Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10558
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by Doctor. » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:42 pm

Let's assume they magically get turned into normal human beings with no powers and they get transferred to our world. I wonder how their personality would clash with the world we live in.

I can see Freeza becoming a mob boss, for instance, assuming his arrogance doesn't get him shot first.

User avatar
The gr
I Live Here
Posts: 2843
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by The gr » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:46 pm

I can see cell becoming a Martial artist, Mr Buu being a comedian and frieza as an actual Land shark

User avatar
DBZAOTA482
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6462
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Freeza is a rich businessman, Cell is a real-estate agent or telemarketer, and Boo is a serial killer.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am
I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

precita
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5470
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by precita » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:14 pm

Freeza would be Donald Trump. He'd ban all Muslims/Saiyans, build a wall against Mexicans/Nameks, and want his race to reign supreme.

User avatar
floofychan333
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1374
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:03 pm
Location: Edmonton, Canada

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by floofychan333 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Frieza and King Piccolo become dictators and start WW3. Cell and Buu destroy everything for the fun of it and don't really have occupations other than being scary guys.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

User avatar
The_Destroyer
Regular
Posts: 519
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:19 pm

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by The_Destroyer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:38 pm

Pilaf would still be homeless.

User avatar
Soppa Saia People
I Live Here
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:26 pm
Location: stillwater minnesota
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:23 pm

precita wrote:Freeza would be Donald Trump.
Can we not ?
Anyway, I'd guess Freeza would be a businessman. That's what he's best off IIRC.
It took all the coke in town, to bring down Dennis Brown

User avatar
Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5478
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Nagano
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by Cipher » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
precita wrote:Freeza would be Donald Trump.
Can we not ?
Anyway, I'd guess Freeza would be a businessman. That's what he's best off IIRC.
People are going to compare fictional characters who scapegoat and target entire demographics to real-world figures who scapegoat and target entire demographics.

The only reason this is remotely controversial is because the figure is currently active.

It's inaccurate though, because clearly Boo is the Trump of the Dragon Ball universe. Always asking people if he's cool and tweeting insults about policy disagreements and such. Also they both slumbered for centuries in the center of the Earth in a cocoon designed to contain their rampages.

User avatar
Soppa Saia People
I Live Here
Posts: 2693
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:26 pm
Location: stillwater minnesota
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Cipher wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
precita wrote:Freeza would be Donald Trump.
Can we not ?
Anyway, I'd guess Freeza would be a businessman. That's what he's best off IIRC.
People are going to compare fictional characters who scapegoat and target entire demographics to real-world figures who scapegoat and target entire demographics.

The only reason this is remotely controversial is because the figure is currently active.

It's inaccurate though, because clearly Boo is the Trump of the Dragon Ball universe. Always asking people if he's cool and tweeting insults about policy disagreements and such. Also they both slumbered for centuries in the center of the Earth in a cocoon designed to contain their rampages.
:lol:
Yeah I see your point, but I would just prefer not to kinda start that.
It took all the coke in town, to bring down Dennis Brown

User avatar
Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:48 pm

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:17 pm

Zamasu would be head of ISIS (Except it would be a extermination of mortals kind). If he saw what people did to other people in today's world. He would go on a rampage trying to kill any human he came across.

User avatar
PelicanDynasty
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:44 am
Location: NJ

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by PelicanDynasty » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:23 pm

The Red Ribbon Army guys would be interesting, I wonder if they would plan a hostile takeover of a weak country. They are the villain(s) I could see having the largest impact on the world. Really though it all depends where they would be placed. Freeza in America would have a much different time than Freeza in the RDC.

User avatar
Neo-Makaiōshin
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1994
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:31 pm
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:05 am

Hit becomes a professional hitman 8) .
Lore is NOT story, and it never was, and you should stop spreading this nonsense.
Content is NOT substance.
Bunch of characters doing stuff do NOT make an esemble cast.
Secondary characters are secondary, they do NOT deserve or are entitled to having more screen time.
Fandom Lacks Critical Thinking and is Easily Impressionable with Surface Level Content.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:00 pm

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:16 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Freeza is a rich businessman, Cell is a real-estate agent or telemarketer, and Boo is a serial killer.
Oh God I can just imagine the Cell English Kai Dub VA

"What do you mean you aren't interested in our superior services? They are PERFECT. "

I agree with the sentiments here so far. Radditz would be a gym class bully.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

User avatar
Pickle_Jar
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:16 pm

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by Pickle_Jar » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:04 am

Garlic Jr. would open a bread shop and sell the best Garlic bread you ever ate.

And maybe, if he's paid enough, he'll poison it when assassins need help getting the job done. :lol:
:mrgreen: I'm a cucumber, so don't put me in the pickle jar! :mrgreen:

User avatar
Neo-Makaiōshin
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1994
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:31 pm
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:28 pm

Broly would be a professional WWE wrestler (on steroids).
Lore is NOT story, and it never was, and you should stop spreading this nonsense.
Content is NOT substance.
Bunch of characters doing stuff do NOT make an esemble cast.
Secondary characters are secondary, they do NOT deserve or are entitled to having more screen time.
Fandom Lacks Critical Thinking and is Easily Impressionable with Surface Level Content.

User avatar
nickzambuto
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1525
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:20 pm

Piccolo Daimao would be a manga editor.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20967
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:35 pm

Whoever the head of Apple is, yeah, that would be Baby. Right to wanting to assimilate you into their program.

User avatar
TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here
Posts: 4020
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:17 pm

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:50 am

Beerus would be a demolition expert.

User avatar
SHINOBI-03
I Live Here
Posts: 2595
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:47 am
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:08 am

Going by movie villains:

Garlic Jr.: The Duke of his little kingdom.
Wheelo: Brain surgeon.
Tullece: Terrorist.
Slug: Astronaut.
Cooler: Yakuza boss.
No. 13: Truck driver.
No. 14: Bodyguard.
No. 15: Wrestling Announcer.
Broli: Pro Wrestler.
Bojack: Sea Pirate.
Janemba: Serial Killer.
Hoi: Fortune Teller.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

User avatar
RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8822
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:53 am

Doctor. wrote:Let's assume they magically get turned into normal human beings with no powers and they get transferred to our world. I wonder how their personality would clash with the world we live in.

I can see Freeza becoming a mob boss, for instance, assuming his arrogance doesn't get him shot first.
In an interview Toriyama stated that Freeza was based on the "land sharks" that sprouted up in Japan after the housing bubble burst in the 90s. So he'd be a real estate speculator. I'd probably be interning with him in a couple years actually.
Having become the strongest on the Earth, Goku and co. had also beat the Saiyans who came from outside of Earth and then they went out into the universe. I came up with Freeza around the time of the Bubble2, and the land shark was the worst person of all. So I made him the #1 land shark in the universe.
nickzambuto wrote:Piccolo Daimao would be a manga editor.
Fat Buu as well.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Post Reply