What happens to low-class Saiyans...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Terra-jin
Regular

What happens to low-class Saiyans...

Post by Terra-jin » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:13 am

...when they finished their missions on a far-away planet?

Saiyans send their low-class infants to planets with weak inhabitants to rid them of all life. When the mission is complete, does the low-class Saiyan just pack up his rusty old spacepod and leave, or do they have to wait for further orders? Or do the Saiyans just leave them there?

Son_GokouSSJ4
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son_GokouSSJ4 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:08 pm

Probably they just keep on carrying different missions.
Radditz wasn’t that much of a powerful saiyan and that’s what he did.
ORA SONGOKOU DA!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:08 pm

I'm thinking they probably get 'picked up' after a few years have gone by. Goku wasn't because, well, no doubt things were chaotic after Planet Vegeta was destroyed. After all, it seemed as though only Raditz, Nappa, and Vegeta knew that he even existed. And I doubt they really put much weight to his strength, since he'd only had a power of 2, so they weren't overly interested in getting him back.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:53 pm

Xyex wrote:After all, it seemed as though only Raditz, Nappa, and Vegeta knew that he even existed.
I believe Raditz stated that one day he remembered him. Vegeta and Nappa probably had no idea he existed.

As for the topic, are we talking about baby saiyans, or low class adult saiyans? If it's a baby saiyan, Yeah, they'll probably pick them up in a few years. If it's an adult, once the mission is done, I would say he probably just leaves to go do the next mission.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:05 pm

Well, since you're talking about when the Saiyans were working for Freeza, I'd think that for the lower class Saiyans (like Goku) would be forced to wait on that planet after killing off its inhabitants (because they're considered expendable) until either Freeza took interest in selling the planet or the Saiyan would sell the planet him/herself, with the knowledge that they got from their space pod (I remember in fill that Goku's old space pod would feed him instructions to make him destroy the planet).

After that, I guess they would be picked up by one of Freeza's henchmen to be sent to another planet to clear off.

For the higher class Saiyans, they would be sent to planets closer to planet Vegeta, so they could come back and await their next order from Freeza. Of course, that kinda doesn't make sense for Bardock's team, since they were also considered lower class. But, you could get away with saying that the Saiyans just stayed on their planet, until Freeza "took them in." Freeza sent only the newborns to the furthest planets, and kept the adults (regardless of their class), since Freeza caught on to their ability to increase their strength with the more times that they fight.

:whew: I hope I actually answered your question somewhere in there :).
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

supersaiyanguru
Not-So-Newbie

Post by supersaiyanguru » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:01 am

Here's an odd question I thought up. We know that goku is a 3rd class saiyan, and vegeta, an elite, is a first class warrior. Who are considered second class saiyan?
I flunked grammar class twice

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:07 am

They were probably the middle strong saiyans who weren't peasants like Goku or nobility like Vegeta.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:39 am

Actually, Nappa was an Elite, Vegeta was a Super Elite. I think Raditz was supposed to be a first class or something, I can't remember.
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

supersaiyanguru
Not-So-Newbie

Post by supersaiyanguru » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:49 pm

If bardock and goku were third class, how would radditz be a first class? And wouldn't nappa be considered royalty if he was the general of the saiyan army?

vl

Post by vl » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:11 pm

I always thought the whole Sayajin ranking system was a bit thrown together. There simply seemed to not be enough place for all of the different classes, and it alway puzzled me that Nappa as an elite was weaker then a lot of friezzas henchmen, though the Sayajins were supposedly a very strong battle race(but i guess the Ouzaru thing played a big role here :? )

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:17 pm

The Saiyans were one of Freeza's stronger races. It's just that a lot of Filler sequences and portions of the Bardock special went completely against this. Freeza's "average men" were completely obliterated by Gohan and Kuririn using Power Levels of 1,500, which is right in Raditz' range.

And "Nappa the General of the Saiyan army" is a dub line.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the whole "1st class" "2nd class" and "3rd class" thing is either Anime or Dub only. All I ever found in the Manga about all that is that Vegeta was among the Elites.

I'm just such a buzzkill today.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:45 pm

I'm just such a buzzkill today.
Today? You're always a buzzkill. :P Anyway...!
I always thought the whole Sayajin ranking system was a bit thrown together. There simply seemed to not be enough place for all of the different classes, and it alway puzzled me that Nappa as an elite was weaker then a lot of friezzas henchmen, though the Sayajins were supposedly a very strong battle race(but i guess the Ouzaru thing played a big role here
Yes. Aside from what Duo said, Oozaru's a major factor too. I mean, think about it for a second. Raditz's Oozaru form would have a power of about 12,000. Aside from Vegeta, Kui, Dodoria, Zarbon, and the Ginyu Force (possibly minus Guldo) we don't see anyone that strong working for Freeza. That means that, transformed, there's less than 10 people in the galaxy with more power than him.

Now, let's look at Nappa. He's around 40 to 80 thousand when transformed. Which means, transformed, he could either go toe to toe with, or completely thrash, Recoome, Burter, and Jiece. And let's not forget Vegeta's 180,000 when transformed, which would make him the second most powerful person in the galaxy.
<Xyex> Good point.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:56 pm

That's a good point. The introduction of Freeza is usually seen as a plot hole. Kaio was really scared of the Saiyans, saying they were the strongest warriors in the galaxy (or something to that effect). When Freeza and his goons were introduced it's kind of jarring that they're so much stronger than the Saiyans, like what Kaio said about the Siayns wasn't true.

But considering the Oozaru... they really are quite powerful, well, at night they are :P

vl

Post by vl » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:59 pm

Unfortunally theres still that little thing about the moon, which as much as we have seen isn't an undestructable object

supersaiyanguru
Not-So-Newbie

Post by supersaiyanguru » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:12 pm

Well, couldn't vegeta make his own moon like object? And I guess the oozaru thing is kind of thrown to the wayside since none of the saiyans that survived the saiyan saga had a tail after said saga.

vl

Post by vl » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:41 am

supersaiyanguru wrote:Well, couldn't vegeta make his own moon like object? And I guess the oozaru thing is kind of thrown to the wayside since none of the saiyans that survived the saiyan saga had a tail after said saga.
After the sayajin saga it doesn't really matter anymore if they can go Oozaru, since no Saiyan was working for Freeza anymore, and both of them were getting stronger than most of Friezzas men anyway.

Terra-jin
Regular

Post by Terra-jin » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:36 am

After the Freeza saga, Goku-tachi become so powerful that an uncontrolled Oozaru would be pretty dangerous, which is why they permanently removed their tails. I mean, try to imagine the damage a Super Saiyan 3 gone Oozaru would cause!

:shock: