?

Post by Wizard Sesame » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:34 pm

If Toriyama hadn't used it for Bibidi and Babidi, I would have thought a villain that could fission himself into an army of underlings that act independently from each other, but can fuse back into one enormously powerful villain would have been interesting.

In my headcanon, Avocado is actually such a being, with Abo and Kado not being brothers, but rather, just pieces of Aka.
Last edited by Wizard Sesame on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here
Posts: 2937
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Re: How Could Fusion Return In A New & Exciting Way?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:02 pm

theherodjl wrote:There's the fusion dance: potara earrings, Namekian conjoining between 2 warrior-types, Androids taking in each other's parts like #13 or taking in whole other's bodies like Cell, Boo's gummy merging with other wads of his being containing people, and then whatever process Dr. Lychee's computer did to fuse the hatred of all villains to make Hatchback.
How could fusion appear in a different fashion to create another powerful warrior?
My bet would be something along the lines of temporarily giving one person the powers of multiple fighters that must be returned to their owners eventually, because this particular fusion process creates an unstable powerplant of Ki that continuously rises and inevitably explodes killing the user if careless.
An anime based on Dragon Ball: Fusions would do the trick.

Post Reply