Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
DBZAOTA482
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6385
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
Contact:

Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:35 pm

Videl definitely has the potential for it and after all, Chi-Chi would probably rather make sure she has a strong daughter-in-law worthy of Gohan's love.

[spoiler]Image
Image
Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by DBZAOTA482 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31207&p=969551#p969545

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:34 am

Re: Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by DSB » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:55 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Videl definitely has the potential for it and after all, Chi-Chi would probably rather make sure she has a strong daughter-in-law worthy of Gohan's love.

I was inspired by this (by Scarz's artwork) :

[spoiler]Image
ImageImage
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image[/spoiler]
No point. Videl only wanted to learn flying which chi chi doesnt know.

Also Gohan is strong enough to protect videl from even the toughtest villains in the multiverse. Videl doenst need to know more

User avatar
SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1642
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu/East District

Re: Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:16 am

DSB wrote:No point. Videl only wanted to learn flying which chi chi doesnt know.
Its debatable on who between them was stronger but Chi Chi actually knowing formal martial arts would have at least taught her refined skill like Tenshinhan's as opposed to her just raw, rash aggression she had against Spopovich. Then again that would have mattered in Dragonball, and doesn't in Z.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

User avatar
DBZAOTA482
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6385
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:17 am

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:
DSB wrote:No point. Videl only wanted to learn flying which chi chi doesnt know.
Its debatable on who between them was stronger but Chi Chi actually knowing formal martial arts would have at least taught her refined skill like Tenshinhan's as opposed to her just raw, rash aggression she had against Spopovich. Then again that would have mattered in Dragonball, and doesn't in Z.
Chi-Chi was killing T-rex' like it was nothing as a kid while Videl's feats only consist of beating up common thugs and breaking Spopovich's neck.

The only people who would seriously debate this are ignorant people.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31207&p=969551#p969545

User avatar
SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1642
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu/East District

Re: Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:32 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:
DSB wrote:No point. Videl only wanted to learn flying which chi chi doesnt know.
Its debatable on who between them was stronger but Chi Chi actually knowing formal martial arts would have at least taught her refined skill like Tenshinhan's as opposed to her just raw, rash aggression she had against Spopovich. Then again that would have mattered in Dragonball, and doesn't in Z.
Chi-Chi was killing T-rex' like it was nothing as a kid while Videl's feats only consist of beating up common thugs and breaking Spopovich's neck.

The only people who would seriously debate this are ignorant people.
With the laser and blade on her helmet not her bare hands. I really don't think 12 year old chi-chi could beat Videl hand to hand.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

User avatar
nickzambuto
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1508
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Re: Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:41 pm

......Are people seriously just going to act like we didn't read that comic.

User avatar
DBZAOTA482
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6385
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:59 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:With the laser and blade on her helmet not her bare hands.
A blade that she threw with her own strength and that was enough to kill the T-rex... not even strong men in real-life could possibly do that. Videl might be able to beat Kid Chi-Chi without her helmet but no way is she beating Chi-Chi beyond that.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31207&p=969551#p969545

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:49 am

Re: Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by jplaya2023 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:23 pm

the only training chi chi would offer videl is how to cook for gohan kun

User avatar
TheMikado
I Live Here
Posts: 4866
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Re: Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by TheMikado » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:08 pm

nickzambuto wrote:......Are people seriously just going to act like we didn't read that comic.
That's literally exactly what I was thinking

The guy literally just posted hentai in the original post and no one notices. I guess this is proof positive that people really don't read the original posts...

I'm sorry, but every single other person who posted in this thread, and repeatedly are individuals who I just have to assume don't bother to really read the threads they post in.

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10529
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by Doctor. » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:20 pm

Since even Scarz censored this comic when she posted it, I'd recommend either doing the same or removing the more explicit pages from the OP at once before the feds mods come and get you.

User avatar
DBZAOTA482
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6385
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:54 pm

Doctor. wrote:Since even Scarz censored this comic when she posted it, I'd recommend either doing the same or removing the more explicit pages from the OP at once before the feds mods come and get you.
I'm almost certain she didn't but Imma remove the more "raw" images. I'm not going out like that.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31207&p=969551#p969545

User avatar
nickzambuto
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1508
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Re: Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:59 pm

TheMikado wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:......Are people seriously just going to act like we didn't read that comic.
That's literally exactly what I was thinking

The guy literally just posted hentai in the original post and no one notices. I guess this is proof positive that people really don't read the original posts...

I'm sorry, but every single other person who posted in this thread, and repeatedly are individuals who I just have to assume don't bother to really read the threads they post in.
OR maybe they're all individuals who have simply become desensitized to Dragon Ball hentai and now treat it as a casual, everyday thing...

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:00 pm

DSB wrote: Also Gohan is strong enough to protect videl from even the toughtest villains in the multiverse. Videl doenst need to know more
Too bad he got knocked out cold when the monster was stealing her baby..
And was standing around powerless when freeza blew up earth and killed her and her baby with it.. :roll:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:34 am

Re: Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by DSB » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:36 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
DSB wrote: Also Gohan is strong enough to protect videl from even the toughtest villains in the multiverse. Videl doenst need to know more
Too bad he got knocked out cold when the monster was stealing her baby..
And was standing around powerless when freeza blew up earth and killed her and her baby with it.. :roll:
One. Talking about filler means you are just an idiot

Two. Freeza gained God power. I'm not sure anyone other than Goku Vegeta and now trunks could have stopped him.

Also, Golden Freeza is still the most power Universe 7 villain. That actually helps my point

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:49 pm

DSB wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
DSB wrote: Also Gohan is strong enough to protect videl from even the toughtest villains in the multiverse. Videl doenst need to know more
Too bad he got knocked out cold when the monster was stealing her baby..
And was standing around powerless when freeza blew up earth and killed her and her baby with it.. :roll:
One. Talking about filler means you are just an idiot
Why thank you!
I will let your ignorance go this one time,
all of super is Canon, we can't pretend SS3 Gotenks vs Base Vegeta didn't happen, we can't pretend Barry Khan didn't exist, it all happened and is canon now..

No it dosen't help your point, you said he could protect her from the toughest of Villans and freeza was just that..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:34 pm

Re: Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by DragonBallLove » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:09 pm

I like hentai. Just saying.

User avatar
TheZFighter
Regular
Posts: 530
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:40 am

Re: Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by TheZFighter » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:12 am

nickzambuto wrote:......Are people seriously just going to act like we didn't read that comic.
Hilarious.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

User avatar
GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:46 pm

Re: Chi-Chi should have trained Videl.

Post by GigaDrill » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:38 am

With the time that they had, I don't think Chichi could have trained Videl enough to make a difference in the fight with Spopovich
nickzambuto wrote:OR maybe they're all individuals who have simply become desensitized to Dragon Ball hentai and now treat it as a casual, everyday thing...
The Internet in general does that to people, especially when one peers too closely into the abyss

Post Reply