Why didn't Beerus destroy Earth to kill Majin Boo?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Deathbringer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Why didn't Beerus destroy Earth to kill Majin Boo?

Post by Deathbringer » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:32 am

We know that Beerus goes around destroying planets for little to no reason, however we also now know that he actually had a really good reason to destroy the Earth a long time ago, because Majin Boo was sealed on there. Majin Boo was the one who killed 3 of the 4 Kaioshin many many years ago, Beerus needs all of the Kaioshin to be alive otherwise he will die, therefore Majin Boo's continued existence, sealed away or not, was an extreme threat to Beerus's life. He could have just gone and found Majin Boo and killed him but I think we all know that Beerus would be more likely to just destroy the planet Boo is on.

Obviously this all depends on how long ago Boo actually killed the Kaioshin and whether or not Beerus was awake then, because if he was awake then it would make a sense for him to just go up to Boo and erase him from existence and have the problem solved, but if Beerus wasn't awake at the time then surely the first thing Whis would say to him when he woke up would be "oh yes Beerus-sama, I must inform you that 3 of the 4 Kaioshin of this universe were killed while you were asleep". It's pretty clear that the reason why Beerus was said to have slept for thousands of years is so that it wouldn't cause any continuity errors....however I've just remembered that Beerus asked Freeza to blow up planet Vegeta so he only really slept for around 30 or so years before being woken up in Battle of Gods so he would have already known about Majin Boo...gah this is confusing!

Maybe Beerus didn't know where Bibbidi had sealed Boo away, although I can't remember if Kaioshin came to Earth because he knew Boo was there all along and that Bobbidi was coming to set him free or if he didn't know where Boo was until Bobbidi came to Earth and he followed him there...?

User avatar
Merged Zamasu
Banned
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:46 pm
Location: Future Earth

Re: Why didn't Beerus destroy Earth to kill Majin Boo?

Post by Merged Zamasu » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:46 am

Deathbringer wrote:We know that Beerus goes around destroying planets for little to no reason, however we also now know that he actually had a really good reason to destroy the Earth a long time ago, because Majin Boo was sealed on there. Majin Boo was the one who killed 3 of the 4 Kaioshin many many years ago, Beerus needs all of the Kaioshin to be alive otherwise he will die, therefore Majin Boo's continued existence, sealed away or not, was an extreme threat to Beerus's life. He could have just gone and found Majin Boo and killed him but I think we all know that Beerus would be more likely to just destroy the planet Boo is on.

Obviously this all depends on how long ago Boo actually killed the Kaioshin and whether or not Beerus was awake then, because if he was awake then it would make a sense for him to just go up to Boo and erase him from existence and have the problem solved, but if Beerus wasn't awake at the time then surely the first thing Whis would say to him when he woke up would be "oh yes Beerus-sama, I must inform you that 3 of the 4 Kaioshin of this universe were killed while you were asleep". It's pretty clear that the reason why Beerus was said to have slept for thousands of years is so that it wouldn't cause any continuity errors....however I've just remembered that Beerus asked Freeza to blow up planet Vegeta so he only really slept for around 30 or so years before being woken up in Battle of Gods so he would have already known about Majin Boo...gah this is confusing!

Maybe Beerus didn't know where Bibbidi had sealed Boo away, although I can't remember if Kaioshin came to Earth because he knew Boo was there all along and that Bobbidi was coming to set him free or if he didn't know where Boo was until Bobbidi came to Earth and he followed him there...?
Beerus is an incompetent fool. He doesn't care about the well-being of the Universe, he just wants to further his own agenda and goals. It's hard to blame Zamasu when the one who is supposed to be a God is just a stupid incompetent idiot who prefers to play baseball rather than making sure mortals are kept in-check.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20671
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Why didn't Beerus destroy Earth to kill Majin Boo?

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:23 pm

Quick question: Does Beerus actually know that the Kaioshin and Hakaishin are linked, in the regard that, if a Kaioshin dies then a Hakaishin dies, and vice versa?
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Deathbringer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:27 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Why didn't Beerus destroy Earth to kill Majin Boo?

Post by Deathbringer » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:37 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Quick question: Does Beerus actually know that the Kaioshin and Hakaishin are linked, in the regard that, is a Kaioshin dies then a Hakaishin dies, and vice versa?
He seemed to be shocked when Whis brought it up but that was more because he didn't want anyone to know rather than he didn't know it himself.

I think my overall headcanon is that Bibbidi did a really good job of hiding Majin Boo from even the gods themselves, in fact if I were to rewrite Battle of Gods I would change it so that when Beerus woke up he would ask if Majin Boo's location had been found so he could kill him instead of asking if Freeza had destroyed planet Vegeta, which would lead into Whis basically giving the same response ("he was killed by a Saiyan from Earth").

Also if east Kaioshin had found Boo's loaction and knew he was going to be revived then he should have asked Beerus to help him, or request that Whis wakes him up, he has a lot of leverage over Beerus in this situation because he could just say "if Boo kills me then you'll die too"

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13979
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Why didn't Beerus destroy Earth to kill Majin Boo?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:39 pm

Beerus probably didn't know that his life force was link with Kaioshin and Whis probably didn't think Buu was no longer a bigger thread since he was lock away in his shell. If Buu was never defeated, maybe Whis would have told Beerus about it.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

Nano
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:01 pm

Re: Why didn't Beerus destroy Earth to kill Majin Boo?

Post by Nano » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:14 am

Because Super and the character Beerus weren't even a figment of Toriyama's imagination back then.

:wtf:
I love Dragon Ball so much that I'm constantly complaining about how horrible Super is.

Black Goku / Future Trunks saga... was/is garbage.

Top 5 Favorite DBS Characters = Beerus, Whis, still waiting on the last 3 lol...

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Why didn't Beerus destroy Earth to kill Majin Boo?

Post by sintzu » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:51 am

Nano wrote:Because Super and the character Beerus weren't even a figment of Toriyama's imagination back then.

:wtf:
Doesn't this make a big plot hole ?

If Beerus is connected to the main Kaioshin then wouldn't he have died when Buu killed him back then ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Why didn't Beerus destroy Earth to kill Majin Boo?

Post by Doctor. » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:52 am

Beerus seems completely unaware that Boo even exists. He makes no comment about Boo's destruction during BoG. Kaioshin probably thought Beerus wasn't trustworthy or was scared of him and didn't ask. Or he couldn't wake him up.

User avatar
Nejishiki
I Live Here
Posts: 2406
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:45 am

Re: Why didn't Beerus destroy Earth to kill Majin Boo?

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:41 am

Doctor. wrote:Beerus seems completely unaware that Boo even exists. He makes no comment about Boo's destruction during BoG. Kaioshin probably thought Beerus wasn't trustworthy or was scared of him and didn't ask. Or he couldn't wake him up.
It was the last reason. Kaioshin comments that Boo would be Beerus' responsibility and Kibito adds how he's always napping, which leads to Beerus sneezing since they're talking about him. And if I'm not mistaken, Whis seems adamant about never disturbing his sleep, so that would be another factor to consider.

User avatar
Berserker1921
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:46 am

Re: Why didn't Beerus destroy Earth to kill Majin Boo?

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:56 pm

I think Beerus didn't know about Buu. For what we assume Beerus has been the god of destruction for a billion years at most. While Buu had existed since the beginning of time. So if he sleeps for hundreds to thousands of years before he wakes up and buu does the same. They prob never met each other. So when one is awake and the other is asleep. They don't notice each other. I mean old kaioshin had no idea who buu was. So buu was in his Hibernation when old kai was around.

Personally I think Beerus allowed for buu to exist because he was in no danger and to his knowledge, buu didn't even know about or where the kaioshin were. So Beerus was safe there. Also buu blow up planets for him. So his quota was fulfilled and he could reap the benefits from it. Buu was mindless. Buu had no objective. Just destroyed a couple dozen solar systems and then goes back to sleep.

However this could have been his downfall. He was asleep when the kaioshin were being slaughtered by buu and bibidi. If he had known he would have definitely destroyed buu and bibidi. Beerus doesn't care about much. However I personally think he isn't suicidal. So he would destroyed buu had he been awake.

Then when he eventually woke up. News of bibidi dead by east kaioshin. Prob put him in at ease. Buu was asleep and no one left in the universe knew about Buu or knew how to wake him up. So berrus prob thought about destroying buu once and for all but couldn't find him and went back to sleep. Beerus was relying too much on East kaioshin to finish the job.

Yet Beerus had no idea that bibidi had a clone/son who also knew about Buu. So to answer your question. Beerus didn't care/know about Buu and yes he was incompetent.

Nano
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:01 pm

Re: Why didn't Beerus destroy Earth to kill Majin Boo?

Post by Nano » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:03 pm

sintzu wrote:
Nano wrote:Because Super and the character Beerus weren't even a figment of Toriyama's imagination back then.

:wtf:
Doesn't this make a big plot hole ?

If Beerus is connected to the main Kaioshin then wouldn't he have died when Buu killed him back then ?
Yes. A huge one.

There was no Beerus back then or even a thought of Super for that matter. This is all new "lets make it up as we go along" shit that keeps plot hole'n and or retconning old shit.
I love Dragon Ball so much that I'm constantly complaining about how horrible Super is.

Black Goku / Future Trunks saga... was/is garbage.

Top 5 Favorite DBS Characters = Beerus, Whis, still waiting on the last 3 lol...

User avatar
Xyex
I Live Here
Posts: 4978
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:15 am
Location: The 7th moon of nowhere, right-side of forever
Contact:

Re: Why didn't Beerus destroy Earth to kill Majin Boo?

Post by Xyex » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:37 am

Nano wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Nano wrote:Because Super and the character Beerus weren't even a figment of Toriyama's imagination back then.

:wtf:
Doesn't this make a big plot hole ?

If Beerus is connected to the main Kaioshin then wouldn't he have died when Buu killed him back then ?
Yes. A huge one.

There was no Beerus back then or even a thought of Super for that matter. This is all new "lets make it up as we go along" shit that keeps plot hole'n and or retconning old shit.
You say that like that isn't what Dragon Ball has always been. Toriyama never had a plot, never had anything planned out beyond a few chapters at best, and even that was subject to change at a suggestion. Everything from the 21st Budokai onward is "let's make it up as we go along" as you put it, retconning whatever came before that no longer fit.
Berserker1921 wrote:I think Beerus didn't know about Buu. For what we assume Beerus has been the god of destruction for a billion years at most. While Buu had existed since the beginning of time. So if he sleeps for hundreds to thousands of years before he wakes up and buu does the same. They prob never met each other. So when one is awake and the other is asleep. They don't notice each other. I mean old kaioshin had no idea who buu was. So buu was in his Hibernation when old kai was around.

Personally I think Beerus allowed for buu to exist because he was in no danger and to his knowledge, buu didn't even know about or where the kaioshin were. So Beerus was safe there. Also buu blow up planets for him. So his quota was fulfilled and he could reap the benefits from it. Buu was mindless. Buu had no objective. Just destroyed a couple dozen solar systems and then goes back to sleep.

However this could have been his downfall. He was asleep when the kaioshin were being slaughtered by buu and bibidi. If he had known he would have definitely destroyed buu and bibidi. Beerus doesn't care about much. However I personally think he isn't suicidal. So he would destroyed buu had he been awake.

Then when he eventually woke up. News of bibidi dead by east kaioshin. Prob put him in at ease. Buu was asleep and no one left in the universe knew about Buu or knew how to wake him up. So berrus prob thought about destroying buu once and for all but couldn't find him and went back to sleep. Beerus was relying too much on East kaioshin to finish the job.

Yet Beerus had no idea that bibidi had a clone/son who also knew about Buu. So to answer your question. Beerus didn't care/know about Buu and yes he was incompetent.
Um, Buu wasn't sleeping when the Old Kai was originally around, he hadn't existed yet. Buu has not existed since the beginning of time, he's only a few million years old at best. Bibbidi created him long after the Old Kai was sealed in the Z Sword, but before humans were a sentient species.

Beerus likely just didn't know about Buu. He wakes up, he destroys things, he goes back to sleep. He doesn't normally interact much with the universe outside of that. Unless Whis stopped him and said "oh, by the way, a pink bubble gum monster killed all but one of the Kaioshin while you were sleeping" he wouldn't have a clue. And I doubt Whis would bother him with it since it was no longer a pressing concern, what with Buu being sealed up.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Why didn't Beerus destroy Earth to kill Majin Boo?

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:52 am

Xyex wrote:Toriyama never had a plot, never had anything planned out beyond a few chapters at best, and even that was subject to change at a suggestion.

Buu has not existed since the beginning of time, he's only a few million years old at best. Bibbidi created him long after the Old Kai was sealed in the Z Sword, but before humans were a sentient species.
This is true but he usually made everything fit together unlike now.
Interviewer wrote:How did Bibbidi make Majin Boo ?
Toriyama wrote:Though in the manga Kaiōshin said that Bibbidi made him, the truth is that one called “Boo” was not actually created by Bididi, but has existed since time immemorial. He cycled between rampages and long hibernation. During numerous iterations of this cycle, he absorbed the evil elements of mankind, becoming steadily more violent. Bibbidi merely knew the means of calling Boo from out of his long slumber. Since the current Boo is a slightly different life-form due to the changes brought about when the evil Boo was expelled, it’s not known whether he’ll still go into long hibernation.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Berserker1921
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:46 am

Re: Why didn't Beerus destroy Earth to kill Majin Boo?

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:47 am

Xyex wrote:
Nano wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Doesn't this make a big plot hole ?

If Beerus is connected to the main Kaioshin then wouldn't he have died when Buu killed him back then ?
Yes. A huge one.

There was no Beerus back then or even a thought of Super for that matter. This is all new "lets make it up as we go along" shit that keeps plot hole'n and or retconning old shit.
You say that like that isn't what Dragon Ball has always been. Toriyama never had a plot, never had anything planned out beyond a few chapters at best, and even that was subject to change at a suggestion. Everything from the 21st Budokai onward is "let's make it up as we go along" as you put it, retconning whatever came before that no longer fit.
Berserker1921 wrote:I think Beerus didn't know about Buu. For what we assume Beerus has been the god of destruction for a billion years at most. While Buu had existed since the beginning of time. So if he sleeps for hundreds to thousands of years before he wakes up and buu does the same. They prob never met each other. So when one is awake and the other is asleep. They don't notice each other. I mean old kaioshin had no idea who buu was. So buu was in his Hibernation when old kai was around.

Personally I think Beerus allowed for buu to exist because he was in no danger and to his knowledge, buu didn't even know about or where the kaioshin were. So Beerus was safe there. Also buu blow up planets for him. So his quota was fulfilled and he could reap the benefits from it. Buu was mindless. Buu had no objective. Just destroyed a couple dozen solar systems and then goes back to sleep.

However this could have been his downfall. He was asleep when the kaioshin were being slaughtered by buu and bibidi. If he had known he would have definitely destroyed buu and bibidi. Beerus doesn't care about much. However I personally think he isn't suicidal. So he would destroyed buu had he been awake.

Then when he eventually woke up. News of bibidi dead by east kaioshin. Prob put him in at ease. Buu was asleep and no one left in the universe knew about Buu or knew how to wake him up. So berrus prob thought about destroying buu once and for all but couldn't find him and went back to sleep. Beerus was relying too much on East kaioshin to finish the job.

Yet Beerus had no idea that bibidi had a clone/son who also knew about Buu. So to answer your question. Beerus didn't care/know about Buu and yes he was incompetent.
Um, Buu wasn't sleeping when the Old Kai was originally around, he hadn't existed yet. Buu has not existed since the beginning of time, he's only a few million years old at best. Bibbidi created him long after the Old Kai was sealed in the Z Sword, but before humans were a sentient species.

Beerus likely just didn't know about Buu. He wakes up, he destroys things, he goes back to sleep. He doesn't normally interact much with the universe outside of that. Unless Whis stopped him and said "oh, by the way, a pink bubble gum monster killed all but one of the Kaioshin while you were sleeping" he wouldn't have a clue. And I doubt Whis would bother him with it since it was no longer a pressing concern, what with Buu being sealed up.

Actually buu has existed since time immemorial. Toriyama redid the origins of buu in an interview when they asked him about him. Saying bibidi just knew how to awaken and control him. He didn't create him.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Why didn't Beerus destroy Earth to kill Majin Boo?

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:51 am

Berserker1921 wrote:Actually buu has existed since time immemorial. Toriyama redid the origins of buu in an interview when they asked him about him. Saying bibidi just knew how to awaken and control him. He didn't create him.
I don't like big retcons but this is an exception cause Buu and his origin were very similar to Cell so it was a good idea to change his origin to something original.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Post Reply