How would you want Gohan to come back?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

How would you want Gohan to come back?

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:53 pm

Say Gohan returns to the action in a relevant way that made him powerful enough to compete in the Omniversal Tournament. How would you want him to become relevant again if you were writing the script?

For me, personally, I would love to see him have his own form again, like Ultimate Gohan.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: How would you want Gohan to come back?

Post by theherodjl » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:02 pm

Gohan cannot be relevant unless he obtains Godly power, even if he found a way to stack SSJ3 on top of Ultimate he'd be outclassed by the likes of Frost, Magetta, or Cabba.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Nocky

Post by Nocky » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:18 pm

Since this is Gohan we're talking about, he probably only needs a "tune-up" from someone like Old Kaioshin to inexplicably restore him to the fore. And honestly, that'd be alright by me.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:23 pm

theherodjl wrote:Gohan cannot be relevant unless he obtains Godly power, even if he found a way to stack SSJ3 on top of Ultimate he'd be outclassed by the likes of Frost, Magetta, or Cabba.
Let's be honest... At this point it's not hard.
And the perfect way would have been after Freeza but they fucked that up. So now, I'd just be fine with him training under whis. Would be great if we get a better explanation of ssb that way. Let him compare the ki flow to something in technology.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:49 pm

kinisking wrote:
theherodjl wrote:Gohan cannot be relevant unless he obtains Godly power, even if he found a way to stack SSJ3 on top of Ultimate he'd be outclassed by the likes of Frost, Magetta, or Cabba.
Let's be honest... At this point it's not hard.
And the perfect way would have been after Freeza but they fucked that up. So now, I'd just be fine with him training under whis. Would be great if we get a better explanation of ssb that way. Let him compare the ki flow to something in technology.
Gohan joins Vegeta in this current time chamber trip and achieves the same form as Trunks.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:29 pm

Give him Super Saiyan Blue, have him knock around a few villains and then call it day. Seriously, what more can they do with Gohan at this stage?

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:49 pm

Give him long super saiyan 3 hair and colour it blue with god ki.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:08 am

I'd have him train with Whis and get his mystic form back.
theherodjl wrote:Gohan cannot be relevant unless he obtains Godly power.
Not having that Ki isn't stopping Trunks from not only being on Goku and Vegeta's level but even surpassing it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:35 am

With a cup of tea, a book in front of him and Pan and Videl next to him.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:23 pm

sintzu wrote:Not having that Ki isn't stopping Trunks from not only being on Goku and Vegeta's level but even surpassing it.
Judging by the blue aura coming from him I'd say Trunks inherited the get-God-power-quick ability from his father and is a sort of pseudo-SSJB, kind of like how False SSJ is to SSJ.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Videl divorcing him. Dead-ass.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:49 am

He just trains and gains a massive power boost like Frieza.

I want Gohan to keep up with everyone in his base form.
sintzu wrote:I'd have him train with Whis and get his mystic form back.

Not having that Ki isn't stopping Trunks from not only being on Goku and Vegeta's level but even surpassing it.
But Trunks has the Z sword, well atleast in the manga.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:34 am

Cetra wrote:With a cup of tea, a book in front of him and Pan and Videl next to him.
That's all a man truly needs, at the end of the day.

If we must see him come back into the mold of fighting though (which done right would be cool, I've never said it wouldn't be - I'm just also totally fine with him having achieved a happy normal life too), I think going back to the 'he and Piccolo have been sparring' thing would be nice. It'd whip him back into shape and lead to him doing something else to get stronger, and it'd also be a way to have Piccolo get stronger a little bit too, by sparring against the stronger Gohan.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Alehandrew

Post by Alehandrew » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:59 pm

In DBS they don't need to think too hard about it to line up with the rest of the plot points going on... just get him to train with Whis, motivated and in the RoSaT, worried about pan and videl, or some other simple solution. Then he just needs to show up and go SSB, fight it out for a bit for him only to be pushed passed the limit to ... SSS (Super Saiyan SILVER! Has that been used yet?)

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:56 am

It's the greatest story never told. Everyone goes to the next fun adventure, except Gohan, Goten, Trunks, their parents, Videl, and Pan. A foe from another universe shows up, wishing to challenge Goku and Vegeta. He goes to the strongest pl on earth, (Gohan) and is not impressed. He figures that they're hiding and if he messes Earth up, they'll show up. the foe at full power is only slightly above SSJ3, but for Gohan, that's more than a match. Gohan tries to stop the foe, but he's too strong. Videl is in the area with Pan and appears trying to protect Gohan. The foe decides to have some fun, takes Videl and Pan, kidnaps them for ransom: bring Goku and Vegeta, and he'll release Videl and Pan

Gohan recruits Goten and Trunks for Gotenks and they go after the villain in his giant fortress that he can make. There's traps and stupid stuff until they get to the top. Goten and Trunks fuse, and at basic SSJ they are winning against the foe, but he outsmarts them, and the fusion is forcibly broken. The foe is disappointed that not only did Goku and Vegeta not appear, but Goten and Trunks were a waste of time, and now he's going to beat Gohan down, and force Videl and Pan to watch as he kills Gohan.

As Gohan gets his ass utterly kicked, he thinks about how often he's had others to protect him when he was weak, but even when he was at his strongest, he still depended on others. He thinks about how he asked Goten and Trunks for help, realizing how far he's fallen. He realizes that as much as he wants to be a man of peace, Earth will always be a hotspot for danger, and Goku won't always be there. Gohan has to accept that not only must he be a scholar, and a family man, he must also juggle the responsibility of training to protect the Earth, just in case. This acceptance releases the mental block that kept him from his ultimate (or mystic) form. He beats the foe within an inch of his life, and with his wife and daughter watching, spares the foe, telling him to leave and never return. The beaten foe blubbers his apologies and gets the fudge out of dodge. No one says anything to Goku or Piccolo about what Gohan did, and he likes it that way.

PS there was yet another business meeting same time as the omniversal tournament. Gohan had to miss it, but hey, he's back to full strength again.