What would be a good idea for a saga?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

What would be a good idea for a saga?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:25 am

One for each of the four series of Dragon Ball?

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What would be a good idea for a saga?

Post by nickzambuto » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:52 am

Anything involving Yamcha being a hero and winning a fight would be nice.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:11 am

The 'All of the Saiyans are out of commission so it's up to Piccolo, Krillin, Tenshinhan, Chaotzu and the others to save the day' saga.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:12 pm

I'd advocate for a mini saga where Gohan and Piccolo spend time together away from everyone and reconnect. Piccolo would read Gohan the riot act and basically say, "Look, your Ultimate form is very powerful. You don't have to train as hard as Goku and Vegeta and become a Super Saiyan Blue, but you NEED to keep up with your training."

Then there would be a main saga where Goku and Vegeta get stuck in another universe and have to befriend other species to help them get back to Universe 7.

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:44 pm

A saga where Goku Trunks Piccolo Gohan and Vegeta fight Cosmic entities. I would enjoy this.

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Someone who looks like ランラン / Ran Ran appears from 第6宇宙 / Universe 6 with a paper amulet on her head, fuses with 餃子 / Chiaotzu to become 小ギョウザ / Ogyoza / Little Gyoza, and then rage transforms into a temporary 魔界王神 / Makkaioshin (for reasons). It turns out that Ran Ran was used as the container for a 魔封波 / mafuba in an alternate time line or something. The only way the four star gang can defeat this new evil is by extracting the, just now discovered, meta disc from アラレ / Arale so that ブルマ / Bulma can build メカ鳥山ロボ / Mecha Toriyama Robo, a system so advanced that it lets the 鳥山の元気 / Spirit of Toriyma breach the fourth wall and remain glued within the Dragon Ball multiverse. Obviously, more stuff happens... probably some retcons here and there. In the end, we cut to 全王 / Zeno and Mecha Toriyama Robo playing on top of the giant jellyfish under Zeno's palace. Sadly, by this point, Spirit of Toriyma is replaced with the 東映の元気 / Spirit of Toei, a force that manifests itself in FujiTV's new point and click TV adventure system, powered by Nintendo Amiibos.
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:47 pm

Jaco the Galactic Patrolman for Dragonball.

For Dragonball Z, Earth is attacked when Goku was on Yardrat and Vegeta was searching for him.

For GT or Super, The Red Ribbon Army returns with genetically modified humans, modified with all the alien tech from Freeza's and Babidi's ship remnants that's been ignored by the heroes all this time.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:56 pm

DB: More mystical adventures. Maybe an arc about the filler Demon World.

DBZ: You can have an arc between the Cell and Buu arcs. With Goku being gone, Gohan would have to step up and take control. I can't really think of anything else.

DBGT: Have a tournament arc. DB had three, Z technically had one (not counting the Uub tournament), and DBS had one. GT had a single spin off episode for a tournament and I wish it was longer.

DBS: I was going to say Makaioshin, but Zamasu technically filled that role already. I guess they should keep going with the whole 12 Universe idea and explore them all.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:21 pm

Any arc where the Earthlings are the main heroes and the Saiyans, mainly Goku and Vegeta, stay on the sidelines. Resurrection F was the closet the franchise ever came to that. A saga surrounding Jaco would be also very welcome.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:24 pm

For all 4 series huh?
Well, since the previous 3 are already over, let's just assume they make an OVA or a movie.
Here are my ideas:

Dragon Ball:
An OVA or movie based on the life of Mutaito, Kame-sennin and Tsuru-Sennin... well, mostly Kame-sennin. The starting would begin with the story of Katatz' son and the climax would be Mutaito's battle with Piccolo Daimao. The ending would be Roshi meeting Goku and Bulma, as he does in the manga.

Dragon Ball Z:
An OVA or movie based on the life of King Vegeta,Vegeta and the Saiyans... well, mostly Vegeta. The starting would be the destruction of planet Plant with a little lore added in about both the original SSJ and the original SSJG.
The bulk of the story would be about both king and prince Vegeta with the climax being Freeza VS King Vegeta. The ending would be Vegeta knowing about the dragon balls from Raditz, as he does in the manga.

Dragon Ball GT:
Now I haven't really watched much of GT, but I do know the sequence of events that take place. So a story after the ending of GT but before the GT special is something that would be interesting. Maybe slice of life, maybe Goku VS Vegeta the final battle? In any case, even a rehash of the events of Dragon Ball AF (By Toyotaro Toyble) would suffice.

Dragon Ball Super:
There is so much potential here... but if I am going to stick with one idea then it will probably be something endgame Dragon Ball Heroes level crazy arc with Goku and Vegeta fighting Beerus. Whis and Vados rebelling against the Omni-King since he somehow wants to destroy both U7 and U6's earths. A cool fight between BeerusWhis and Daishinkan with the ending being Goku fighting Omni King as a SSJB3 Kaioken x20 (I know :crazy: ) and Hit being basically what Pikkon was in Fusion: Reborn. Have Goku and Vegeta fuse only to have the fight last for "5 Freeza minutes" and have Vegetto lose anyways. Then Monaka comes in and saves the day somehow... I don't even know lol :roll:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

szopman
Beyond Newbie

Post by szopman » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:52 am

FoolsGil wrote: For Dragonball Z, Earth is attacked when Goku was on Yardrat and Vegeta was searching for him.
It's called Garlic Saga ;)

I think that a good idea for DBZ/Super Saga would be showing the events that were only showed in manga, I mean how Future Trunks trained with Kaioshins, fought with Dabura, obtained SSJ2 etc ;) It could be a nice TV Special or OVA (like "History of Trunks").

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:10 am

DB

- In-depth training of Goku and the others before the 23rd World Tournament, including Goku's visit to the Room of Space and Time and how Yamcha got his scar.

DBZ

- Showing Goten's birth and all the changes to Chi-Chi and Gohan's life after Goku's death. A new villain arrives which forces Vegeta to come out of retirement

DBGT

- Showing a lot more of Uub's training and in the ending Goku pays a final visit to Vegeta, and they enjoy a final battle. In the end Shenron interrupts the fight telling Goku they have to go, while Vegeta thanks him for everything and tells him he is the only true friend he's ever had, to which Goku smiles before fading away with Shenron. Or something like that, it would have been cool to see a proper closure to Goku and Vegeta's friendship.

DBS

- The serie still hasn't ended yet. But I would like to see a DBS TV Special around Future Trunks, showing his battle against Dabura and also when Black and Zamasu kill all the Supreme Kais. I feel like we could get something like that once DBS is over and all the Supreme Kais and Gods of Destruction have been introduced.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:22 am

szopman wrote:
FoolsGil wrote: For Dragonball Z, Earth is attacked when Goku was on Yardrat and Vegeta was searching for him.
It's called Garlic Saga ;)
my idea would replace the Garlic Jr Saga.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:37 am

DB - to tie the space alien stuff in better I would have put a space alien arc in there somewhere

DBZ - Tree of might arc but have the z fighters learn kaioken

DBGT - expand the 17 arc to where it actually leads to the demon realm being behind this instead and Super 17 wouldn't be the big bad

DBS - arc that rewinds the entire series to where beerus never meets Goku.

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:38 am

IMO

In DBZ, there aren't a lot of free time slots to have a saga especially the ones that involve Goku. Though the 3 year time skip before the androids is the biggest one I can think of.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

szopman
Beyond Newbie

Post by szopman » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:29 am

Captain Strawberry wrote:IMO

In DBZ, there aren't a lot of free time slots to have a saga especially the ones that involve Goku. Though the 3 year time skip before the androids is the biggest one I can think of.
They could do some retelling of Cooler movie ;) It would fit perfectly + the story and the villain are pretty cool ;)