Unseen abilities

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dorexx
Regular

Unseen abilities

Post by Dorexx » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:12 pm

What other sort of abilities/techniques do you feel certain characters could or might have, that they just never got to display for whatever reason, or what new abilities do you feel they could develop? For example, Majin Buu is a magical being; perhaps he can do a lot more stuff if he sets his mind to it, like mess with reality and Dr. Slump-like things/give inanimate objects sentience? I also always felt artificial humans could rearrange parts of their bodies into a weapon like a transformer.

Also, if you were to take an existing ability or characteristic and develop it into something cooler, how would you do it? Such as Tapion's ability to control Hildergan and have him fight for him in DB Multiverse.

I think it'd be interesting if Dabura had the ability the make fire burst out from the ground. Or maybe just set his opponents on fire, or have them sucked into Hell through a portal or something.

Maybe Tenshinhan can also grow other body parts than just extra arms. And learn to do it a lot faster.

Trunks should have some sort of futuristic, high-tech weapon that morphs into any type of weapon ever.

Maybe this thread is better suited for the fan works section.
酷签名

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Re: Unseen abilities

Post by Pantalones » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:58 pm

#16 already has the "take off hands and there's giant energy-beam cannons underneath" thing, so he could potentially have more weaponry I suppose. Not so much #17 or #18 though, since their bodies are still mostly human (they aren't robots or anything, just cybernetically-enhanced regular humans.)

And yeah, we know Buu's not just limited to turning things into food, though he rarely uses his magic for non-food things. He's also shown using it to create building materials for his house and changing the numbers for the tournament matchups at the end, so he could probably do a pretty wide variety of stuff if he felt like it.

Same with Dabura's magic -- the fireball and fire-breath we see him do are probably not the only possibilities, and a "fire erupts from the ground" move sounds very possible. Probably not portal-to-Hell magic considering that Dabura comes from the Demon Realm, not Hell.

swimtrunks
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Unseen abilities

Post by swimtrunks » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:21 pm

My cousin swears all DB characters have telekinesis. He claims all the characters have used it at one point but I don't recall such a thing. He said this after me and him watched an episode where Goku used some form of telekinesis. It was long a time ago so I can't remember which episode it was exactly. However, it must've been filler because Goku also could read minds when the story called for it.