Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
TobyS
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Ricardolindo wrote: He did recognize Cooler see https://youtu.be/aYSjIlJAG8o?t=3377 and https://youtu.be/aYSjIlJAG8o?t=3399. He said: "I-Is that you...!" and "B-Brother?!". He, obviously, knew who Cooler was. In Tokitoki/Conton City, the characters do react to each other, for example if you are under certain master, the other masters will comment on him. It is indeed canon. When did adult Goku reference GT?
Wow you are right. I was sure they sidestepped, and then that that was a dub thing. I looked up a dubbed clip and he does say it.

Which begs the question? What happened to Cooler in the “canon” time line he must have lived up until Freeza was old enough to remember him at the very least.... I think this Cooler is an alternate one like Turles and Slug. But what happened to the “real” one, and was there a “real” Turles/Slug....

Edit:
This vid at 4:09
He references making this move when he discovered SS4.
https://youtu.be/ph7R579_OQU
He also has teen Gohan with him on one mission and adult Gohan in another.

They really don't make sense. They are just for fun.

It's probably canon that you trained with some/all of the people you did, but it's just a gameplay thing that they are there all at once. As for the newest DLC it probably assumes you take Goku tbh. What with his hidden ending adding the most content and power scaling reasons. Some of the team ups with Dabra make no sense. It's rule of cool and gameplay over mechanics...

Broly patiently waits for Goku for months if you let him. No fights break out despite all these dudes being a few hundred yards away...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Ricardolindo
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by Ricardolindo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:53 pm

TobyS wrote:
Ricardolindo wrote: He did recognize Cooler see https://youtu.be/aYSjIlJAG8o?t=3377 and https://youtu.be/aYSjIlJAG8o?t=3399. He said: "I-Is that you...!" and "B-Brother?!". He, obviously, knew who Cooler was. In Tokitoki/Conton City, the characters do react to each other, for example if you are under certain master, the other masters will comment on him. It is indeed canon. When did adult Goku reference GT?
Wow you are right. I was sure they sidestepped, and then that that was a dub thing. I looked up a dubbed clip and he does say it.

Which begs the question? What happened to Cooler in the “canon” time line he must have lived up until Freeza was old enough to remember him at the very least.... I think this Cooler is an alternate one like Turles and Slug. But what happened to the “real” one, and was there a “real” Turles/Slug....

Edit:
This vid at 4:09
He references making this move when he discovered SS4.
https://youtu.be/ph7R579_OQU
He also has teen Gohan with him on one mission and adult Gohan in another.

They really don't make sense. They are just for fun.

It's probably canon that you trained with some/all of the people you did, but it's just a gameplay thing that they are there all at once. As for the newest DLC it probably assumes you take Goku tbh. What with his hidden ending adding the most content and power scaling reasons. Some of the team ups with Dabra make no sense. It's rule of cool and gameplay over mechanics...

Broly patiently waits for Goku for months if you let him. No fights break out despite all these dudes being a few hundred yards away...
Answers: This Goku learned Super Saiyan 4 under different circumstances. About the Gohans, Chronoa took them from different time periods and/or timelines, and put them with this Goku. Chronoa puts Broly under some spell that puts him under control.

User avatar
TobyS
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:07 pm

Ricardolindo wrote:
TobyS wrote:
Ricardolindo wrote: He did recognize Cooler see https://youtu.be/aYSjIlJAG8o?t=3377 and https://youtu.be/aYSjIlJAG8o?t=3399. He said: "I-Is that you...!" and "B-Brother?!". He, obviously, knew who Cooler was. In Tokitoki/Conton City, the characters do react to each other, for example if you are under certain master, the other masters will comment on him. It is indeed canon. When did adult Goku reference GT?
Wow you are right. I was sure they sidestepped, and then that that was a dub thing. I looked up a dubbed clip and he does say it.

Which begs the question? What happened to Cooler in the “canon” time line he must have lived up until Freeza was old enough to remember him at the very least.... I think this Cooler is an alternate one like Turles and Slug. But what happened to the “real” one, and was there a “real” Turles/Slug....

Edit:
This vid at 4:09
He references making this move when he discovered SS4.
https://youtu.be/ph7R579_OQU
He also has teen Gohan with him on one mission and adult Gohan in another.

They really don't make sense. They are just for fun.

It's probably canon that you trained with some/all of the people you did, but it's just a gameplay thing that they are there all at once. As for the newest DLC it probably assumes you take Goku tbh. What with his hidden ending adding the most content and power scaling reasons. Some of the team ups with Dabra make no sense. It's rule of cool and gameplay over mechanics...

Broly patiently waits for Goku for months if you let him. No fights break out despite all these dudes being a few hundred yards away...
Answers: This Goku learned Super Saiyan 4 under different circumstances. About the Gohans, Chronoa took them from different time periods and/or timelines, and put them with this Goku. Chronoa puts Broly under some spell that puts him under control.
Why would he learn 4 when he has god and MUI. Also 10x was a retarded gt thing. You can amplify a ki attack as much or as little as you want on a case by case basis, sacrificing charge time and vulnerability... Why 10 is arbitrarily it's own thing makes no sense.... It was just GT EXTREME 90's silliness.

I mean if that's a head canon that brings you pleasure then more power to you. I mean that. But I just think all the conton city goings on (and some fu pack mentor choices) clearly don't really make sense and at just a gameplay trumping logic rile of cool type thing.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Ricardolindo
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by Ricardolindo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:23 pm

TobyS wrote:
Ricardolindo wrote:
TobyS wrote:
Wow you are right. I was sure they sidestepped, and then that that was a dub thing. I looked up a dubbed clip and he does say it.

Which begs the question? What happened to Cooler in the “canon” time line he must have lived up until Freeza was old enough to remember him at the very least.... I think this Cooler is an alternate one like Turles and Slug. But what happened to the “real” one, and was there a “real” Turles/Slug....

Edit:
This vid at 4:09
He references making this move when he discovered SS4.
https://youtu.be/ph7R579_OQU
He also has teen Gohan with him on one mission and adult Gohan in another.

They really don't make sense. They are just for fun.

It's probably canon that you trained with some/all of the people you did, but it's just a gameplay thing that they are there all at once. As for the newest DLC it probably assumes you take Goku tbh. What with his hidden ending adding the most content and power scaling reasons. Some of the team ups with Dabra make no sense. It's rule of cool and gameplay over mechanics...

Broly patiently waits for Goku for months if you let him. No fights break out despite all these dudes being a few hundred yards away...
Answers: This Goku learned Super Saiyan 4 under different circumstances. About the Gohans, Chronoa took them from different time periods and/or timelines, and put them with this Goku. Chronoa puts Broly under some spell that puts him under control.
Why would he learn 4 when he has god and MUI. Also 10x was a retarded gt thing. You can amplify a ki attack as much or as little as you want on a case by case basis, sacrificing charge time and vulnerability... Why 10 is arbitrarily it's own thing makes no sense.... It was just GT EXTREME 90's silliness.

I mean if that's a head canon that brings you pleasure then more power to you. I mean that. But I just think all the conton city goings on (and some fu pack mentor choices) clearly don't really make sense and at just a gameplay trumping logic rile of cool type thing.
Goku always wants more, haven't you noticed?

Ricardolindo
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by Ricardolindo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:25 pm

TobyS wrote:
KBABZ wrote:
TobyS wrote: According to Xenoverse 2, the events of Return of Cooler happened in alternate timeline of age 767.
For context, that would be the same year the Androids show up, specifically somewhere between January and April because the Androids arrive on May 7th. If Trunks really also wanted to also make sure things with Cooler went smoothly, then on his second trip to the past he would have arrived then and stuck around for the remaining weeks/months until the Androids showed up.

One also needs to consider why Trunks picked the date in 764 for his first trip to the past as seen in the manga/show: it's the earliest point in time that he can meet with Goku, warn him of the future, and give him the heart medicine. That is ultimately the only reason why he went back in time in the first place; defeating Frieza and King Cold was only done because Trunks mistakenly thought events were going differently, and that was because he didn't know Goku had learned Instant Transmission.

---

In terms of the Timeline though it makes things rather interesting; if you assume that the arrival of Cooler was in early January and Goku defeats him as seen in the film (and there's no reason not to think that), then that means that Goku succumbs to and dies from the Heart Virus a scant 3-4 months before the Androids show up!
Strange, we don't know how the non canon stuff goes down in xenoverse though.

So he pulls those alternate metal Coolers into the canon timeline... Strange.

They left it deliberately ambiguous if there was a Cooler (and slug and turles etc) in the canon timeline....

Turles knows Goku but Goku doesn't know him (but that could be because he's attacking an earlier version of Goku). Freeza is shocked to see Cooler but he could just be shocked to see anyone else suddenly show up on the battlefield. Be his race, and side with him.

Man I love pondering about the plot but most people aren't interested.

I'm still trying to work out if there a multiple demigras/Towas etc. (because there seems to only be one Chronoa) how much U7 characters remember from each game etc etc.

Basically what diverged to create the movie characters and what happened to stop them or kill them before they met the canon cast in the main timeline...
About the Metal Coolers in Xenoverse 2, they appeared through Towa's wormhole that connected the events of Return of Cooler on New Namek in an alternate timeline of age 767 to the events of the Cell Games on Earth in the main timeline of age 767, allowing the Metal Coolers to join the Cell Games.

User avatar
TobyS
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by TobyS » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:18 am

Ricardolindo wrote:
TobyS wrote:
KBABZ wrote: For context, that would be the same year the Androids show up, specifically somewhere between January and April because the Androids arrive on May 7th. If Trunks really also wanted to also make sure things with Cooler went smoothly, then on his second trip to the past he would have arrived then and stuck around for the remaining weeks/months until the Androids showed up.

One also needs to consider why Trunks picked the date in 764 for his first trip to the past as seen in the manga/show: it's the earliest point in time that he can meet with Goku, warn him of the future, and give him the heart medicine. That is ultimately the only reason why he went back in time in the first place; defeating Frieza and King Cold was only done because Trunks mistakenly thought events were going differently, and that was because he didn't know Goku had learned Instant Transmission.

---

In terms of the Timeline though it makes things rather interesting; if you assume that the arrival of Cooler was in early January and Goku defeats him as seen in the film (and there's no reason not to think that), then that means that Goku succumbs to and dies from the Heart Virus a scant 3-4 months before the Androids show up!
Strange, we don't know how the non canon stuff goes down in xenoverse though.

So he pulls those alternate metal Coolers into the canon timeline... Strange.

They left it deliberately ambiguous if there was a Cooler (and slug and turles etc) in the canon timeline....

Turles knows Goku but Goku doesn't know him (but that could be because he's attacking an earlier version of Goku). Freeza is shocked to see Cooler but he could just be shocked to see anyone else suddenly show up on the battlefield. Be his race, and side with him.

Man I love pondering about the plot but most people aren't interested.

I'm still trying to work out if there a multiple demigras/Towas etc. (because there seems to only be one Chronoa) how much U7 characters remember from each game etc etc.

Basically what diverged to create the movie characters and what happened to stop them or kill them before they met the canon cast in the main timeline...
About the Metal Coolers in Xenoverse 2, they appeared through Towa's wormhole that connected the events of Return of Cooler on New Namek in an alternate timeline of age 767 to the events of the Cell Games on Earth in the main timeline of age 767, allowing the Metal Coolers to join the Cell Games.
Yeah I'm just curious what happened to the “canon" main timeline version of Cooler who must have existed for main Freeza to recognize.... I don't know if the one who fights in the explosion of Namek is the main one moved in time, or an alt universe one who was shoved in like turles and slug...

And then is the one who was bought back alongside Freeza the “canon one” or the alt one/another alt one....

I'm annoyed at how much I need to know this and never will lol...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

User avatar
Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:28 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by Sailor Haumea » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:21 pm

TobyS wrote:
Ricardolindo wrote:
TobyS wrote:
Strange, we don't know how the non canon stuff goes down in xenoverse though.

So he pulls those alternate metal Coolers into the canon timeline... Strange.

They left it deliberately ambiguous if there was a Cooler (and slug and turles etc) in the canon timeline....

Turles knows Goku but Goku doesn't know him (but that could be because he's attacking an earlier version of Goku). Freeza is shocked to see Cooler but he could just be shocked to see anyone else suddenly show up on the battlefield. Be his race, and side with him.

Man I love pondering about the plot but most people aren't interested.

I'm still trying to work out if there a multiple demigras/Towas etc. (because there seems to only be one Chronoa) how much U7 characters remember from each game etc etc.

Basically what diverged to create the movie characters and what happened to stop them or kill them before they met the canon cast in the main timeline...
About the Metal Coolers in Xenoverse 2, they appeared through Towa's wormhole that connected the events of Return of Cooler on New Namek in an alternate timeline of age 767 to the events of the Cell Games on Earth in the main timeline of age 767, allowing the Metal Coolers to join the Cell Games.
Yeah I'm just curious what happened to the “canon" main timeline version of Cooler who must have existed for main Freeza to recognize.... I don't know if the one who fights in the explosion of Namek is the main one moved in time, or an alt universe one who was shoved in like turles and slug...

And then is the one who was bought back alongside Freeza the “canon one” or the alt one/another alt one....

I'm annoyed at how much I need to know this and never will lol...
You're overthinking it. The Daizenshuu says Movie 5 happens in the main timeline. Like, as-is. There's nothing that makes the movie incompatible. Gohan's tail grows back all the time, and Goku not going Super Saiyan I thought was obvious - he didn't need to. Goku was mopping the floor with Fourth Form Coola in base form. It's only when Coola transforms that he even needs to go Super Saiyan. That, and dramatic effect.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

"I don't know about you, but that sounds kind of like your regime collapsing." - Kuriza (Break Through the Limit)

I'm Rocketman's girlfriend!

User avatar
KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:01 pm
Location: The End of Time

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:46 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:There's nothing that makes the movie incompatible.
There's Icarus/Hire Dragon. He was introduced in the definitely not-canon Movie 3, then vanished from the series IIRC.
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

User avatar
Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 795
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:28 pm
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by Sailor Haumea » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:50 pm

KinguKurimuzon wrote:
Sailor Haumea wrote:There's nothing that makes the movie incompatible.
There's Icarus/Hire Dragon. He was introduced in the definitely not-canon Movie 3, then vanished from the series IIRC.
Haiya Dragon shows up in the Garlic Jr. filler too. And filler showing training for the Artificial Humans. Just assume Gohan met him in the woods or something. He's really not important in this movie anyway.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

"I don't know about you, but that sounds kind of like your regime collapsing." - Kuriza (Break Through the Limit)

I'm Rocketman's girlfriend!

Ricardolindo
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by Ricardolindo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:58 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:
TobyS wrote:
Ricardolindo wrote:
About the Metal Coolers in Xenoverse 2, they appeared through Towa's wormhole that connected the events of Return of Cooler on New Namek in an alternate timeline of age 767 to the events of the Cell Games on Earth in the main timeline of age 767, allowing the Metal Coolers to join the Cell Games.
Yeah I'm just curious what happened to the “canon" main timeline version of Cooler who must have existed for main Freeza to recognize.... I don't know if the one who fights in the explosion of Namek is the main one moved in time, or an alt universe one who was shoved in like turles and slug...

And then is the one who was bought back alongside Freeza the “canon one” or the alt one/another alt one....

I'm annoyed at how much I need to know this and never will lol...
You're overthinking it. The Daizenshuu says Movie 5 happens in the main timeline. Like, as-is. There's nothing that makes the movie incompatible. Gohan's tail grows back all the time, and Goku not going Super Saiyan I thought was obvious - he didn't need to. Goku was mopping the floor with Fourth Form Coola in base form. It's only when Coola transforms that he even needs to go Super Saiyan. That, and dramatic effect.
Indeed, as said in http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Cooler#Trivia: "
In Xenoverse 2, unlike Lord Slug and Turles who are revealed to originate from alternate timelines where their films take place, Cooler's timeline of origin is never specified, however an incarnation of Cooler exists in the main timeline as Frieza recognizes his brother when he appears on Planet Namek after being transported there by Towa. Additionally Cooler is revived in Age 779 in an altered version of the main timeline (which apparently follows the events of the film more closely as its plot was more prevalent at the time Xenoverse 2 was released and the absence of Ginyu and Tagoma could be due to alterations in history). It should be noted that Cooler's Revenge is one of the few Dragon Ball films that could be part of the main timeline as it could have easily occurred during the three-year wait for the Androids and has very few inconsistencies such as Goku's Super Saiyan transformation (which was likely held back for dramatic tension which the films often do for dramatic effect) and Cooler not wanting revenge for his father's death (which may simply be due to him being unaware of King Cold's death on Earth with Mecha Frieza, as he may have been under the impression that Frieza was killed on Namek which would explain his apparent ignorance of his father's death). However it should be noted the same cannot be said for Return of Cooler as it is full of inconsistencies which likely indicate it takes place in an alternate timeline which is implied in Xenoverse 2 when it is apparently connected to the main timeline by a wormhole. One theory is that in the main timeline Cooler died during the events of Cooler's Revenge which occurs in the main timeline and Return of Cooler takes place in an alternate timeline. The Cooler encountered on Namek could be his main timeline counterpart transported there by Towa who has no problem doing so as it would just be another change in history. It should be noted that Cooler's death on Namek was likely disappeared when Chronoa put the scrolls together after the alternations to Age 762 were fixed, thus the original timeline events still occur allowing Cooler to be revived in Age 779 leading him to be turned into Meta-Cooler and taking part in Frieza's Revenge in the altered version of the main timeline. Alternatively his death on Namek was left in though this is unlikely.".

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by KBABZ » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:07 pm

Sweet Kami does nobody at that wiki know what a paragraph is?

User avatar
TobyS
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by TobyS » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:54 pm

Ricardolindo wrote:
Indeed, as said in http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Cooler#Trivia: "
In Xenoverse 2, unlike Lord Slug and Turles who are revealed to originate from alternate timelines where their films take place, Cooler's timeline of origin is never specified, however an incarnation of Cooler exists in the main timeline as Frieza recognizes his brother when he appears on Planet Namek after being transported there by Towa. Additionally Cooler is revived in Age 779 in an altered version of the main timeline (which apparently follows the events of the film more closely as its plot was more prevalent at the time Xenoverse 2 was released and the absence of Ginyu and Tagoma could be due to alterations in history). It should be noted that Cooler's Revenge is one of the few Dragon Ball films that could be part of the main timeline as it could have easily occurred during the three-year wait for the Androids and has very few inconsistencies such as Goku's Super Saiyan transformation (which was likely held back for dramatic tension which the films often do for dramatic effect) and Cooler not wanting revenge for his father's death (which may simply be due to him being unaware of King Cold's death on Earth with Mecha Frieza, as he may have been under the impression that Frieza was killed on Namek which would explain his apparent ignorance of his father's death). However it should be noted the same cannot be said for Return of Cooler as it is full of inconsistencies which likely indicate it takes place in an alternate timeline which is implied in Xenoverse 2 when it is apparently connected to the main timeline by a wormhole. One theory is that in the main timeline Cooler died during the events of Cooler's Revenge which occurs in the main timeline and Return of Cooler takes place in an alternate timeline. The Cooler encountered on Namek could be his main timeline counterpart transported there by Towa who has no problem doing so as it would just be another change in history. It should be noted that Cooler's death on Namek was likely disappeared when Chronoa put the scrolls together after the alternations to Age 762 were fixed, thus the original timeline events still occur allowing Cooler to be revived in Age 779 leading him to be turned into Meta-Cooler and taking part in Frieza's Revenge in the altered version of the main timeline. Alternatively his death on Namek was left in though this is unlikely.".
That all kind makes sense so....

1. Presumably the Namek Cooler was regular Cooler not an alt one then. But...
2. A canon equivalent of movie 5 could occur. But why didn't Cooler attack alongside Cold in canon?
3. Why did Cooler take longer to get to earth than the other two?
4. Why isn't Cooler mentioned in the real events of 'F'
5. If there's a real regular Cooler but the metal Coolers are alternate, than why is Cooler metal when bought back in "F"? And why isn't Cold brought back? we know why Freeza didn't in canon bring his dad back in canon and could apply this to his bro too but Towa and Mira want to fuck shit up so why wouldn't they bring all 3? We know that the out of universe explanation is probably that Cold isn't in the game but.....
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

User avatar
Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 765
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:21 pm

Now let's play a game let's make the movie canon and without inconsistancy

MOVIE 1: DEAD ZONE
For works this movie need to be but before raditz (thx captain obvious) and having when Goku meet everyone at Kame-House at least Kuririn remember Gohan.

MOVIE 2,3 AND 4: THE WORLD'S STRONGEST, THE THREE OF MIGHT AND LORD SLUG
For works those movie to be but as follow, Movie 2 Goku's dead after the fight with Raditz Dr Uiro target then Piccolo and capture him during the time he train with Gohan Kuririn and co arrive for help Gohan at saving Piccolo, Gohan defeat Dr Uiro with the help of a freed Piccolo. Movie 3 here simple Nappa and Vegeta arrive but so Tullece and his gang here Vegeta challenge also Tullece and a three way fight start most of the Z warrior survive and Tullece gang is defeated but so is Nappa and Vegeta is leaving earth in bad shape after having fight Tullece and Goku. Movie 3 earth is recovering from the Three of might damage Lord Slug arrive and defeat all the Z Warrior except Kuririn and Gohan thus makes the move to the Namek arc.

MOVIE 5: COOLER'S REVENGE
This one for works simple that come right after Mecha Frieza/King Cold defeat at the hand of Mirai Trunks, Goku don't turn Super Saiyan because he think he can deal with Cooler without the use of this transformation much to his regret seeing Cooler powering up and having made few mistake.

MOVIE 6: THE RETURN OF COOLER
This movie happen during the three years training, instead of having Vegeta turning for first time in Super Saiyan before Android 19 he turn Super Saiyan for the first time against Metal Cooler armies.

MOVIE 7: SUPER ANDROID 13
Still during the three years training before the Android at the south island here Android 13, 14 and 15 are released sooner than Gero expected at one of his Labo and they start running havoc, cause Goku's gang to meet them and defeat them, but here Piccolo defeat Android 14 instead of Mirai Trunks. Then shortly after the event at the south island happen.

MOVIE 8: BROLY - THE LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN
Happen during the 10 days allowed by Cell simple.

MOVIE 9: BOJACK UNBOUND
Few days or one year after Cell defeat, Frankly this one is the only movie without problem of inconsistency lol

MOVIE 10: BROLY - SECOND COMING
I see it fit during the training time before the 25th tournament.

MOVIE 11 AND 12: BIO-BROLY AND FUSION REBORN
Those movie can happen for works let's say that the fight in Babidi spaceship have more lenght in time because of Babidi magic, so Trunks and Goten before going to fight Majin Buu, they go with Android 18 and Satan to meet the famous rich guy who created Bio Broly and defeat him, all of that happen just after the tournament in a time frame of let's say five hours or so, then Trunks and Goten learn from Videl what's happened with the gang and went to meet them. As for Janemba awakening how about make it happen when Super Buu kills all human on earth, the soul gathering at the guard post become suddenly overloaded and like in the movie one of the ogre make a mistake and paf Janemba is born due to Super Buu mayhem on earth, so during this day Goku and Vegeta would have fused twice by two method different, also for convenience let's say that hell wrecking havoc on earth doesn't happen so the Z-Warrior have just to dealt with two threat.

MOVIE 13: WRATH OF THE DRAGON
I'll put a twist with this movie by including some element from the OVA Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!! Here Tarble will be in Konatsian outfit there will be no Gure and Abo&Cado will be minion for Hoi and his scheme, Tarble would have a mission to stop Hoi by mission tasked by the elder of planet Konats, he would have save Tapion brother but still lost to Hoi scheme because Hoi would have secured the bottom half of Hirudegarn, Tarble would have been able to turn Super Saiyan and have some sexy sword play with a bit of magical power. Abo and Cado would be tough also and they would be able to fuse.

Then Battle of Gods happen and Ressurection of F too without problem.

So do you like my ideas :mrgreen:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Ricardolindo
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by Ricardolindo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:03 pm

Now, I've noticed a problem with Bojack Unbound is that, in DBS, Gohan said to Future Trunks they had not met since Cell's defeat. What do you think?

User avatar
MasenkoHA
I Live Here
Posts: 2354
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:09 pm

Movie 1- Alternate timeline if Raditz never came to earth and the gang just had a normal reunion in the first episode taking place shortly after

Movie 2-4: Alternate timeline if Goku came back to earth before the Saiyans killed any of the Z warriors and the gang never went to Namek. Taking place after the Saiyan saga

Movie 5: Alternate timeline if Goku came back during the end of the Freeza saga instead of electing to not be wished back to earth.

Movie 6-Taking place between the 3 year gap alternate take if Vegeta had already revealed his Saiyan form.

Movie 7- Alternate time where there was no Cell and Androids 17 and 18 were defeated

Movie 8- Takes place during the 10 day wait for the Cell Games

Movie 9- Takes place after the Cell saga before the Great Saiyman Saga

Movie 10- Takes place before the 25th World Martial Arts Tournament but if Goten had already met Goku

Movie 11- Alternative timeline where Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan successfully stop Babidi from awakening Buu.

Movie 12- What if Mystic Gohan successfully defeated Super Buu before he absorbed Gotenks and there was no Fat Buu getting released and joining the Z warriors and no need for Supreme Elder Kai to give his life to restore Goku's

Ricardolindo
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by Ricardolindo » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:27 pm

By the way, a famicom game released in 1993 says that the OVA "Plan to Erradicate the Saiyans" happened in an alternate timeline where Cell was killed but Goku didn't die.

User avatar
TobyS
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by TobyS » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:31 pm

Ricardolindo wrote:Now, I've noticed a problem with Bojack Unbound is that, in DBS, Gohan said to Future Trunks they had not met since Cell's defeat. What do you think?
He also quotes Tenshinhans last statement about not seeing them again after the cell games.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Ricardolindo
Newbie
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by Ricardolindo » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:42 am

Ricardolindo wrote:Now, I've noticed a problem with Bojack Unbound is that, in DBS, Gohan said to Future Trunks they had not met since Cell's defeat. What do you think?
Of course, this creates a plothole as for why Future Trunks didn't go to the main timeline, one more time, to tell, he had defeated the cyborgs, as he had planned, and was about to do when Future Cell appeared.

User avatar
shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 776
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:09 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:34 pm

The placement of movies, tv specials, and fillers in the timeline was done in Daizenshuu 7. Since the Chouzenshuu 4 is the revised and updated version of Daizenshuu 7, it would just follow that. It already shows certain things that can fit and their dates like Garlic Jr., Coola, and the Afterlife Tournament. I really liked Paikuhan from the Afterlife Tournament, and that whole arc in general even though it's filler.

Source: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/databook/chozenshu/vol-04/

It doesn't try to fit every movie though. I think the only way to fit these things is to consider an alternate timeline, not a different universe. The only alternate timelines available are Timeline 4 (Unseen Timeline) and Timeline 5 (the one created by the Universe 12 time traveler). If you consider that, even GT could fit. All of this is still not canon though but it's nice to think of it as an alternate timeline with the main timeline always being Timeline 1 is the one we watch or read.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Dragon Ball Z Movies placement on the timeline

Post by KBABZ » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:01 pm

Ricardolindo wrote:
Ricardolindo wrote:Now, I've noticed a problem with Bojack Unbound is that, in DBS, Gohan said to Future Trunks they had not met since Cell's defeat. What do you think?
Of course, this creates a plothole as for why Future Trunks didn't go to the main timeline, one more time, to tell, he had defeated the cyborgs, as he had planned, and was about to do when Future Cell appeared.
Why not both in one trip?

Post Reply