New Turtle School vs New Crane School. DB online

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulianStyles
Banned

New Turtle School vs New Crane School. DB online

Post by JulianStyles » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:16 pm

If people don't know DragonBall online is as close to canon as you can come. Nothing was out into the game without Akiras approval. Its a great story. It's to bad we are stuck with Xenoverse crap. Instead of a complex in depth story.

Krillin and Tenshinhan become masters of rival schools. Here are each philosophy when it comes to battle.

KRILLIN:

After the release of Gohan's book, Groundbreaking Science, which informed Earth's general populous of advanced martial arts and ki control, Humans took a great interest in fighting. Master Roshi wished to return to teaching, but felt that he was too old, thus his former pupil Krillin took on the duty of re-establishing his teacher's school as the New Turtle School. Krillin's teachings emphasized teamwork and overwhelming stronger opponents with multiple attacks. Having fought many battles alongside Saiyans and Namekians, Krillin understood that Humans simply could not compare to aliens and developed techniques that revolved around working together. Even if they are unable to deal a killing blow to kill their opponent, they can still weaken them and, by combining their efforts with others, would be able to contend with far stronger enemies.

TENSHINHAN:

After the release of Gohan's book, Groundbreaking Science, which informed Earth's general populous of advanced martial arts and ki control, Humans took great interest in fighting. Having witnessed the Super Spirit Bomb that Goku used to defeat Kid Buu, Tien Shinhan realized that it was possible for an individual to defeat even the strongest opponent by raising their power to the limits and gathering tremendous amounts of ki for a powerful enough spiritual attack. With his newfound belief, Tien opens the New Crane School to educate the planet's new generation of warriors. Tien developed techniques that revolved around strategically collecting ki and unleashing bursts of intense energy with precise timing, believing that it is more important to develop aggressive attacks by controlling ki than it is to provide support.

So one is looking to just help and team up. Not looking to defeat the opponent. While the other is looking to win and develop powerful attacks.

So I ask which school would you want?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: New Turtle School vs New Crane School. DB online

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:12 pm

I'd go with Tenshinhan's school. Ever since the fight with Raditz the series showed that a single attack could overwhelm a stronger fighter.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:47 pm

Honestly, for any faults one might have with Xenoverse, I'm just glad something has started to pick up some of the old Online stuff, because I couldn't agree more - it has a ton of great story material that I'd love to see more done with or hinted at in Super, for example.

As for the question at hand though, admittedly I'm kind of torn. I'm naturally inclined to want to go with the Turtle School, because that's the one we have more familiarity with as well as it being started by my man Kuririn. On the flip side though, as much as I agree with the 'working together' mantra and agree that that would be Kuririn's outlook after all he'd been through in his life...I can't say that I don't like Tenshinhan's outlook of humans being able to do whatever they set their mind to, biology be damned. That and the idea of going in and taking people down with quick, strong attacks, sounds pretty akin to my general play style in most video games.

So yeah, really don't know which one I'd go with if we'd actually gotten Online, or another game offered such a choice.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:15 pm

Be like Batman and do both
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:07 pm

When I read the history behind DBO I was with the New Crane School....and I still am.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:09 pm

Here's a add on question. Knowing those two mentality. Both close in power. If one is not working on how strong he can be while the other is developing powerful individual attacks. How can the first beat the second?

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:50 pm

Wow this DB online looks way more interesting than 99% of DB game sadly I never played that game . Through I'm going for both because in turtle school is about having fun with your comrades and cooperating
    meanwhile in crane school is about surpassing your own limits/ techniques and realized your ultimate potential to save the world so I'm going for both
    Mostly active on discord.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:32 am

Admittedly didn't read the entire post, as I simply don't have time right now, but I did notice the name of Gohan's book is the incorrect version that's been passed around since fans first tried to Google translate the text. While it's possible the rest of the information is accurate, I'm going to go ahead and request that you stop using whatever source you were using anyway, just as a precaution.

My signature contains translations of most of the DBO lore from a native Korean speaker (my fiance). You're better off using them.
    Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
    My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dualist
    Regular

Post by dualist » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:21 pm

There's no doubt whatsoever the the DBO story is one of the best things to come out of Dragonball. Why they didn't use more of that lore to craft the story for Xv is beyond me. I love XV, but the story is extremely weak and even worse when you compare it to DBO.
    Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
    PSN Tag: Dualist721

floofychan333
    Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:22 pm

I'd rather go to Tenshinhan's school but since I'd probably be a background character in Dragon World I'd be better suited to Kuririn's "team fighting" school rather than hogging all the glory to myself.
    "All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Saturnine
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:49 pm

Tien's got the right idea. His Neo Kikoho could stop the likes of Cell after all.

Akyon
    Regular

Post by Akyon » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:43 pm

"Even if they are unable to deal a killing blow to kill their opponent, they can still weaken them and, by combining their efforts with others, would be able to contend with far stronger enemies."

It's like Krillin forgot his signature technique is one of the deadliest killing blow moves ever when he freaking hits it...which is probably WHY it's never allowed to hit against anyone who can't regenerate.
    Favourite User quote:
    Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
    1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

JulianStyles
    Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:16 am

Akyon wrote:"Even if they are unable to deal a killing blow to kill their opponent, they can still weaken them and, by combining their efforts with others, would be able to contend with far stronger enemies."

It's like Krillin forgot his signature technique is one of the deadliest killing blow moves ever when he freaking hits it...which is probably WHY it's never allowed to hit against anyone who can't regenerate.
    Krillins signature technique never hits it's target. And so much for signature When Vegeta,Goku and 18 have used it better.

Akyon
    Regular

Post by Akyon » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:19 am

JulianStyles wrote:
    Akyon wrote:"Even if they are unable to deal a killing blow to kill their opponent, they can still weaken them and, by combining their efforts with others, would be able to contend with far stronger enemies."

Krillins signature technique never hits it's target. And so much for signature When Vegeta,Goku and 18 have used it better.
    Well, that's not entirely true now is it?
    This particular time stopped Gohan getting his skull smooshed into Saiyan flavoured pâté.
    Meanwhile Vegeta's use of the ability ended up with HIM becoming Saiyan flavoured pâté courtesy of a still transformed Gohan. Backfired immensely.
    Goku uses it on someone who can regenerate. It's not better than Krillin, it's the same; used to save someone but does nothing to slow the opponent down permenantly.
    18 uses it for the rather mundane(yet incredibly risky child endangering) task of revealing Goten and Trunks in their Mighty Mask outfit. This is NOT a better use of the attack. Not even debateable. Child saving vs. child endangering.

However, even if concede Goku uses it on par with Krillin, Goku also uses the Kamehameha more effectively than Roshi. We're suddenly not counting the Kamehameha as Roshi's signature since Goku, Krillin, Yamcha, Gohan, Goten and even yer boi Tien have used it?
    Favourite User quote:
    Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
    1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

JulianStyles
    Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:56 am

Just became a reality for Tenshinhan in DBS