Is Beerus' life linked to the younger or older Kaioshin?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Is Beerus' life linked to the younger or older Kaioshin?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue May 02, 2017 4:13 am

Or both? I keep wondering about this. It might be part of the reason he sealed him in the Z sword - so he wouldn't easily be found and killed. And we know that Buu killed the other Kaioshins and the Dai Kaioshin but Beerus wasn't affected. So if you ask me his life is most likely linked to the Elder Kaioshin and no one else.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Is Beerus' life linked to the younger or older Kaioshin?

Post by dbgtFO » Tue May 02, 2017 4:28 am

His life is linked to the younger one.
This is stated in the relevant episode and manga chapter.
Anything else is speculation, understandable because of the lack of explanations, but still speculation.

szopman
Beyond Newbie

Post by szopman » Tue May 02, 2017 5:44 am

I'd say that he's linked to the both of them.
Obviously he's linked to the younger, because when Future Kaioshin died, he did as well.
But I think he was also linked to the Old Kai. I f he wasn't why would he seal him in the Z-Sword? What would be the point of doing so ? I guess he did that to save himself from dying. I think he was linked to the Old one before the younger one was promoted to this function. That also would make sense. Hard to say, maybe as long as any Kaioshin lives, he's alive as well? But at the moment, he must be linked to the Kaioshin :)

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Tue May 02, 2017 8:11 am

I think the Kaioshin and God of Destruction of each universe are only life linked with whoever currently holds the other position.

For instance, look at the Black and Zamasu arc. Gowasu is linked to Rumoosh. Zamasu would have killed Gowasu before he takes the position had Beerus not stepped in. This in turn should have killed Rumoosh as well. You don't exactly see him trying to stop Zamasu, do you?

We also know that Rumoosh doesn't have a link with Zamasu due to his existence after Zamasu's destruction.

The life link with Elder Kai likely expired when a new kai took the position of Kaioshin. Which likely can't happen if all the other kais are dead I would think.

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Fri May 05, 2017 7:11 pm

both I would think.

they both appear to be acting Kaioshins, so both must die for Beerus to die.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sat May 06, 2017 3:17 am

Should be both of them, I'd think...

...unless this link transfers to the newer generations as soon as they get promoted to a Kaioshin position, anyway. If that's how it works, then the old one (from 15 generations ago) would've "lost" the connection to Beerus as soon as the East Kaioshin from 14 generations ago took his place. And then that connection would've passed down the line until we get to the current-generation East Kaioshin.

Would the old Kaioshin regain the link when he was freed from the Z-Sword, though? I mean... does he technically have any "official" Kaioshin position at this point (like... do we have two East Kaioshins now? is he counted as the Dai Kaioshin due to being the oldest living Kaioshin??), or is it more of an "old retired guy who shows his younger inexperienced successor how to do the job" situation

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sun May 07, 2017 3:10 am

Given that Beerus, who knows that Rou Kaioushin has been freed from the Z Sword given that he saw him at the Champa arc tournament, stated that East Kaioushin's death would mean his own (when he tells Whis to watch over East Kaioushin when they take Goku to see Zen'ou)
szopman wrote:I f he wasn't why would he seal him in the Z-Sword?
Because it wouldn't have been proper? Killing a Kaioushin without good reason is something likely taboo for a Hakaishin to do , and he wouldn't be able to do so without repercussions from it.