Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by Doctor. » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:42 pm

Let's assume they magically get turned into normal human beings with no powers and they get transferred to our world. I wonder how their personality would clash with the world we live in.

I can see Freeza becoming a mob boss, for instance, assuming his arrogance doesn't get him shot first.

The gr
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball villains in the real world

Post by The gr » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:46 pm

I can see cell becoming a Martial artist, Mr Buu being a comedian and frieza as an actual Land shark
Mostly active on discord.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Freeza is a rich businessman, Cell is a real-estate agent or telemarketer, and Boo is a serial killer.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:14 pm

Freeza would be Donald Trump. He'd ban all Muslims/Saiyans, build a wall against Mexicans/Nameks, and want his race to reign supreme.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Frieza and King Piccolo become dictators and start WW3. Cell and Buu destroy everything for the fun of it and don't really have occupations other than being scary guys.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:38 pm

Pilaf would still be homeless.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:23 pm

precita wrote:Freeza would be Donald Trump.
Can we not ?
Anyway, I'd guess Freeza would be a businessman. That's what he's best off IIRC.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Can we not ?
Anyway, I'd guess Freeza would be a businessman. That's what he's best off IIRC.
People are going to compare fictional characters who scapegoat and target entire demographics to real-world figures who scapegoat and target entire demographics.

The only reason this is remotely controversial is because the figure is currently active.

It's inaccurate though, because clearly Boo is the Trump of the Dragon Ball universe. Always asking people if he's cool and tweeting insults about policy disagreements and such. Also they both slumbered for centuries in the center of the Earth in a cocoon designed to contain their rampages.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Cipher wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
Can we not ?
People are going to compare fictional characters who scapegoat and target entire demographics to real-world figures who scapegoat and target entire demographics.

The only reason this is remotely controversial is because the figure is currently active.

It's inaccurate though, because clearly Boo is the Trump of the Dragon Ball universe. Always asking people if he's cool and tweeting insults about policy disagreements and such. Also they both slumbered for centuries in the center of the Earth in a cocoon designed to contain their rampages.
:lol:
Yeah I see your point, but I would just prefer not to kinda start that.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:17 pm

Zamasu would be head of ISIS (Except it would be a extermination of mortals kind). If he saw what people did to other people in today's world. He would go on a rampage trying to kill any human he came across.

PelicanDynasty
Beyond Newbie

Post by PelicanDynasty » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:23 pm

The Red Ribbon Army guys would be interesting, I wonder if they would plan a hostile takeover of a weak country. They are the villain(s) I could see having the largest impact on the world. Really though it all depends where they would be placed. Freeza in America would have a much different time than Freeza in the RDC.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:05 am

Hit becomes a professional hitman 8) .
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:16 am

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Freeza is a rich businessman, Cell is a real-estate agent or telemarketer, and Boo is a serial killer.
Oh God I can just imagine the Cell English Kai Dub VA

"What do you mean you aren't interested in our superior services? They are PERFECT. "

I agree with the sentiments here so far. Radditz would be a gym class bully.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Pickle_Jar
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Pickle_Jar » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:04 am

Garlic Jr. would open a bread shop and sell the best Garlic bread you ever ate.

And maybe, if he's paid enough, he'll poison it when assassins need help getting the job done. :lol:
:mrgreen: I'm a cucumber, so don't put me in the pickle jar! :mrgreen:

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:28 pm

Broly would be a professional WWE wrestler (on steroids).
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:20 pm

Piccolo Daimao would be a manga editor.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:35 pm

Whoever the head of Apple is, yeah, that would be Baby. Right to wanting to assimilate you into their program.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:50 am

Beerus would be a demolition expert.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:08 am

Going by movie villains:

Garlic Jr.: The Duke of his little kingdom.
Wheelo: Brain surgeon.
Tullece: Terrorist.
Slug: Astronaut.
Cooler: Yakuza boss.
No. 13: Truck driver.
No. 14: Bodyguard.
No. 15: Wrestling Announcer.
Broli: Pro Wrestler.
Bojack: Sea Pirate.
Janemba: Serial Killer.
Hoi: Fortune Teller.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:53 am

Doctor. wrote:Let's assume they magically get turned into normal human beings with no powers and they get transferred to our world. I wonder how their personality would clash with the world we live in.

I can see Freeza becoming a mob boss, for instance, assuming his arrogance doesn't get him shot first.
In an interview Toriyama stated that Freeza was based on the "land sharks" that sprouted up in Japan after the housing bubble burst in the 90s. So he'd be a real estate speculator. I'd probably be interning with him in a couple years actually.
Having become the strongest on the Earth, Goku and co. had also beat the Saiyans who came from outside of Earth and then they went out into the universe. I came up with Freeza around the time of the Bubble2, and the land shark was the worst person of all. So I made him the #1 land shark in the universe.
nickzambuto wrote:Piccolo Daimao would be a manga editor.
Fat Buu as well.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.