Why didn't FutureGoku use King Kai's abilities to warn Future Gohan of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ash57
Beyond Newbie

Why didn't FutureGoku use King Kai's abilities to warn Future Gohan of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

Post by Ash57 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:54 pm

Title.

Goku could touch King Kai's back and talk to Gohan just fine, just like he did when Gohan was clashing with Cell and like Yamcha talked to Bulma after everyone was teleported to the Earth. So why didn't Goku use King Kai's abilities to warn Future Gohan of the existence of the HTC, so Gohan would train and most likely become stronger than the androids?
"No matter how many times you spend on these forums. No matter how arrogant you are, you'll eventually lose a debate. So stop and admit that you're not omniscient"

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Why didn't FutureGoku use King Kai's abilities to warn Future Gohan of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

Post by Lionel » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:45 pm

Good question. If I recall correctly, Goku conveyed how he would visit King Kai and Bubbles again should he die -- that would have been an opportune moment to relay the news of a transdimensional room that can be used to greatly increase power. You'll simply need to chalk it up to suspension of disbelief as the timeline of events would run counterintuitively to Toriyama's intended context for Trunks' world. You could extend the parameters of this scenario further and have Goku call upon his one day return to the mortal realm to teleport Gohan to New Namek and use their Dragon Balls.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Why didn't FutureGoku use King Kai's abilities to warn Future Gohan of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:59 pm

He probably didn't think about it. I doubt Goku was watching over everyone since his contact with the living world is likely limited. Goku didn't know who Goten was and that #18 is married with Krillin.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:06 pm

Goku died of natural causes in the future so his body is gone.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Sarcasmos

Post by Sarcasmos » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:22 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Goku died of natural causes in the future so his body is gone.
In a Super bonus chapter future Goku has his body.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:30 pm

Sarcasmos wrote:
It was just an excuse for a shitty joke.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:13 pm

Ash57 wrote:Title.

Goku could touch King Kai's back and talk to Gohan just fine, just like he did when Gohan was clashing with Cell and like Yamcha talked to Bulma after everyone was teleported to the Earth. So why didn't Goku use King Kai's abilities to warn Future Gohan of the existence of the HTC, so Gohan would train and most likely become stronger than the androids?
I think that Kami's Lookout was destroyed in the future and Future Korin died there.
I also don't think Goku kept his body in the future.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:26 pm

Because everyone in the future timeline is a gargantuan asshole, perfectly content to abandon everyone on Earth to their prolonged, painful existence. And no, don't tell me "Well Goku couldn't warn him!" or "Well Vegeta is gone!" yeah and what's Piccolo doing in the afterlife? What's his excuse for not badgering King Kai until he contacts New Namek?

And don't tell me King Kai doesn't have to involve himself because it's an Earth problem. King Kai already made such an exception when he helps Bulma figure out where Namek is. This action in no way whatsoever helps the greater universe, it's just him deciding to help out his pupil and his tiny, insignificant planet. Hell, King Kai doesn't even bat an eye when everyone who visits him cheats the system by taking his training, training meant for dead warriors yet Goku and Piccolo and the rest all get it, then cheat by returning to life. Pretty sure that's not meant to happen either but does King Kai care? Nope, so spare me the BS of "King Kai can't intervene!" cause I ain't buying it.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:43 pm

Sarcasmos wrote:
Where can I see this bonus chapter?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:18 pm

TobyS wrote:
Sarcasmos wrote:
Where can I see this bonus chapter?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
ekrolo2 wrote:Because everyone in the future timeline is a gargantuan asshole, perfectly content to abandon everyone on Earth to their prolonged, painful existence. And no, don't tell me "Well Goku couldn't warn him!" or "Well Vegeta is gone!" yeah and what's Piccolo doing in the afterlife? What's his excuse for not badgering King Kai until he contacts New Namek?

And don't tell me King Kai doesn't have to involve himself because it's an Earth problem. King Kai already made such an exception when he helps Bulma figure out where Namek is. This action in no way whatsoever helps the greater universe, it's just him deciding to help out his pupil and his tiny, insignificant planet. Hell, King Kai doesn't even bat an eye when everyone who visits him cheats the system by taking his training, training meant for dead warriors yet Goku and Piccolo and the rest all get it, then cheat by returning to life. Pretty sure that's not meant to happen either but does King Kai care? Nope, so spare me the BS of "King Kai can't intervene!" cause I ain't buying it.
You say it like they're actually capable of reaching New Namek.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:24 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: You say it like they're actually capable of reaching New Namek.
Don't need to, Goku just uses the phone in kaios back to tell the namekians to gather em up and use them for them.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:28 am

When Goku died, there were no androids around, so telling Gohan about the RoSaT would not be a pressing issue.

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:47 am

dbgtFO wrote:

When Goku died, there were no androids around, so telling Gohan about the RoSaT would not be a pressing issue.

That does not matter. You're telling me Goku saw nothing wrong when he saw almost every damn Z fighter in hevean? That is just another excuse Goku should of mentioned the chamber the moment he saw all his friends dead 3 years later. King kai helps out of nowhere in saiyan and Buu saga but he doesn't help now?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:06 am

Perfectionist-Cell wrote:That does not matter. You're telling me Goku saw nothing wrong when he saw almost every damn Z fighter in hevean? That is just another excuse Goku should of mentioned the chamber the moment he saw all his friends dead 3 years later. King kai helps out of nowhere in saiyan and Buu saga but he doesn't help now?
Goku may not ever have become aware that something was up back on Earth and he may not have met his friends in heaven either.
The thing is we don't know, so blaming Goku, when we don't have such crucial information seems a bit harsh.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:14 am

Perfectionist-Cell wrote: King kai helps out of nowhere in saiyan and Buu saga but he doesn't help now?
Those are major threats. #17 and #18 are only threats to the Earth and nothing else. Vegeta and Nappa have been known to wipe out other planets before. Buu was a threat to the whole universe and even King Enma had Vegeta be sent back to Earth to fight Buu.
She/Her

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:34 am

North Kaio specifically helped Goku, his prized student. Excluding outside continuity, he was never concerned with Earth, in particular. Any immediate concern derives from caring about Goku. Otherwise, he watches over all of his planets equally, without interference.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:57 pm

After everyone died, Goku was probably like "There's not much we can do". Not to mention it's possible that #17 and #18 blew up Kami's Lookout before they can use the Room of Spirit and Time.
She/Her

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:42 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Sarcasmos wrote:
It was just an excuse for a shitty joke.
Even if it's a "shitty joke" it's still more real than the statement in your first post.

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:35 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:That does not matter. You're telling me Goku saw nothing wrong when he saw almost every damn Z fighter in hevean? That is just another excuse Goku should of mentioned the chamber the moment he saw all his friends dead 3 years later. King kai helps out of nowhere in saiyan and Buu saga but he doesn't help now?
Goku may not ever have become aware that something was up back on Earth and he may not have met his friends in heaven either.
The thing is we don't know, so blaming Goku, when we don't have such crucial information seems a bit harsh.

Well... I'm going to say this.

Suppose Goku did not meet them. I'm pretty sure Piccolo Tien Yamcha and Chaotzu all went to King Kais planet Vegeta and Krillin may tag along. They tell him their problem and he would be happy to help. They can ask the Nameks to summon Porunga and ask them to wish all of them back to life and fix earth from all the damage the androids inflicted on it. Goku is confused on how he is alive and then Piccolo fills him in when he finds him. They go into the HTC and then goodbye androids.

But there is one flaw with this. Why wouldn't Goku go to King Kai's planet? He always goes there.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:41 pm

Perfectionist-Cell wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:

Well... I'm going to say this.

Suppose Goku did not meet them. I'm pretty sure Piccolo Tien Yamcha and Chaotzu all went to King Kais planet Vegeta and Krillin may tag along. They tell him their problem and he would be happy to help. They can ask the Nameks to summon Porunga and ask them to wish all of them back to life and fix earth from all the damage the androids inflicted on it. Goku is confused on how he is alive and then Piccolo fills him in when he finds him. They go into the HTC and then goodbye androids.

But there is one flaw with this. Why wouldn't Goku go to King Kai's planet? He always goes there.

Maybe because of adventure
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller