Will Vegeta kill Beerus if he finds out he ordered his Planet's destruction ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Will Vegeta kill Beerus if he finds out he ordered his Planet's destruction ?

Post by DSB » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:24 am

This is assuming Vegeta is Strong enough to really Kill beerus .

Somehow Beerus slips his tongue and reveals that he permitted Freeza to destroy Planet Vegeta ... Vegeta goes into rage ... boosts his power [new God form ???] . Gets stronger than Full Power Beerus . Proceeds to kill him in a fit of Rage [Even Whis and Goku are unable to stop him]

WILL Vegeta Kill Beerus ?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Will Vegeta kill Beerus if he finds out he ordered his Planet's destruction ?

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:40 am

He should but he won't.
They gave him character development regression? which shows he is much more time than go into fits of rage for something that happened so many years ago..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Will Vegeta kill Beerus if he finds out he ordered his Planet's destruction ?

Post by DSB » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:56 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:He should but he won't.
They gave him character development regression? which shows he is much more time than go into fits of rage for something that happened so many years ago..
Then what will Vegeta do ??? Step on Beerus' head like Beerus did to King Vegeta ?

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:02 pm

Beerus didn't order Frieza to destroy the planet. Beerus only agreed on Frieza's decision to destroy the planet, since he didn't like the Saiyans either.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:05 pm

DSB wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:He should but he won't.
Then what will Vegeta do ??? Step on Beerus' head like Beerus did to King Vegeta ?
Assuming he is powerful enough, he will absolutely dominate berrus, humiliate him and give a speech about pride..
That's about it
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:13 pm

If this information hit the Vegeta of the Cell arc, yet he had the power to do so, yes I believe he might have attempted to kill Beerus for this.

The Vegeta of today? Yeah, not so much. Vegeta knows that if a God of Destruction is killed the companion Kaioshin will die too. Even IF he was put into enough rage over it, I don't think he'd want to open up a new slot for a Kaioshin after he saw firsthand what dread can come from a bad one - better to stick with one you know.

Additionally, I just don't think the loss of Planet Vegeta is even a remaining factor into his emotional state. He has a new family, and a rival he can constantly challenge himself against. If Planet Vegeta hadn't been destroyed, Vegeta wouldn't have ever been pushed to the level he has attained, he likely never would have even gone Super Saiyan 1.

Also, what would he have to gain from killing Beerus over this? It wouldn't bring Planet Vegeta back, and it WAS still Freeza who committed the act.

So to answer in short, no I doubt Vegeta would try to kill Beerus over the issue, though I suspect there would be a shouting match.
-Laserkid

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:37 pm

He;d have a comedic moment of shouting, but in the end wouldn't give a shit..
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:51 pm

I'm of two minds of this. Some days, I think Vegeta only ever really cared about his species when they were there to prop him up as the best of them all or when they were useful but not much else. But then you've got him crying his heart out to Goku on Namek and choosing to help Cabba out purely because he's another Saiyan.

If the former counts, Vegeta might just want to beat Beerus up for some gratification but if he cared about them on a deeper level, he'd go in for the kill.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:21 pm

Vegeta's a complicated man. He has went on and on about not caring for his people, but died begging Goku to avenge them.

Vegeta himself would likely not care, but maybe he would be honor bound as Prince to kill Beers.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:25 pm

I don't understand why people are saying Vegeta "wouldn't care" even though Vegeta demonstrated twice that he actually did care for his planet and its people.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:34 pm

Oh, I suspect very much Vegeta would care, but I'm doubting it would lead him to murderous intent at this point in his life.
-Laserkid

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:20 pm

I was wondering about that.
dragonball0900 wrote:Beerus didn't order Frieza to destroy the planet. Beerus only agreed on Frieza's decision to destroy the planet, since he didn't like the Saiyans either.
Is that how it stands? I thought Beerus actually directly ordered Freeza to destroy the world.

In any case, I think Vegeta would lose his temper and go after Beerus. He's a patriot and prince, he won't let the genocide of his people slide and will hunt down anyone even indirectly responsible.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:26 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote:I was wondering about that.
dragonball0900 wrote:Beerus didn't order Frieza to destroy the planet. Beerus only agreed on Frieza's decision to destroy the planet, since he didn't like the Saiyans either.
Is that how it stands? I thought Beerus actually directly ordered Freeza to destroy the world.

In any case, I think Vegeta would lose his temper and go after Beerus. He's a patriot and prince, he won't let the genocide of his people slide and will hunt down anyone even indirectly responsible.
In the movies, he's right, Beerus only approved of Planet Vegeta's destruction. However, in DBS, it was implied that Beerus directly ordered it.
Retired.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:33 pm

Grimlock wrote:I don't understand why people are saying Vegeta "wouldn't care" even though Vegeta demonstrated twice that he actually did care for his planet and its people.
There's a good difference between not caring and how he cares. There's a lot of evidence proving that Vegeta only really cared about them as a way to prop himself up or based on how useful they were to him. He's fine with leaving Raditz dead and killing Nappa, Goku and Gohan even if that would leave him as the only Saiyan alive as far as he knows. It never even crosses his mind to think about reviving his species, only to wish immortality for himself so he can beat Freeza and secure his place as the strongest in the universe.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:50 pm

I don't think Vegeta would kill Beerus, because at this stage, he's not so emotionally hung up on the pride of being a Saiyan or the Saiyan race in general. He may give a shit but not to point where he will start harbouring grudges or wanting to kill people in cold blood for revenge of a past misgiving. He's gone past that stage, and Battle Of Gods shows that he's very willing to throw his pride away if it's for the right cause.

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:30 pm

No, because as he told Dodoria, he doesn't care for his race, planet or parents.
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:43 pm

Of course not. Vegeta does not even give 2 shits about Planet Vegeta's destruction and Vegeta has grown to a more caring and loving person. Why would he even get angry over the genocide of a barbaric planet at this stage?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:59 pm

He'd probably get upset and maybe attack him but I don't think he'd go that far.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:48 pm

sintzu wrote:He'd probably get upset and maybe attack him but I don't think he'd go that far.
But at least he will humiliate Beerus by stepping on his head , right ?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:57 pm

DSB wrote:But at least he will humiliate Beerus by stepping on his head , right ?
If he's strong enough then yes but if they do get in a fight I think they'll be evenly matched or Beerus will have a slight upper hand.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.