What happened to the other androids?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gog
I Live Here

What happened to the other androids?

Post by Gog » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:56 pm

No, but what happened to them, did Gero destroy them?

Akyon
Regular

Re: What happened to the other androids?

Post by Akyon » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:55 pm

They were considered failures so there's a good chance. How Eighter survived I'm not sure.

I always wanted to see all 20 Androids in an info book or something though just to flesh Gero's work out.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Akyon wrote:They were considered failures so there's a good chance. How Eighter survived I'm not sure.

I always wanted to see all 20 Androids in an info book or something though just to flesh Gero's work out.
So prehaps the other androids are just around, in various locations?

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:00 pm

Gog wrote:
Akyon wrote:They were considered failures so there's a good chance. How Eighter survived I'm not sure.

There's a semi popular fan theory that the Pirate Robot from the General Blue section of the Red Ribbon army arc is one of the failed attempts. I believe it was numbered.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Akyon wrote:
Gog wrote:

There's a semi popular fan theory that the Pirate Robot from the General Blue section of the Red Ribbon army arc is one of the failed attempts. I believe it was numbered.
So I'd imagine that all androids below ten were all dumped around the planet, and the other ten considered too powerful were kept in the basement. Perhaps that's it

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:40 pm

In the manga, all of them except 8, & 16-19 were destroyed. It was stated on a page in the manga itself sometime during the Android Saga.
In the movies, all of them except 8, & 13-19 were destroyed.

The Pirate Robot is not a RR Android. It doesn't even look human, one of the key features of all the Androids. Major Metallitron is more likely to be a numbered Android than that thing.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:04 am

Major Mettalitron was probably one

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:24 am

Here: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Works well with the movies (13 14 15 being almost perfect), but they were probably all destroyed

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:48 am

Where's Dr. Flappe when you need him? :wink:

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:16 am

Artificial Humans 1-7, designed as Red Ribbon soldier support, are all described as having "various problems". No. 8 & No. 16 were considered "failures" due to their gentle personalities. No. 8 was considered okay enough since Murasaki unleashed him. No. 16 continued his sleep indefinitely (it might relate to imagery of Gero's son). Artificial Humans 9-15, created after Red Ribbon's fall, were closer to the complete model Gero desired but they all had "one problem or another".

Dragon Ball Z Movie 07 includes No. 13-15 as part of the sleeping set of Artificial Humans (as No. 16-18 & Cell are in the original story). No. 17 & No. 18 were kidnapped & retooled according to Gero's alternate ideas. Their personalities couldn't be rewired nor could their strengths be tamed so he considered the cyborg approach a failure, too. No. 19, an absorbing-energy model, was considered a complete success (naturally, No. 19 converts Gero into a successful model) & I'd like to think that's why Cell was developed to absorb, too. I also enjoy considering that Gero deliberately designed Cell to absorb No. 17 & No. 18 as "clean-up" since he was incapable of disposing them like with his other failures.
The robot that protects the hidden treasures in the pirate cave belonged to pirates of past generations. They predate Gero. For what it's worth, Metallic is classified as a robot in Daizenshuu 4, separate from the Artificial Humans lineup. I imagine if a connection were to be made, it would be done right there & it seems a decision was finalized.

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:52 pm

In DBO canon #9 is Red.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:04 pm

DragonBallLove wrote:In DBO canon #9 is Red.
Well, it's not exactly Red since he's still dead (I think). The Red Pants Army rebuilt the discarded No. 9, who is modeled as an taller Red. Perhaps TheDevilsCorpse could chime in for Dragon Ball Online specifics?