What about the Makaioshin?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

What about the Makaioshin?

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:48 pm

We haven't heard anything regarding the Makaioshin since DBSuper started. It's starting to seem like the Hakaioshin are the opposites of the Kaioshin instead.

What do you guys think? Will we ever learn more about them, or is it a concept lost to time?

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Re: What about the Makaioshin?

Post by Captain Strawberry » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:37 pm

Until next time until we go to the Demon realm arc

maybe there will be a Black tournament there too? Maybe we will see the 4 kings too!
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:54 am

I sincerely hope so. They hold so much potential as a compelling adversary with a smorgasbord of potential lore concerning the dimension they reside in, their system of governance, what their function is in the greater design of the universe, how their relationship is relative to Kaioshins and Hakaishins, and the abilities of their fighters (both Akkuman and Dabura exhibited a knack for magic so that may be an indicator of what their combat abilities are focused upon).

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:17 pm

Now that you brought it up, I really hope the next arc involves something Makaioshin related.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:33 pm

I wonder why for several years that in canon-lore there has been an established hierarchy of evil beings opposite the Kaioshin & Kaio but we have yet to see or hear of any such beings , it's a pointless addition to the story if they're not going to capitalize on such an interesting concept in non-canon material either.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:05 pm

I REALLY want an entire arc focusing on the Maikaioshin. A story focusing on Goku and co. traveling there? It's just begging to happen. Still, who would be the antagonist(s)? Towa and Mira?

Also, if a Makaioshin arc actually DOES end up happening in Dragon Ball Super, who here thinks the Dark Dragon Balls (introduced in (Super) Dragon Ball Heroes) should be a plot point for said hypothetical arc?

Obviously, I'm not counting Zamasu.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:49 pm

The Makaioshin are the greatest concept that Dragon Ball has never delved into. I hope to God one day Toriyama remembers that lore bomb he dropped all those years ago and runs with it for an arc in Super. It has the potential to produce some of the best stories Dragon Ball has ever had.

Ash57
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ash57 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:56 pm

Lucifer, the main antagonist from DB: Sleeping Princess on Devil's Castle, is a makaioshin if i remember correctly.
"No matter how many times you spend on these forums. No matter how arrogant you are, you'll eventually lose a debate. So stop and admit that you're not omniscient"

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:59 pm

Toriyama mentioned the Makaioshin appeared weak compared to their Kaioshin brethren. It would be fitting if they took a behind-the-scenes approach like Red and Black did. I could see the story revolving around restoring the glory of the Demon Realm Dabra left behind. On the other hand, it could be similar to how Namekians expel evil, in which no visual changes are made and you can "technically" consider Zamasu one simply for his delinquent motives.
Ash57 wrote:Lucifer, the main antagonist from DB: Sleeping Princess on Devil's Castle, is a makaioshin if i remember correctly.
That is not true.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:41 pm

Nejishiki wrote:On the other hand, it could be similar to how Namekians expel evil, in which no visual changes are made and you can "technically" consider Zamasu one simply for his delinquent motives.
The problem with the entire concept is that we apparently don't have enough clarity in what little introductory material there is to determine what they are. Different to the wording on the site, Herms' translation of that tidbit says delinquent Shinjin go to be with Makaio and Makaioshin in Makai...but that doesn't mean that these Shinjin BECOME Makaio and Makaioshin. They the gods and kings of the Demon Realm could be completely separate, demonic creatures that the delinquent Shinjin just serve under.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:18 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:The Makaioshin are the greatest concept that Dragon Ball has never delved into. I hope to God one day Toriyama remembers that lore bomb he dropped all those years ago and runs with it for an arc in Super. It has the potential to produce some of the best stories Dragon Ball has ever had.
Greatest lore bomb?
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:01 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:The Makaioshin are the greatest concept that Dragon Ball has never delved into. I hope to God one day Toriyama remembers that lore bomb he dropped all those years ago and runs with it for an arc in Super. It has the potential to produce some of the best stories Dragon Ball has ever had.
Greatest lore bomb?
It's among the greatest.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:13 pm

I'm pretty sure Dabura (king of the Demon Realm), Towa (Dabura's sister), Mechikabura (Dabura's grandfather) and Demigra are supposed to be Makaioshins. They changed the terminology slightly but it all fits. Demigra was literally said to have founded the Demon Realm after he fell from the Heavenly Realm.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:19 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
I'm pretty sure Dabura (king of the Demon Realm), Towa (Dabura's sister), Mechikabura (Dabura's grandfather) and Demigra are supposed to be Makaioshins. They changed the terminology slightly but it all fits. Demigra was literally said to have founded the Demon Realm after he fell from the Heavenly Realm.
Wait... Dabra has a grandfather? Since when?

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:37 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:
He's the old guy seen at the beginning of the Super Dragon Ball Heroes intro:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:58 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:
He's the old guy seen at the beginning of the Super Dragon Ball Heroes intro:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Oh, it's that Dragon Ball Heroes bullshit.

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:12 pm

Toriyama probably forgot about the 魔界王神/Makaioshin.
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:00 pm

Marco Polo wrote:I'm pretty sure Dabura (king of the Demon Realm), Towa (Dabura's sister), Mechikabura (Dabura's grandfather) and Demigra are supposed to be Makaioshins. They changed the terminology slightly but it all fits. Demigra was literally said to have founded the Demon Realm after he fell from the Heavenly Realm
None of the characters listed are suggested to be Makaioshin. Given that guidebooks have been published since that tidbit was revealed, it would stand to reason that it would be specified by now. Dabra is still referenced as simply the ruler of the Demon Realm and I suppose, by relation, Towa wouldn't be one if her brother isn't.

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:10 pm

Zamasu is bascially a Makaioshin tbh

a little bit altered, but it's a similar concept

having actual Makaioshin appear would be pretty redundant if you ask me

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:32 pm

Why are the Makaioushin asked for, I might wonder? Isn't it more that people want to see the stuff around them?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"